It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The story of how humans from Earth were sent to live on the home planet of the E.T.'s

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: nOraKat

A blast-o from the past-o

Even though it was proven to be a made-up story,

Link please

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well There are humans out there but...they arent on zeta reticulai lol!!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Tall Whites are real? Are you being sarcastic, or do you believe or Know they are real?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Link please

rationalwiki.org...

There are many others if you choose to look.
Anyone with at least a modicum of knowledge about this subject knows exactly what SERPO was.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
For those crying out for proof of Serpo being a hoax and the credibility of Lear and Lazar, this website has a search function that will help, because many of these debates happened here.

20 years ago these types of forums were full of mostly adults who had college level educations, many had served their country and had their own stories to contribute. These stories were picked apart by pros who found that when it came to things like military matters or advanced physics these people and their stories fell short.

Very few wandered into these forums because discussions were boring and contained dialogue rooted in science and ufoology, each of them was passionate about getting to the truth because to them this was serious business.

When this place was formed we had come from many different places on the web, I saw amazing stories come to light and saw just as many fall to people who knew what they were talking about. I watched them pick apart the bad science of Lazar, john titor, and many others.

Although we've lost many of them, they are still here no doubt weary at the fact that kids are still bringing up old stories they spent hours upon hours picking apart and eventually debunking only to see them resurface time and time again decades later.

edit on 10-8-2016 by kobalt7 because: shortened

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I dont know. Travel light years but cant grow a Potato...Not buying it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Serpo was a Richard Doty story.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

12 parsecs? Kessel Run FTW

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Didn't the whole Zeta Reticuli thing spawn from that damned Betty Hill "Star Map?"

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ahh SERPO or SPORE if we want to use an anagram.

It was fun while it lasted from an entertainment point of view. As was the Alien Autopsy and that Jonathan Reed story about finding an alien in the woods.

We can still learn something from these stories. The lesson is to always be objective. Even though we may want to believe we should never let the word 'gullible' become an adjective used to describe us.

But hey nOraKat put a bit of effort in here to post some interesting content (S&F for that ). SERPO is still an interesting story from it's genesis, how it was circulated and the characters involved.

edit on 10/8/16 by mirageman because: typo

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

A blast-o from the past-o

Even though it was proven to be a made-up story, I'm still curious about *why* they did it. Was it to create enough buzz they'd be able to sell the rights to Hollywood? Was it a mean trick on the UFO 'community?' They spent over a decade laying the groundwork and I guess we'll never know for sure.

Why didn't they try harder to find a better writer than Doty? Interplanetary space exchanges had legs as a story idea. It was like a sci-fi road movie all mixed in with that buddy-buddy potential. I mean, there could have been love affairs, near-misses with mysterious pirate vessels en route to Zeta and a quiet soldier who (shock!) turns out to be the son of a UN ambassador.

Instead, our Zetan space-farers existed like Bedouins on a world without any razle-dazzle technology. They didn't even like Tibetan music or the taste of ice-cream.

A decent author could have worked wonders with Zeta and given the Reticulans a wee bit of personality. Even the guy with the 'Tall Whites' story went the extra mile to give them quirks and recognisable personalities.

I blame our vapid mainstream culture. We pretended to be dumbed down too well while quietly nourishing our own knowledge on the internet while adding to the internet.

Kim, Kanya and Reality TV were all diversions. They had to be. There is no other explanation for subjecting humanity to it other than cosmic warfare.

Seriously I can come up with all the theories in the world (/dimension) but I still kind of need some proof. The theories are more fun that way.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
Ahh SERPO or SPORE if we want to use an anagram.

It was fun while it lasted from an entertainment point of view. As was the Alien Autopsy and that Jonathan Reed story about finding an alien in the woods.

We can still learn something from these stories. The lesson is to always be objective. Even though we may want to believe we should never let the word 'gullible' become an adjective used to describe us.

Like vaadwaur?

Chicken or the egg "fiction" wise. The creation of Seti certainly would have influenced that but it's hard to tell how much is trying to insist we believe rather than telling us something else.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: riley

Seriously I can come up with all the theories in the world (/dimension) but I still kind of need some proof. The theories are more fun that way.

Agreed

I sometimes think we're just going round and round in circles. I also sometimes think it's been really quiet without the big stories. Am I saying Doty's grand tales are missed? Kinda.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Its funny how all of these people come out claiming that Lazar and John Lear are liars, but yet nobody has stated a single reason.

First of all, they (Lazar and Lear) had nothing to do with the story, so their credibility does not pertain to the story's credibility whatsoever. So to those who claim that Lazar and Lear are liars in order to discredit this story - well, that tells you a lot about the rational of those who are saying it.

----

Lear also does not believe in the story as I have stated in my OP. There are holes in it. However he does believe there is some truth to it, and believes project SERPO actually occurred based on accounts and things he heard from others in the military/intelligence community.

If we did recover a live body at Roswell (and I do believe with fair certainty that Roswell did occur, something like the way it was told in the story), and if we made good relations with it to repatriate it/him, I think it would be a natural step to want to visit his world.

----

Did someone say that this story comes from Richard Doty? .. a retired Special Agent who worked for AFOSI, the United States Air Force Office of Special Investigation. Wow, that alone is interesting.

