It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S / Mexico Border

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
this is just a small part of the straighn from the one's getting caught.
www.csmonitor.com...

csmonitor.com.../durable/2000/10/24/text/p1s3.html

It's even worse today.
commdocs.house.gov...
newer figures to look at just pulling some of the net.
www.migrationinformation.org...
[edit on 20-1-2005 by nmbvua]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Looking for newer data and there apears to have been more pressing issue's arise because of foreighn country wars etc. now surely they haven't stoped tracking it. but as a resadent on the mexico/us border I will say what im seeing is at a all time high tripled from three years ago.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
For those of you that live close to the border I plan to go backpacking close to devils river in Texas in about 6 weeks and am wondering what to expect. Will I get hassled by the border patrol? Should I be overly concerned with thieves etc...
Thanks!!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
all depends on how close to the border you get. at anyrate have fun and don't give anystangers a ride you could lose your vehicle.
For some real fun carry your water in one of them milk jug containers.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
www.sanangelostandardtimes.com...
just some more info on the crossing.

Face it it's tough love and far from over.

www.paysonroundup.com...

The terrorist have a wide open alley in wich to cross if they wished.

President Bush's open-border policy is an invitation to disaster.

How many times do we have to say it?

In this war against Islamic terrorism we face a near-invisible enemy whose forte is exploiting weaknesses. You can't find a more exploitable weakness than 2,000 miles of unguarded borders.

Close the border, Mr. President. Shut it down. Do whatever it takes, no matter the cost.

Want to stimulate the economy in this country? Bring 100,000 troops home from Europe where they are doing little but stimulating the European economy and put them to work at the border while we build a 2,000-mile security fence.

Don't tell us it's impractical. It's a matter of life and death.

Secure borders and fences have been built throughout history by nations far less affluent than our own.

No more excuses.

Either we are at war or we are not.

If we are at war, we must secure the perimeter. If we are not, bring the troops home now.

I would prefer to see us win this war. But we cannot win it exclusively on offense. We need to defend the homeland. That doesn't mean bigger databases and more checkpoints at home. It means keep the enemy out.

I don't care about the need for cheap labor in this country. It is irrelevant. I don't care if Americans are forced to pay higher prices as a result. It's a small price to pay for freedom and security.

But if President Bush is so determined to provide cheap labor to employers in this country there is a way he can do it while securing the borders.

It would simply mean the creation of a national employment office in Mexico. U.S. employers would list the jobs they seek to fill and the qualifications necessary to fill them. Mexicans seeking employment would apply to fill the slots. The plan would call for specific timed contracts, which could be extended later if needed as long as the documentation was completed before the first contract expired. Under this plan, the economic needs of the U.S. would be met, and the imported workers would be able to earn their U.S. paychecks above board. In addition, they would have a paper trail, legal documentation with a fixed termination time limit.

But this won't happen. Such a proposal will never be made. Why?

Because the open borders are about more than cheap labor.

They are about international agreements. They are about breaking down national sovereignty. They are about globalism rather than nationalism.

If it's about cheap labor, it would be easy enough to secure it while maintaining our national security and sovereignty. But Mexico would never be happy simply exporting honest people who want to do an honest day's work. Mexico wants to export criminals. Mexico wants to export revolutionaries. Mexico wants to export terrorists. Mexico wants to export drug dealers and arms merchants. Mexico wants to export all manner of undesirables – millions of them – to serve as a safety valve for its own corrupt system.
Welp hopefully they will catch on one day untill then we are all at risk.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a new one for this evening.
story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20050120/wl_nm/mexico_prison_dc

kix

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Flying High NAILED it...Mexico and the USA have Huge agreements on other stuff than migration that is WHY your government will and is letting this happen...... for axample when OIL was at 54 a barrel Mexico supplied 2.1 million barrels each day a lot cheaper than that..how much? nobody knows only top gov. officials know....
Mexicans in the US sent 19 000 US millions last year to Mexico and its calculated that they send a fifht to a quarter of their income, so they generate more than 90 billion in US economy and posibly more in the neighborhood of 110-120 billion.

