It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professors who ban guns will be punished, UT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Almost Forgot My Source

Faculty members are aware that state law provides that guns can be carried on campus, and that the president has not made a rule excluding them from classrooms," attorneys representing the University of Texas at Austin and Attorney General Ken Paxton wrote in a legal brief filed Monday. "As a result, any individual professor who attempts to establish such prohibition is subject to discipline.

Freak like this comes after you in a gun free classroom

You're probably coming out on a stretcher in pieces.

The folks with a little common sense in Texas decided to do something about that. Now the liberal professors are grouping up to shout it down. I hope the student body is taking pictures and recording names ... 'cause those professors have got to go. Send 'em into the California University system where they belong. Let 'em go teach at the University of Hawaii. No one says they have to teach school in Texas.

The first three?

The warning was meant as a clear message to UT professors Mia Carter, Jennifer Glass and Lisa Moore, who sued the university and state in federal court last month to temporarily block the implementation of campus carry.

I hope they're made examples of real soon. So much for all the talk about free speech zones. You gonna tell someone with a gun what his rights are? LOL

And, yep, not one person has been shot ... and they've been carrying for a week now.

edit on 982016 by Snarl because: Added source

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
good.

These people need to stay where they are welcome if they cant respect the wishes of the comunity where they go to teach. Its a big country. Move it along.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It is always thus when special snowflakes decide they can do whatever they want in spite of laws to the contrary.

I don't need to know any special laws, the 2nd Amendment is quite clear!

Shall not be infringed!

These Professors seem to think that they are above the law.

They should not be teaching, obviously they cannot leave their personal crap at home and that is required of many professions.

P

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is understated the amount of influence teachers own. They spend more time with our kids than we have ... after working our butts off all day.

Parents need to wake up to this and start shouting back at the professors and the people who are paying their salaries. Go after 'em. It's your God given right!!

And don't even get me going over the fact that school districts are the entities forever increasing our damned tax rates.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
On the first day of legal Campus Carry of a concealed handgun in Texas, me and my Beretta Cheetah celebrated by going for a cruise around the U.T. campus. Surprisingly, the Cheetah stayed put in its holster and didn't shoot anyone or anything! Wowzers!!!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Damn Asians with hammer... God I hate Asians with hammers...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

It's sad that the three who sued the university are women, too--my wife would be wholly disappointed in their stupidity, and would most likely agree that they make the "fairer sex" look scared and weak.

top topics

join