----

I believe in Bob Lazar - that he worked at Los Alamos and S-4. I think there were even strange goings on of people trying to cover those things up and investigators finding his name on rosters and things like that. Also listening to his interviews you get a sense that he is telling the truth, like the way a good poker player can tell if someone is bluffing or not - and I am a good poker player. Also things he blurts and mentions checks out - like he mentioned element 115 that was used in the reactor, and how the Heavy Ion Research Lab in Darmstadt, Germany has "reached element 112". I look it up to see if it really exists - and there it goes - Helmholtz Centre for Heavy Ion Research, it really does exist. These little facts and references - I don't think they are known by just any knuckle-head hoaxer.

Also, this whole affair for him has brought him nothing but grief. There was nothing to be gained by him to bring this out. The only thing that came from this was that he lost his job, and for that reason he regrets the whole thing.

The only points I wanted to bring out on this post that came from Lazar were that -
1) One craft and particular alien held at S-4 was from Zeta Reticuli. This he heard from his co-workers.
2) His description of the ET he actually saw, (there's actually a sketch he drew; I can't find it) in particular, its height, which is consistent with other accounts and the movie Close Encounters of the Third Kind which I thought was interesting. In fact the whole affair w SERPO and accurate depictions in movie, felt like Spielberg had some inside information.

----

Also you see, a single person coming out with this sort of information is one thing, and then having a bunch of people coming out with this - ex-military/intelligence people with stories that corroborate, well that is a whole other thing.
edit on 11-8-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Tall Whites are real? Are you being sarcastic, or do you believe or Know they are real?

Of course the TW are real. They aren't from Zeta Reticuli though, they are quite earthly. Charles stumbled across them and fell for their cover story. Er.. sarcastic? ME?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The reason John Lear believes the intelligence community disseminated the disinformation on SERPO:

J:"I’m just talking now about what they’re trying to feed us now on Project Serpo and the reason is I believe that there is no way the government can hide any more the Grays. They have to come up with a story. But since they don’t know who they are or what they’re doing, they just want to say, “Yeah, they’re from Zeta Reticuli. Yeah we’ve been there. Yeah it’s a mom and pop deal. We played soccer with them. Yes. It’s no big deal....”

J: It’s a great story. I may be wrong, but I believe it’s disinformation.

K: But we’ve been to Zeta Reticuli. The root of the story is actually true, as far as you’re concerned, because of what you contact are telling you?

J: Yes.

Interview

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Also on Lazar - he mentioned gravitational waves way back then. Didn't we just discover gravitational waves?

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   

If you have a little time to kill, I can direct you to a couple of places to get the nitty gritty on how Serpo was sourced to Doty. It all started off with 'anonymous' emails on a UFO group's private list. That's where the 'Serpo' story was first given some light.

Emails contain a stack of hidden information like IPs of senders and evidence of their trace-route as well as whether the IP has been spoofed or email edited. With the origins being entirely email related, it was possible to look at the IPs of the 'anonymous' emails and where they came from.

Read the details here at 'RealityUncovered.' If you don't want to read so much, Stephen Broadbent (one of the team) did an hour's interview on the Paracast - get it here.

Rick Doty had sent emails under his own name which could be compared to those of 'anonymous.' They matched and this confirmed that he was central to the narrative. Now, it's tempting to think this was the 'truth' and he was 'leaking' it behind the 'anonymous' account to protect himself.

However, Doty had been telling a variety of conflicting stories since the early 1980s. He was the guy who gave Linda Moulton Howe the fake document (Aquarius document) about aliens in captivity and crashed saucers. He was also on a fun Coast to Coast AM show with Greg Bishop where he told some more lurid stories. He was associated with a LOT of colourful stories for a couple of decades and tended to leave many of his connections embarrassed in the fall-out. I think he was good with smaller, condensed stories and sort of lost it when they grew - that's just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

as our sphere of understanding grows as does the surface area of the unknown

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
Also on Lazar - he mentioned gravitational waves way back then. Didn't we just discover gravitational waves?

When Lazar mentioned gravitational waves, they were a known hypothesis. It's not like he was the first person ever to mention them.

Einstein predicted the existence of gravitational waves in 1915 with his General Theory of Relativity, and the possible existence of gravitational waves have been discussed among physics ever since. All Lazar needed to do to know about them was to pick up a physics textbook or maybe a science magazine such as Scientific American.

By the way, the same goes for Element 115. Element 115 was not "discovered" until a few decades after Lazar mentioned it, but the existence of Element 115 had been predicted long before Lazar. I remember my 1980s high school chemistry book had "placeholders" in the periodic chart for elements that had not yet been discovered, but were thought to exist; element 115 being one of them.

Periodic charts today have placeholders for elements that have not yet been confirmed to exist (say for example, Element 121), but whose existence are predicted by our scientific understanding of how things work....

However, if I today make the wild claim that "Element 121 exists and can be used to make free energy for the entire world", that doesn't mean that when element 121 is finally discovered in a couple of decades that my statement above that I made here today about element 121 being used for free energy was meaningful -- because my prediction about element 121 is by far not meaningful at all.

edit on 2016-8-11 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join