How bad is it? REALLY BAD I have just returned from California last week, went to SD, L.A. SF and Monterey and you can really go days without speaking ENGLISH, even the guys working at Panda express are not chinesse anymore!! they are Mexicans.....You have been invaded but the US gov. is not dumb they gain a lot more ....this problem is a 2 way street, and for your info Mexican presiden t FOX has always wanted to institute a program to solve the problem with US documents and rules and close the border to enforce those egreements, but guess what, Dubya was so mad that Mexico did not support the Iraq invasion that he did not talk to Fox for over a year, he began only months ago because he needed the latino vote.....

This theme has been beaten to death is no easy one and it has gains and drawbacks, it depends on how you look at them, iMHO those mexican over there that I saw work really hard, and they are not murdering by the ton, or selling drugs all the time or are "revolutionaries" or even terrorists, guess the racism gene is alive an d well in America....

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Hey Kix, thanks for the post. It is nice to get a view on this subject from someone that lives on the other side of the border. I live in Ohio and I recently had a new roof put on my house. All of the companies I contacted use mexican labor. I wanted to talk to them about Mexico but unfortunatley none of them spoke any english.

I am wondering just how bad it is in Mexico. I have never been to Mexico and do not know anyone there. Do you think that if a system was setup to where mexicans that want to work in the us could do it above board would they use it, or would they be afraid to? The workers that come here must get used and abused and would probably rather be above board so that they could have better treatment. Let me know what you think.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
cryptorsa1001 you were asking if the mexicans that come over illegallly are abused? well basically they are the same as the irish in the 1800s, they are cheap and if you lose one you got a hundred more to choose from.

In the southwest in 2002 i remember how basically you had these gangs or mafia's , that kidnapped Illegals that came into this country , they would kill the men , and rape all the woman and Children , record the SH*t and then send it back to the famlily to extort them for cash. Now i don't know about you , but I'm a good O" boy! Blue collar all the way , and i don't care what country your from. but raping Little girls and young women , KIdnapping Latino looking people from Front yards of Phoenix HOmes, and then taping the shiznik ?!?!?!! what are we doing to stop them? oh yeah the media doesn't have time for that , not even to track down these Sub-human pigs that are a part of this

lets send some troops over to Iraq and forget putting those couple of hundred of billions of dollars to use to make life in the U.S. safer place to live.

Don't blame the immigrants for trying to find a better life for their kids, Blame the Fat-cats trying save a buck , blame the Feckers that would rather send job over seas , instead of the ones that try and provide work here.

Immigration is a dirty subject, it's not the people that are to blame, it's all the rich folk that would rather a couple bucks than make american life better

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Down here you can't get a job if you don't speak spanish and I'm in the united states for crying outloud. They file complaints with the state on you for discrimination. crazy the last election we had this guy that took his teenager to the courthouse with him so he could fillout the papers to run for mayor. guess who are mayor is ? yep and this bandito is here on a work visa. and rambling something about freedom for mexico VIVA MEXICO and junk. getten wild around here. alota Mexico folks drugs in trucks driveing freely up and down the streets of this american town. and there headed north. Comeing to your neighborhood soon.. be sure and let your daughter stay out late they will apreciate that.. seeing how you suport them they will really like you and wan't to live close to you if they hear your there american buddy. and stash lots of drugs on your property wile you sleep so they won't get caught with it you will when things heat up.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bordnlazy
cryptorsa1001 you were asking if the mexicans that come over illegallly are abused? well basically they are the same as the irish in the 1800s, they are cheap and if you lose one you got a hundred more to choose from.

In the southwest in 2002 i remember how basically you had these gangs or mafia's , that kidnapped Illegals that came into this country , they would kill the men , and rape all the woman and Children , record the SH*t and then send it back to the famlily to extort them for cash. Now i don't know about you , but I'm a good O" boy! Blue collar all the way , and i don't care what country your from. but raping Little girls and young women , KIdnapping Latino looking people from Front yards of Phoenix HOmes, and then taping the shiznik ?!?!?!! what are we doing to stop them? oh yeah the media doesn't have time for that , not even to track down these Sub-human pigs that are a part of this

lets send some troops over to Iraq and forget putting those couple of hundred of billions of dollars to use to make life in the U.S. safer place to live.

Don't blame the immigrants for trying to find a better life for their kids, Blame the Fat-cats trying save a buck , blame the Feckers that would rather send job over seas , instead of the ones that try and provide work here.

