It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After ten years of watching this site...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I am an "old newcomer", I have visited this site for a very very VERY long time. It is a definitive source of entertainment, & yet unconventional way of obtaining knowledge for myself.. I am not sure if this is where I start. If not then please redirect me with a link to the the proper "docking bay". I thank you in advance for the help citizens/ moderators!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Newryt
NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

Hello Newryt, your opening post gave me a hearty laugh, so that`s a great start in my book.

Welcome aboard.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I feel like a child learning how to utilize this system as I am not familiar with communicating over a basic text system due to the fact that I simply rarely partake in social websites. So question one. How do I make the "opening notice" go away? It is worth noting that I am operating over a simple hand held smart phone. a reply to: gps777

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Newryt

In an effort to encourage better threads the site management changed the rules so your opening post has to have more sentences in it to show up.

So say more there and it goes away.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Wait its working now! Just bare with me as I adapt to this. Thank you much gps777. You may impart any knowledge you suspect would be beneficial towards my new beginnings here on ATS!a reply to: Newryt

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I think you tried to respond to "Reverbs' post.

But anyway, here is a thread for new members, it will have heaps of info and you can ask away on anything you need help on Newryt.

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It is a definitive source of entertainment

Sometimes it's more like morbid fascination.
You don't want to look.
You try not to look.
But in the end...........you look.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I think this is a first. A member has an opening post in their own thread pulled for being off-topic???

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I quoted the opening post Gothmog lol, I think he hit reply instead of clicking the text box to write his opening post.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Welcome Newryt! I don't think I have ever seen anyone reply to the notice that the post is too short. Gave me a little chuckle

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Welcome welcome, great to have you here.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

It is a definitive source of entertainment

Sometimes it's more like morbid fascination.
You don't want to look.
You try not to look.
But in the end...........you look.

My hiatus lasted about 5 years..

I had to see though. I had to see..

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Welcome.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
blah

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Another lurker bites the dust! (*hats off*) Amen!

Here are some helpful tips on navigating around this place.

The top row has shortcuts to the most used items: ATS Home Page, Top, New, Recent, Forums, Archive, etc. Once there you will either see threads listed, or, links to more subjects.

If you choose the thread title, you end up on Page 1 of that thread. You can choose other pages by the little number(s) below the thread title (they're in green). If there is the Forum icon next to thread, you can click on that to jump to that particular Forum.

If you want to see the last reply in a thread, select the MemberName to the far right (just past the “reply” and “flag” icons) and that will jump you what that member posted.

If you are in a thread and see “reply to” and some text and wonder what the heck they are talking about, hit the “reply to” and you get to see the post being responded to pop up in a small window! That is one advantage of membership!

Welcome to ATS!

new topics

top topics

join