It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S / Mexico Border

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The security down here is very poor. The drugs are Bad Thick these cats drive up through here they don't use the roads and don't stop to cut the fence's. they come and go freely. most only get caught for the free ride home, and to tie up agent's so there brothers can come up freely. Most of these B.P. agents sit watchen the roads harassing us citicen's. our law inforcement has grown to 2 for every citisen wile they have Quota's to meet we catch hell. you can't Ticket a guy thats going back to mexico tommarow. cause he will never be back to pay it or see the judge, and will change his name they have no Photo I.D. 's. so wile the net has large holes what we need is more agents to sit with the ones we have. so instead of six sitten around shooten the B.S. there will be twelve.
The clown runing this border operation needs to be looken for a new job. they park there vehicles and say gas price's are to high for us to patrole. I've been told that hear recentl'y. That they were advised to keep there miles on patrole to a min.
Now that there looken at a dirty bomb gas must seem cheap compared to the lives at risk.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Dude, straight up,
if the USA wanted to stop the mexicans coming accross the borader they could they just don't want to. Bulid a wall like Israel and then all they would have to do is to put anit-personnel mines and snipers in a DMZ type of place like Korea and after that put a few post of marines or even regualar army recruits. Shoot to kill.

The usa needs to be ruthless and protect it's interests no matter what any other county thinks.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 06:08 AM
link   
are..you making fun of Mexicans, because, it sounds like it.......i mean, im mexican dude, and...thats not very nice to say about them, okay? next time think before you type

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
snipers are probably not a good idea. the idea is to make the barrier to immigration a thing and not a person as to avoid anything that could potentially make us look bad, especially to our own citizens a big group of whom are immigrants.

i agree, wall needs to be built, single best security measure. I say build a wall around florida too. (just the part that connects to the US)

and whoever comes to america, your american, not mexican. or your not here, got it.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:30 AM
link   
They must stop this in some way before it is to late for all of us to do anything. And yes if you want to come to America live by our rules or get out, do not try to make this another Mexico. Why dosen't the media cover the truth about what is going on in the southwest?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
maybe it's time to eliminate borders.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

We must do a better job of stopping those who seek to come into our country illegally. I support strict border enforcement programs such as Operation Hold the Line, which concentrate border patrol officers and resources at known border-crossing points. I believe it is far more compassionate to turn away people at the border than to attempt to find and arrest them once they are living in our country illegally.
George W Bush Dec 9, 1999

The borders are more leaking today than they were before 9/11. We haven't done what we need to do to toughen up our borders, and I will. We need a guest-worker program, but if it's all we have, it's not going to solve the problem. We need to crack down on illegal hiring. It's against the law in the US to hire people illegally, and we ought to be enforcing that law properly
John Kerry Oct 13 2004

In reality Bush is doing nothing mroe then pshing an economic button to appeasr hispanic voters and doing very little (except speeches and lip service) to close our porous southern borders.

When Mexico publishes a "Border crossing safty" booklet you know it is a big problem and one of thier Economic solutions that places the burden on American Jobs and tax payers

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

maybe it's time to eliminate borders.

The thought of eliminating borders scares me to death! I know that the Border Patrol isn't doing everything they can to keep illegals out, but at the same time, they are doing SOMETHING.

If I had my way we would build a wall between the U.S. and Mexico and basically shut the border until we figured out a way to deal with the millions of illegal immigrants that are already in our country. The problem has gotten out of hand and is far bigger than we are equipped to deal with.

It's all such a big, giant, frustrating mess.

Jemison

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_ham_demon
are..you making fun of Mexicans, because, it sounds like it.......i mean, im mexican dude, and...thats not very nice to say about them, okay? next time think before you type

yea you are right we have mexican nationals guarding the border for us.! really How smart are we ?
All you need is four years in the U.S.A. to get a green card. proven by bills or what ever with that green card you can join the Border Patrol, or just raise your kids to.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuTroll
snipers are probably not a good idea. the idea is to make the barrier to immigration a thing and not a person as to avoid anything that could potentially make us look bad, especially to our own citizens a big group of whom are immigrants.

i agree, wall needs to be built, single best security measure. I say build a wall around florida too. (just the part that connects to the US)

and whoever comes to america, your american, not mexican. or your not here, got it.

If we simply threw Green cards in the trash it would stop 1/2 of em. work visa's need to be next to go in the can.
Then we need to do something about the fact that the Border Patrole down here is 90% + Mexican's. I mean what good doe's it to do when you pay million's of tax dollars for a xray machine to check big rig's. when 10 miles down the border there driveing em across the desert at high rate of speeds crossen on a dried lake bed ?
I can walk out my door at night and spot at any given point in time at least two vehicles crossen. wile they claim this is a high tec game. my question is. is it really? somehow I don't buy it. being here and watchen it.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by factfinder38
They must stop this in some way before it is to late for all of us to do anything. And yes if you want to come to America live by our rules or get out, do not try to make this another Mexico.

