It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Host Slams America's Greatest Olympian Ever For Not Being Black, Muslim Woman

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Don't you know people should be awarded by their race, religion or gender (or lack of gender) not their accomplishments.

It's not about being the best of the best anymore.
It's about being the best that happens to fit in a sub category of pc bullcrap.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Maybe she is just getting ahead of herself. One day, Phelps might become a black, Muslim, woman. For the time being, he can just identify as one and win some more gold medals in the women's swimming events.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was thinking about saying that white men are hardly a majority at the Olympics because other ethnic groups can and do consistently excel and outperform whites athletically, but that isn't always true.

In the swimming pool, whites are still dominant.

Like it or not, athletics are one of the few places where actual physical build can still make enough of a difference to help you out and be the true difference between elite status and merely very good. Certain ethnic groups of all kinds are put together in ways that do help them at different kinds of athletic pursuits. Whites tend to combine long torsos and long arms and legs which helps make us better swimmers. Blacks tend to have the very long arms and legs but combine it with a shorter torso which gives them a much better center of gravity for running making them naturals on the track.

You find people with those basic body plans in all groups, but you see the tendencies more in some. Just start watching sports and you will notice how, at the elite levels, you can start to see that best body plan for that sport. He or she looks like X or Y, whatever it is.

Of course, there is more to it than just body plan, but your frame does help you.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
He or she looks like ...

He/she is transgenderphobic jingoist rhetoric. You are a bigot.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It's really a no-win situation for MP now. Too bad.

He carries the flag he gets booed. The muslim 2nd place female carries the flag and she's getting booed, too, I think.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: ketsuko
He or she looks like ...

He/she is transgenderphobic jingoist rhetoric. You are a bigot.

Speaking as a white with the longer legs and shorter torso body plan that let me compete in track at a high level ... yep, I'm pretty darn bigoted to have looked around and noticed that A) I was a built like everyone else and that B) most everyone else was of a different ethnicity than me.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I really fail to see what liberals have to do with this. Liberals should love Phelps too with his open inter-gender girlfriend he had a while back.

See how asinine it was to bring up phelps' girlfriend? just as asinine to somehow bring this back to liberals.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32
I really fail to see what liberals have to do with this. Liberals should love Phelps too with his open inter-gender girlfriend he had a while back.

See how asinine it was to bring up phelps' girlfriend? just as asinine to somehow bring this back to liberals.

Here's the thing - you have one of the most decorated Olympians in recent memory on your team and coming back to hopefully become even more decorated, and someone of the more PC persuasion makes the automatic PC assumption ... that somehow, a fencer who checks off more PC-approved status boxes than he does in her precious person, but who has not yet won any golds (or silvers or bronzes) is somehow a better representative to carry the flag.

Why even go there?

Because this dip went there. Now if they were both really decorated US Olympians ... then I can see the case. But at a sporting event you want to be represented by your best, your best athlete, not your best representation of PC status inclusion.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I agree. Phelps should and could have been the only one to carry our flag. Doesn't mean its another opportunity for those on ATS to lump "liberals" in the ats trash.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Hey she worked hard in the Olympics to become a black muslim female?

Oh wait 2 of those things you did nothing to accomplish and the other you were either born into or decided to become , because you liked a believe system.

Besides that what did she do to deserve that honor over Phelps in the OLYMPICS?

This is a perfect example of Politically UNCorrect.

edit on 54831America/ChicagoWed, 10 Aug 2016 08:54:47 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

I agree. Phelps should and could have been the only one to carry our flag. Doesn't mean its another opportunity for those on ATS to lump "liberals" in the ats trash.

All right ... let's put it this way:

What are the odds that someone on the right would care enough that she was specifically a black female Muslim to think that alone qualified her to carry the flag over Phelps?

As someone on the right, I am happy for her that she has the talent to make it to the Olympics, I wish her the best, and I am glad she lives in a country where her gender is no bar to her chance to do this like it would be if she lived in some countries (Saudi Arabia perhaps ...)
edit on 10-8-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Someone should clue that person in that it's about the athletes representing their COUNTRY and not the athletes representing their race/sex/religion/social-economic status.

The fact that they even bring it up is moronic.

Did he win 21 gold medals BECAUSE he was rich tall and white?

Or did he win 21 gold because he worked his ass off?

He should have lit the torch too in my opinion.

edit on 10-8-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

I'd say "Hey CNN host I wasn't even aware anyone whos opinion actually mattered still watched CNN, no offense but your description of Phelps makes you an even bigger moron." Also stop being a whiny little liberal biotch. These people bash an honest hard working persons achievements evrytime so they can feel a tiny bit better about themselves, the lowest form of life in my opinion.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: More words.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: even more words.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Do these liberals know how racist they sound when they speak?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Hey she worked hard in the Olympics to become a black muslim female?

Oh wait 2 of those things you did nothing to accomplish and the other you were either born into or decided to become , because you liked a believe system.

Besides that what did she do to deserve that honor over Phelps in the OLYMPICS?

Exactly

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   
She should've been content with a stoner carrying the flag. That's the real story here... and a good one might I add.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
More racism against whites on MSM.

Disgusting.

Some don't want equality, they want payback and special treatment.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

"Stoners" (users of cannabis) are the effectively the most oppressed social group in America; in it's history. PC's should be worshiping them (i.e. washing their feet in scented oils)!
edit on 10-8-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Shouldn't something like CNN dude criticizing Phelps for having a white body be tantamount to "Body Shaming"????

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   

This dude's comment is the epitome of participation-trophy thinking--sure, why should the guy who holds that many Olympic records carry the flag for the team? Why not hand the flag to someone just because of what they look like, or believe, or what parts they were born with.

Accomplishment means nothing to people like this Mr. Bell fella. Hell, Muhammad didn't even medal in the individual event, and now must rely on (and, I guess, contribute to) the points accumulated by the U.S. team in order to earn a medal. Phelps has already medaled in team and individual competition.

Muhammad hasn't earned the honor to carry the flag for the U.S. team, and Mr. Bell hasn't earned the respect of very many people after a commentary like this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join