It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monday Deadliest Day in Chicago Since 2003

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The Headline really says it all.. While everyone (mainly media) is stuck worrying about the "he said/she said" battle between Trump/Clinton,we have actual legitimate problems that continue to go on in this country. Sadly, Chicago had its deadliest day in over 13 years, with 19 people being shot and 9 of them being fatal. Back in 2003, there was a day when 10 people were fatally shot.. I suppose the crime/murder/shootings/gang violence we see now in Chicago is just accepted behavior..

Sadly, I don't see things getting better for Chicago either.. If the Govt. doesn't care, the area has zero chance for change. I hope I'm wrong, but the data shows that things are continuously getting worse

Monday saw the most Chicago homicides in a single day in more than a decade, the Chicago Tribune reports. Nineteen people were shot in the city on Monday, 9 of them fatally, the paper reported, stating that it was the most homicides in a single day since July 5, 2003, with 10 homicides. Among the 19 shot Monday was 10-year-old Tavon Tanner.
Authorities say Tavon was with his mother and aunt around 10:15 p.m. Monday outside their home in the 3900 block of West Polk in the city’s Garfield Park neighborhood when at least five gunshots rang out, and he was struck in the lower back.

Source
edit on 9-8-2016 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Ok, let's take a vote...

Yay or nay: give everyone 48 hours to grab their # and get out of town so we can drop a couple Daisy Cutters in there and start from scratch...

Given, some ignorant thugs are gonna be re-located throughout the country, but just consider it our Refugee Crisis.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

Ok, let's take a vote...

Yay or nay: give everyone 48 hours to grab their # and get out of town so we can drop a couple Daisy Cutters in there and start from scratch...

Given, some ignorant thugs are gonna be re-located throughout the country, but just consider it our Refugee Crisis.

I'm down with anything just about now... Like just the other day I saw pictures of Obama on the golf course with NBA star Steph Curry... Of course that's more important than the country that's literally crumbling before his watch... aye aye aye!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Can't, no Daisy Cutters left

edit on -050009pm8kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It really isn't just Chicago but lower class predominately black communities in major urban areas all over the country. The murder rate is just the hard data of the complete and utter collapse of the black community culturally at the hands of liberal progressive policies over the past 50 years.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
It really isn't just Chicago but lower class predominately black communities in major urban areas all over the country. The murder rate is just the hard data of the complete and utter collapse of the black community culturally at the hands of liberal progressive policies over the past 50 years.

How dare you state clear facts!!!!.... Maybe the regressive left will have a walk with some boards and the big planner in the current war on division can come up with a solution.. But the silence is deafening!!!!.....

Its like a war zone..
chicago.suntimes.com...

RA
edit on 9-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Fine!

Someone do a google search and u2u me the directions to make one, I'm off all week.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
The Headline really says it all.. While everyone (mainly media) is stuck worrying about the "he said/she said" battle between Trump/Clinton,we have actual legitimate problems that continue to go on in this country. Sadly, Chicago had its deadliest day in over 13 years, with 19 people being shot and 9 of them being fatal. Back in 2003, there was a day when 10 people were fatally shot.. I suppose the crime/murder/shootings/gang violence we see now in Chicago is just accepted behavior..

Sadly, I don't see things getting better for Chicago either.. If the Govt. doesn't care, the area has zero chance for change. I hope I'm wrong, but the data shows that things are continuously getting worse

Monday saw the most Chicago homicides in a single day in more than a decade, the Chicago Tribune reports. Nineteen people were shot in the city on Monday, 9 of them fatally, the paper reported, stating that it was the most homicides in a single day since July 5, 2003, with 10 homicides. Among the 19 shot Monday was 10-year-old Tavon Tanner.
Authorities say Tavon was with his mother and aunt around 10:15 p.m. Monday outside their home in the 3900 block of West Polk in the city’s Garfield Park neighborhood when at least five gunshots rang out, and he was struck in the lower back.

Source

Government can't solve the problem. The answer can only come from within the black community. The problem is the black community has been infected with this victimization mentality. It is pushed by the bojangling and buck dancing black leadership. Most of whom are nothing but lap dogs for white liberals. The long con is that these leaders get to enrich themselves while corralling the black vote for liberals.

It is sad.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

There are probably a few folks in Chicago that have one or two hidden somewhere...

On topic - I don't know what the answer is. Something drastic no doubt as nothing seems to phase the violence there at all. I feel for those who are innocent and stuck there and can't afford to escape to a better place. If it were just scum killing scum the problem would eventually solve itself. Unfortunately... it seems innocents are harmed/killed frequently in between.

Maybe it's time to let the good guys be able to protect themselves equally AND lawfully there?

edit on 8/9/2016 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
A town near me has had this problem as well. Just yesterday the families of some victims were complaining to the district attorney about lack of prosecutions in these cases. The police can't ever find witnesses to the shootings!! No wonder the killer is never found.

They have no one to blame but themselves.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Source

Black lives do not matter in Chicago...everyone knows that...geez...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Wait a minute.

The article states that the deadliest day for Chicago was in 2003.

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Clinton's Federal Assault Weapons ban not expire until September 13, 2004?

If so, how could the deadliest day in Chicago have happened in 2003 during the ban?

Are you telling me criminals don't follow laws?

Well damn, I guess assault weapon bans don't work after all.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Source

Black lives do not matter in Chicago...everyone knows that...geez...

I concur with that statement, they only matter when a agenda needs to be served.. So it is almost like someone is using the Black community is it not??.. Has that not happened before in history?..

RA

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   
So they had all these killings in one day . . . in Chicago?

But...but ... Chicago should be the safest place in America right? I mean it does have the toughest gun laws.

Oh that's right . . . criminals don't follow the law.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Wasnt barry elected to the senate to represent those people?

With him as prez you would think barry would do more to help his constituants. Obama is loyal to noone.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   
imagine if all these killings were just one sick f serial killer...
Or maybe a group..
I think it could also be something satanic / occult going on here... like there's a bunch of demonic entities feeding off the blood and fear...I honestly didn't belie in such things until I learned that in africa commonplace

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
We dont have DAISY cutters anymore we have MOABS. or FAB's. ANyway. just another day in chicago.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
August 28, 2016

After Presidential candidate Donald Trump elevated the senseless murder of NBA (Chicago Bulls) player Dwyane Wade's cousin to the top of local news, the Chicago police put in the effort, and captured her murderers today.. Less than 3 days after Nykea Aldridge was caught in a cross-fire, while pushing her baby along the street in a stroller.

Story: www.usatoday.com...
edit on 8/28/2016 by carewemust because: see above

new topics

top topics

join