It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Breakup Music

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I always think of OJ Simpson when I hear this song for some reason!

Guns N' Roses I Used to Love Her

No one song can do it. There is no real answer there for you Profusion. We all had a unique path to get to that point and our own path out. Some things work for some people but not others. It comes down to our upbringing, our personal experiences, and our expectations. It hurts like hell. It is not fun. But facing that mess helps you for the next time. Running away by using modern pharmacology is not a real answer... just a pause button. Like all of life's other hurdles it is a journey you must take/make by yourself.

Although posting anonymous sad songs online is fun too! Good luck on your travels.

-TEOT

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I played both of these after a break up. The first more or less hit a chord with me, because the lyrics could pertain to a break up. I lied to myself, thinking I could make a relationship work when it clearly wasn't meant to be.

For the second, there's an interesting dynamic to the song: Breaking up isn't easy, and the song starts out at the start of the breakup. As time goes on, the song slowly starts to be come more joyous, just as both parties start to find their places in life again.

On the side - the second song was playing after my "cleanse" (after my breakup, I went for a run, and as if on cue, I was getting rained and sleeted on; almost got sick).

-foss
edit on 10/8/2016 by fossilera because:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   

edit on 11-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Miss Li - Sugar Coma

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
When I left my abusive jackhole of an ex husband I left the house with this playing on the stereo on repeat full blast.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join