Immigration is a dirty subject, it's not the people that are to blame, it's all the rich folk that would rather a couple bucks than make american life better

Iagree 100% but they can't say boohoo 9/11 cause there fixen to get the 411. And you wonder why they finaly yanked welfare back to 4 yrs. so that the dogs would be forced to bit once let lose.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
nmbvua let me tell you a story , when i was 14 in 1994, i traveled by greyhound bus to Fortworth texas to live with my Pa. I am half american and half salvodorian (1/2 heinz 57 and 1/4 pure spanish & 1/4 indian[bred into the family during slave times]) I remember a Norweigen male who was here in this country illegally and had by his words 2lbs of weed. now when we came into the great state of texas, who do you think they pulled aside to question the feck out of? that's right me! a 5'11 tanned metallica fan, they kept on testing my english over and over, until i lost my temper and they left me alone! they checked my school ID over and over, asked me all sorts of questions about who i'm working for and what not?!?!?! and left Norweigen dude alone never asking for ID from a single Caucasion looking person?!?! not all hispanics are darkies! and as a kid i didn't desever to be harrased , It took a couple of fellow passengers to have the INS leave me alone. I barely spoke spanish, and to any latino person , i look american , it just goes to show you how much money was waisted and prolly still is.

I say come down hard on these business that have sweat shops by the border!! they use to have supposed "American made" goods put together by Mexicans?!! Stop trying to come down on the little guy , come down on the big business dudes extorting these foriegners to make sure their stock looks good!

Stop the big guns, stop the employers , stop the oppurtunities for work and the rest will follow(well hopefully). Keep the JObs in this country For american s to work!!! I know Illegals are part of the problem No matter how much i wish they weren't(seeing as how i want every father to provide for his child not to have to work full time at teh age of 10) but it's the fault of the fatcats! trying to weasle an extra-buck here and there, too busy to care about the fate of the world! i'm just glad that i saw a thread on here that this could be spoken about , I hope people realize that we should try and make our part of the world better ,before we mess with other parts, i mean Iraq was bad, but really compared to the child Prostitution , drugz, Slavery(alright almost slavery) Suppression, why are we now caring about some place on the other side of the world? HMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder

[edit on 21-1-2005 by bordnlazy]

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison
The problem has gotten out of hand and is far bigger than we are equipped to deal with.

If you are equipped with 400 billion to spend on the military, you are equipped to deal with a 1,951 mile border.

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Wile I agree 100% "W" laid the ground work with welfaire reform. why Like I said do when they got there visa's they wouldn't be looken for welfair theyed be looken for work. and to help curve inflation and keep the cost of American labore down. now sure greed plays a large roll in this it's simple economic's. how ever the price we are paying for it is it realy worth it. we now live a zone referd to as Ameritex. or calitex or texmex. the thing is the intentions of our government and phat cats. differ from the intentions of the dogs they set free.
Like the old saying go's mess with fire and get burn't.

They will live to see the burn.
Like I say they have taken this town over with work visa's the elected sherrif resighned after a few run in's with them. there Intentions are clear and there headed north in our american town the american flag was taken down we now fly the mexico flag at our court house and the gal at the local P.O. was beaten twice for flying our american flag. and it was finaly replaced with mexico's flag.
HAAHAHA sounds funny to me dum fat cat's here lost there business's town and the american flag. all I can say is yep it's ok wait you will lose your flag to. just keep fighten the american def, blind, and dumb. cause we all now how authority listens anyhow. and by the way the amercan flag is discrimnateing there should be a mexico flag with it if your population is 1/2 mex. you wait it's comeing with your drugs.

kix

posted on Jan, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Ill breif you on some info from a Mexican standpoint....

First the situation in Mexico is not as bad as some portray, but the average pay for a normal job or low education job is ridiculous, for example a guy working at the VW plant at Puebla makes like 400USD a MONTH and the same guy at Wolfsburg Germany makes 10 times that!!!! a normal job in that level makes you barely live so the resort of a lot of rural towns in Mexico is to cross th e border and work for 50 bucks a day workin 10 hours picking tomatoes or something...so in a week he almosts wins a months salary in Mexico....The incredible thing is that most people believe that companies and bussinesses make very little AND THATS NOT THE CASE, they make billions, because labor is cheap (how we got there is a very long tale but in short it is because the UNIONS and goverment were togheter to @#$* the worker)

Now if you are educated or have a carreer you live pretty good, but taxes are amazingly expoensive, we are taken away with 30 to 35% of uor income, and we pay taxes for everything (example, lets say I buy a Porsche that costs 55K, Id pay 15% over invoice on tax and then pay 2.6 % of the original price each year for as long as I keep the car, even with 3 cars a house I manage to save and travel and have a above average level of confort, but I make no illusion of myself, Mexico is a country where social diferences are abysmal.

