It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Host Slams America's Greatest Olympian Ever For Not Being Black, Muslim Woman

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
its weird how some host to some obscure feature with cnn can get people riled.

i know one man who wants to lead us and can make idiotic comments and be defended even if he says he was wrong. lol.

jeez, yea, that mong probably has never won anything in life. so he wouldnt know about accomplishment or the journey and hard work of earning medals or prizes.

in the mind of that guy who wrote this blog post it probably went something like this:

' in an idealistic world i guess a muslim woman, or a black muslim woman would carry that torch and there would be peace onto the world. terrorists, would see the gesture and throw down arms. blacks would get trials by judges and and a jury to prove their guilt, women will be [at least in islam] no longer second class citizens (even as a woman is up for president), and Islam would be a religion of peace... even though all signs points to not. etc...'

im sure that man has rational and common sense. many people say stupid things when they dont intend to, especially when emotionally driven.
-everyone is taking a stance where they know something he doesnt, or presume every negative connotation which could be associated with that blog post is what the author meant. me too, just not the latter.

-people say dumb things when trying to say something good all the time. case and point Trump which many support here in this very thread and vigorously defend his controversial statements as misinterpreted.
its not that that author is being misinterpreted, it was his context or choice of context to try to say what if a black muslim female did x and y, the world would somehow be better. ideological wishful thinking.

if stupidity in speeches of people who will effect our lives when president (Trump will win by a landslide) is brushed off as bad wording, why is this rubbish article sitting sideways? that guy is very hippie like, and so are most of his other videos i looked under his profile. theres one about elderly romance in retirement or living off the grid for good etc...

i hate when things polarize and arent worth being polarized.... sheesh
edit on 10-8-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Kamua Bell...is NOT a CNN "host"...He is a stand-up comedian who swims in controversial ponds around racism.

NOT a news reporter...NOT a journalsit

He says stuff like this once a week at a minimum with tongue in cheek..

Faux Controversy...Faux Outrage...

AND BTW...Your effen article is written by Tyler Durden...Yes..the Character from Fight Club...

It is not a legit article...But rather culture war and race baiting..

edit on 10-8-2016 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
How about all the politicians that were involved in the atrocities that's happened in the ME resign from their positions and not allowed to work for the government again. I think that would be a better gesture than any.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Do these liberals know how racist they sound when they speak?

I actually don't think they do or it is "OK" because it is cool to bash "white male" as they are seen as the enemy.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

yup,

Things like this are what make liberals seem like full retards in the eyes of most others.

/is why it is a fad getting more extreme as it slowly fades away.

Honestly, they have nonsensical things to say now which dillute anything of substance they may have offered up.

Champion stupid things, as you are so in bed with the owners that you cant bring something worth our time to the table, as our equals and peers.

The moral jackass police.

edit on 8 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   
In the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing the USA flag bearer was a runner who was born in Sudan. I remember it being a pretty big deal because he was one of the "lost boys" of Sudan who became an American citizen. I also remember hearing on TV about how he was picked because he was so passionate about his new homeland and so proud to now be an American citizen.

It was a pretty awesome moment for those watching around the world.

Of course Mr. Bell probably doesn't remember that, or chooses not to since it doesn't fit his article. He also probably doesn't remember that each country has team captains for each sport and those captains are the ones who choose the flag bearer. Not a comedian, not a political party and not the American public. The athletes themselves choose the person they feel should represent them by carrying their flag into the stadium. This year they chose Michael Phelps. Perhaps because he's the most decorated Olympian of all time. Perhaps because of his determination and passion for the Olympics. Perhaps because they like his headphones. It's up to them. They chose. The very idea to suggest that a proud athlete TURN DOWN being chosen by his peers for such an honor is beyond offensive. But then again, you don't hear many stories about Hollywood entertainers and their sense of honor do you so I understand if the details of the selection process were lost on Mr. Bell.

As far as him not being a CNN host... well, perhaps he's not a news anchor but he sure as heck did have his own show airing in Prime Time on CNN.

It's a shame that he chose to put that op-ed online. It does nothing but show a complete lack of understand and/or caring for a process that means the world to a lot of people.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman

yup,

Things like this are what make liberals seem like full retards in the eyes of most others.

Honestly, they have nonsensical things to say now which dillute anything of substance they may have offered up.

Champion stupid things, as you are so in bed with the owners that you cant bring something worth our time to the table, as our equals and peers.

It's not all liberals. I'm a liberal.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   

yup,

Find me a liberal who agrees with him.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
This is the most racist thing I've heard today, but it's still early. I object to the label "liberal" however, as the the comment is as illiberal as could possibly be.

Then you TRULY do not understand what a liberal stands for. You should do some REAL research sometime, not just what CNN tells you to think.

You are welcome.

Dorian Soran v2.0

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
That whole statement makes me sad to call mysrlf American. That. One of mu fellow cotizens would spew such crap boggles mu mind.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I've come to gather that the bulk of the Democrats, from say 10 years ago, who were mostly "liberals", have been mostly 'disappeared' now and replaced with these "progressives". Be it Mandella Effect, or Invasion of the Body Snatchers, I'm just not sure which yet

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Yea and just think that even Trump never said anything close to this level of stupid. But.....dumbass commentator will have his job Monday because its all part of the mental subjugation of a people to strong to take down by force.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Czulkangg
That whole statement makes me sad to call mysrlf American. That. One of mu fellow cotizens would spew such crap boggles mu mind.

he is not one of us he works for them
edit on 10-8-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

REALLY??? What #iong liberals have you been hanging around... I feel like this is I can't do that on television and we've just been given an introduction to the opposite sketches...

Jaden

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

yup,

And you are right but it's also the hateful morons on the right side, like Rush Limbaugh, O'Reilly, Coulter and Hannity that make most people thing conservatives are idiots too. I realize that's not the case, but everyone should do as I do, and just switch off TV and Radio. Nothing to see there folks but propaganda and brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I may be wrong and Stalin was probably a pacifist

I'm lost as to how a man considered to be responsible for the
deaths of 15 to 20 million people can possibly be deemed a
pacifist. Only in the mind of a liberal.

That thinking is more evidence that Michael Savage's opinions
about this political class and how they think is correct.

Since their might be children reading this thread I wont post
any of Mr Savages quotes here. -smiles-

edit on 8/10/2016 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

yup,

Find me a liberal who agrees with him.

Off his facebook page.. To many to copy just a few examples. Wanna bet they identify as liberals?

Tyler Delamare: It's a great idea, on the other hand phelps was voted on it. How about they do it together to show solidarity that way. It doesn't always have to be one or the other.

Amy Carter Gipson: Love this idea, totally agree!

Debbie Cole: This is a truly beautiful idea.
edit on 10-8-2016 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

That stupid comment it only shows how backwards those that support minorities base on skin color and "religion" are in t his nation.

Let me spell it, F U L L of C R A P

When Ibtihaj Muhammad, becomes the most honored decorated Olympian in the world then only then she should be alow that Honor, color and religion are not the requirements right now, and BTW America is till a majority Christian Nation no a Muslim nation.

I guess is not way in hell that Ibtihaj Muhammad will ever be a highly decorated Olympian, but I am sure that Simone Biles the best Gymnastic Gold medal winner in the world right now had that honor next.

The arrogance of some.

edit on 10-8-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

He trolled this crowd pretty good - right?

Did you read any of the comments back at the source? Oh...my...

:-)

Nicely done Kamua Bell

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Damn. That's like the all time trouncing by readers. I'm shocked they didn't disable the comments in advance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join