It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay! This is a pretty cool site and I guess I'm a member now.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've been reading posts here for a couple of days. There's a lot of material. And I mean a LOT.

Is there maybe some place I should start? Should I just jump right in with the new stuff?

I see a lot of opinions on things and some real brilliance in what people write. Is it normal for people to just start participating in active discussions?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Cigarettes

I would recommend clicking on the New and Recent sections at the top of the page to see what's being talked about.

Then go to the Forums section, pick one you're interested in, and start filling your brain with confusion and contradiction.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Participate all you'd like.

Take everything with a grain of salt.

Verify your information before you post.

Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yes to 'just participating' but if you're interested in any topic in particular, the archives go way back. That's where I spend most of my time.

Use the 'magnifying glass' shaped thing, upper right hand corner, to search by topic or name.

I'm sure there's some bleary-eyed guy in Langley reading everything here, going way back, as a full time job.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

When I was new to the site, I would go to the Forums tab and search through the different subjects. I'd pick a subject that interested me and start scrolling through the threads.

Now I just go to Recent to see whatever the latest is and go from there.

Welcome, by the way.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The best place to start, is by clicking the magnifying glass in the top right corner under the toolbar. Type in ANYTHING that is of interest to you, and be ready to receive an information overload. Welcome!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Alright!

I think I've got some of it figured out. I can see how the stars work now too. Somebody forgot them in Introductions.

Thanks everyone. I've gotta go to bed. See you tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Welcome.

Like everyone said, the archives go way back, have fun with it.

Feel free to add an avatar, it's easier for members to recognize you that way. Maybe your favorite pack of smokes

If you need help check out the freshmans forum

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-8-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
wohoo, fresh meat!!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
some people create some of the most amazing threads on here.

I would look for ones with a lot of comments that are not political posts.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Welcome aboard! Check out skunkworks and the gray area. In my opinion they don't get enough credit for their brilliance!
edit on 9-8-2016 by ValentineWiggin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

There's a good way to find the best threads after all these years.

For example if you're interested in Ancient & Lost Civilizations, you could simply click the 'forums' tab on the top bar, then scroll down to find the Ancient & Lost Civ. forum and click it. Once it's loaded you can then hit the little flag button underneath where it says "ancient & lost civilizations" and it will order the topics by the most flagged (therefore the ones that had the most interest). There's some real gems lying around, try it out on a few different forums to find a hell of a lot of the good stuff.

Oh, and welcome!

Edit: I should probably note that most of these won't be active, but they're worth a read when you've got nothing else to do.
edit on 9/8/2016 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Welcome. ATS is exactly like high school. There are popular posters here that can type one word and get like 50 stars. You have the followers who give the popular posters stars. Then you have those cool posters that say the mostly get slept on.

Oh and expect this from every thread you create. Almost all the time, your first responder will be sarcastic, then after that, you will get a real conversation going.

You will do great.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BelowLowAnnouncement
I should probably note that most of these won't be active, but they're worth a read when you've got nothing else to do.

Thanks. I tried and tried to make a reply to one of those and even tried to write a private note to an author. Couldn't.

I guess I'm on some sort of restriction as a newbie. ha ha

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   
One piece of advice...
It becomes very easy as a new member to fall "Too far down the rabbit hole" in the beginning. You will log in and experience hours of 'missing time". You will begin most conversations with " You won't believe what I read on ATS!"
You may even experience an overwhelmed sensation once you see behind the curtain. Please, please...Step away, go outside and take a walk, read something else, have a conversation that is not conspiracy related. Definitely take it all in with a grain of salt, AND a spoonful of sugar.
Welcome to the madhouse.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Yes! When I joined I was pretty sure within a matter of days Elenin would kill me. Look at me now! Still here

new topics

top topics

join