For example Inmigrations laws in Mexico are quite tough, If someone thinks you are illegal they take you to the precinct, and somebody of the Inmigartion office will come and make 5 random questions out of 15 and if you fail 3 youd be deported (they ask you to sing the national anthem, to name the founding fathers, the national holidays, our president and things like that) If I were caught employing illegals Id be prosecuted and face a 3-5 years in prison NO BAIL POSIBLE.

We have the army in the south border protecting the country from being invaded by Illegals and some get through and get to a Train, but its estimated that out of 100 that try to cross to the US more than 70 would not make it and 2 to 3 will get killed eithe rin Mexico or in the US.

Right now the big problem are drug lords, you see this administartion has put TONS of them in Jail and they are fighting back the government with killings but the Mexican government, has been doing a lot in fact there is a 10 million bucks price on the head of the guy in charge of the "equivalent" Mexican FBI.

The problem is real bad in the US, my wife and I were really depresed that so many of our conationals have abandoned us for MORE MONEY not necesarily a better way of life, yesterday I went to Chillis (here in Mexico city) and we saw NO diference with the one we visited in North Los Angeles....!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Can you think of one thing "Home Land'' security has actually done except scaring citizens into surrendering their civil liberties? I can't. Ask yourself this. Why haven't they done the one thing that could actually circumvent terrorism inside our borders? By closing borders and documenting all immigrants, potential terrorists as well as criminals would be identified.
But instead of an explanation to why the borders are not closed we our offered the reason there flung wide open. Bush professed, " We need this highly motivated yet low skilled people to do the jobs Americans won't." This is total garbage! With the exception of migrant farm workers, blue collar America perviously filled these low end jobs. But that is no longer the case. Now greedy employers are allowed exploitation of illegals by paying less than prevailing wages.
Bush's objective is to supply his corporate sponsors with an endless supply of cheap labor despite 140 million Americans being out of work. And now he wants to hand over our Social Security benefits to Wall Street for investment. They will reap millions in profit while passing losses down to us! You have got to be kidding! Financial experts have proven there is no looming SS crisis and full benefits can be paid until 2049 without making any changes.
Americans have been forsaken. Don't fall for the boy who cries wolf again. It's time to take a stand!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
HAHAHAHA THANKX KIX I needed that laugh...
You have no clue BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!! Wrong Answer. tell the truth lad where do you live? defanatly not mexico. folks the border towns In A.P. Augua Preta have Intel plants Honey well Plant's and ton's more the town over there has Quadrupled. now kix tell it the mexico government say's yes you can build your plants here but you must give our people Medical, dential, and severance pay. but when the wage is in true fact are $5.00 a day. this is no big deal a trip to the dentist is a mear $20.00 a tooth to get pulled vrs $100.00 here. but the severance pay is whats going to get the american people. because it's for life amego.

why would they wan't to stay and be coumpa with mr fox when they can be coumpa. with mr drug man an Mr. W bush. heck if I carry small enough amounts of dope less than 500 pounds and I get caught I get to go free..HAHAHAHAHA not like the stupid americans setting me free.. oh wait it's really my uncle louie.
Lets ask you this question if you could haul 500 pounds of drugs to america and sell them for a life times wages. would you? and yes the ugly side if i get caught i just go back home and grow another crop and try again next year.
A Border patrole agenet told me a wile back the finger print matching system is working real good they ran this guy's print's and he came up as 300 people all wemon. HAHAHAHA maybe she had a sex change? sounds good to me. and no there is no 3 outa 5 question crap you watch to much T.V. they simply ask you if you can prove your a us citision if you can't they say paper's? then they ask you where are you from?
to be exact they say "state your citizenship". as the first question. then they as you question's like what town? where were you born. and then can you prove it with papers. I.D., Pass port , drivers license , birth cirtificate SS card etc. there is no stand over here and sing the national anthem mr juan. wow mr juan simon say's no. but Randy say's room 16 at motel 6.