All I can say Is read the other post thats the first problem here when you goto russa are you russhan? no your not.
You can't lable yourself what you wan't to when you wake up. Thanks for the Laugh's though. so these terrorist are americans just because they crossed the border? right keeep the subliminal messages comeing. but im not buyen em. a mexican is still a wet back even if his grandpa crossed and got the golden green card. You don't believe me start a fight with another mexican next to him. or a wet back watch them all stand up for him. start a war with mexico and watch em all you will see we have terrorist all over this country. and we have given them green pass's and the verry border we entrust our american live's to. But when you have terrorist guarding the border my question is Who's guarding it now? us or mexico?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I live in Northwestern Washington and it is terrible here. Thanks to the high rate of Mexicans, I dont have a job, and I just started a family! I had a good paying job and they laid me off to hire some Mexican because he was a "minority", THAT is pure bull#, in my area, they are DEFINITELY not a #in minority.

You are right, mess with one bean, you get the whole #in stinky bean burritto...I never use to even think I was racist, but I am slowly getting there.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
As long as mexicans are able to obtain employment they are going to cross the border no matter what we do to try and stop them. The solution to keeping illegals out is simple. Crack down on the employers to dry up the desire to hire illegals. That will not happen as long as most american companies are competing against slave labor such as in china. The only way to compete is to hire the cheapest labor you can find, right now that happens to be illegals from mexico.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LomionArannahs
I live in Northwestern Washington and it is terrible here. Thanks to the high rate of Mexicans, I dont have a job, and I just started a family! I had a good paying job and they laid me off to hire some Mexican because he was a "minority", THAT is pure bull#, in my area, they are DEFINITELY not a #in minority.

You are right, mess with one bean, you get the whole #in stinky bean burritto...I never use to even think I was racist, but I am slowly getting there.

I live in the great Northwest as well. While I see all different races living up here, I would never stoop to saying that my lack of work is due to affirmative action. If I were out of work, I could only blame myself for not finding work.

Fast food places are ALWAYS hiring. The problem is that most people will say that they will never work in one. The reality is that they are not willing to support their family. I have a friend who is constantly finding work of one sort or another, landscaping, painting, lumping materials, doing whatever. He is not well off, but I respect him deeply because he makes an extreme effort to support his family. The pay may not be great and there are definitely better jobs out there, but we do what we have to. We don't blame others for our problems.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerrbert

Originally posted by LomionArannahs

I live in the great Northwest as well. While I see all different races living up here, I would never stoop to saying that my lack of work is due to affirmative action. If I were out of work, I could only blame myself for not finding work.

Fast food places are ALWAYS hiring. The problem is that most people will say that they will never work in one. The reality is that they are not willing to support their family. I have a friend who is constantly finding work of one sort or another, landscaping, painting, lumping materials, doing whatever. He is not well off, but I respect him deeply because he makes an extreme effort to support his family. The pay may not be great and there are definitely better jobs out there, but we do what we have to. We don't blame others for our problems.

Do you call protecting you from Terrorist on there own border fron't . a perfectly suiteable job for them though? given that they are the one's who have the american government job to protect us from the rest of there family crossing and bringing some cubans ,and a few iraqies along.
Sure they got right's but where do you draw the line when it comes to your security?

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Where do you draw the line when it comes to security ??? LoL ... HAHAHA Try and get a job as a National Guard come back and let me know. ... Secondly you don't draw the line ... it is drawn for you get a map follow it is Eagle Pass .... There is the Line ... ... You guys do not knwo of what you are talking about ... You all live in the North West of try coming down to good ole' Texas ... You will find out that illegals are not all that bad. And people that are illegal are just trying to make it to support thier kids that are back in Mexico. Some of my bestest friends are illegals and they live off of about $100 a week and send the other $200 home to thier families. They do nothing but work like 60-70 hours a week. Doing nothing but work that you guys wouldn't even imagine. Of course there are the drugs addics that come over with these people ... and that is where the problem lies. But if there weren't any drugs coming over with those people then the people wouldn't be able to make it here.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Reminding Everyone to Play Nice

Warning's will be applied here on out.

[edit on 20-1-2005 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The borders, and I don't mean just the Mexican border is in need of new patrol crews. The ones we have coving and protecting them have no clue and no care. As far as the Mexicans crossing to get work, maybe both sides of the government should get together and work out a plan to allow them passes to work here and assign someone like a caseworker to monitor the status of what exackly is going on. That would prevent alot of the drugs and these people that need work to support thier families would'nt have to be returned just to be punished.
My two cents

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think that a wall may be part of the answer. Couple that with a good guest worker program that allows the worker to purchase at least miimal health insurance, and we're starting to solve the situation.

We definitely do not want to make enemies of these people. For the most part they are hard workers that are willing to do work that others won't for a low wage. Work such as harvesting the fields.

At the same time, our gov't leaders should be putting presure on the Mexican gov't to help solve the situation. Right now, Vicente Fox is just sitting back and making it our problem. This needs to change; he needs to take ownership of part of the problem too.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"Yall have it all wrong. You see, Washington could put a stop to ALL imagration from Mexico if it really wanted to. I don't know what kind of deal Bush has with the Head Honcho Fox but I would say it has to do with oil for Mexicans policy.For the trade for a couple of barrels of oil we get two or three prime and hopefully healthy Mexicans. Washington has to have some kind of arrangement with the Mexican govt. because if we wanted to we could sew up the border so tight we could dig in deeper than an Alabama tick. I would bet the farm that there is some type of arrangment with them.!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join