Let me share with you a little insight I have lived here on the border farming since I was born in 1967. we used to have these cats lined up hoe'ing weeds for us I've talked to thousands of em lad and you crack me up. i've been to wymas, and baja fishing and never in my life have I ever seen what you are saying.........

Here's a link lad to just one of many places on the net showing mexicans go free.
www.ndsn.org...

and tell em kix the mexican government decides who get what job. aswell as the federalies. it's a tough love kinda country. if you would like to give $3a day for your $5 a day job we will find you one emediatly

[edit on 22-1-2005 by nmbvua]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now here is the real kicker govener Juan wants to build a bridge. but he also want's to be govener so he higher's all his friends. to mix cement by hand in a wheel barrow. why a wheel barrow? because he is createing jobs and gaining votes . because he is giveing you a job. now the dirt must be moved by hand as well no need for equipment we got shovels. and I can gain more votes by giveing jobs to ten people with shovels than one bulldozer. so instead of building that bridge in two weeks. they get it done in six months. and Juan gets his votes.
It's not like here the man with the bull dozer controls 10 votes there he only gets one. and is seen as an equal to the poor man begging americans for quarters at the border crossing.
The only power is in the federalies and government. Policia are nothing. they to must bribe the feds for there jobs.
This is why you allways see government work being done like a poor man to keep the people voteing for me so I can continue to controle the poverty wile I controle all the money as well not the man with a bull dozer he get's nothing. the goverment is the only power and the only one with money.
if they see someone with what they think is to much money and could possibly lead to a threat he's dead. just for the mear thought of it.
now if you got alot of money and are buying them drinks and given em a few hundred dollars every week sure they will turn there back to you. because they to are poor. but if a bigger dog come's you better ither get a bigger stack of money out or lay low. cause they'll kill you and take it all if they think they can. it's nothin but tough love down there.

Ok now you say geesh nmbvua here the guy that owns a bulldozer doesn't get 10 vote's I'll say he get's the job though doesn't he. so does the guy with the cement truck's. there for he gets the politishoner's ten vote's. that juan in mexico keep's and controles buy being a good guy and letting you mix it in a wheel barrow or shovel it. I gave you a job my friend vote for me.

now why go to America I can use bulldozers and cement trucks and make all the money and gain power myself. by getting work visa's for my friends I to can be a mexican power in america. and Party freely with my money big fiesta's no worry about americans cause they think im a poor stupid mexican. they won't take my money or kill me because I am makeing friends.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by nmbvua]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And crimes in mexico are met with a crowd drawing exacution style death. to send strong messages not to mess with the government or it's power. a verry clear and strong message.
Not like in the united states where if you are caught stealing or hauling drugs without the govenment being involved or paid to look away. you get to sit in a room and get free meals and watch tv go out and play some basket ball. sounds like a visite to the local country club even for us U.S. citisen's. To them what do you think it sounds like ?
if they get caught we set em free or put them up in facilities better than there own home in mexico. WoW
That would be like us getten busted for a crime and getten a ten story mannor with maid's, buttlers and a limo. yep just for breaken the law wow where do I sighn up? you say hahaha
now you see why they Wan't to flee there country and don't care because they only gain by doing it no matter what they do.
Some do return back down there yes. why you wonder it's because they can live and provide well for there family's without ever haveing to work again but they must stay under the radar. a small price compared to what they were fighting on $5 a daywith political mudd ear deep. and the way they were haveing to worry about the bills before there trip. some get into drugs and other stuff and wind up loseing there money and have to make the trip yet once again.
so comeing to America is allway's going to be there dream. even if we take the jobs there cause there government still controle's them.
Even the cats that work on work visa's are working for a labore contractor in the us thats from mexico himself. his cut around here this last year he get's $2 of the $5 an hour they make. no differen't but it's the american power ( Mr bulldozer ). $5 an hour vs $5 a day.
So the biggest goal IS to be the ( BullDozer ) the price to pay is cheap and if it cost american live's who care's I will still win.

kix

posted on Jan, 25 2005 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I Dont want to be rude pal but can you translate your previous 3 posts to ENGLISH????

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join