It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VOTE ON THE DEBATE CHALLENGE: jarrod v IronDragon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Review the debate: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please choose with side you believe best represented their case. Remember, in a debate, it is not so important as to what you believe to be true, but which person presented the more skillful and engaging debate.

[Edited on 20-6-2003 by William]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I had been following this pretty much since it began....IronDragon

I think Jarrod was a little 'timid' but his currently 'hottest' topic ay have had something to do with it.
Well done though.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
irrespective of my views on the notions of NWO, Illuminati and such.

most definitely irondrgaon

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
well he did debate well gotta give that to him

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jarrod
PLease close the debate

It seemed to start out well, but jarrod lost credibility with the above statement. Sounds like you raised the white flag, you could have handled that a bit better.

I still voted for IronDragon though based on the content of the debate.

[Edited on 20-6-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Jarrod is new and I feel that with time he will make a great member but I voted for him because I am a victim of Hurricane Andrew.

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Toltec:

A question related to your position related to Hurricane Andrew:

How well (or not) do you think FEMA handled the situation?

posted on Jun, 19 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toltec
I voted for him because I am a victim of Hurricane Andrew.

So you technically didnt vote for jarrod's debate, he just happened to be supporting the same view as you.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 12:56 AM
link   
hmmn...

I'm surprised Jarrod is getting the numbers he is...

Well, I look forward to, what I hope will be, a case based approach to UFOs on his part (based upon what he said in his "this site is a joke" thread)...

...But, I also hope that he will be open to first-hand data people claim to have on this site. It's wrong, as Jarrod would say (I imagine), to base your opinions on internet speculation alone... but it's also wrong to ignore statements people make that don't agree with your beliefs/ideology... so, if someone says that they've seen 'reptilians' or 'greys/grays'...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
har har

Jarrod lost some points when he wanted to end it rather quickly...

aw well.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
at least it was a semi-valiant attempt by J-Dog

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
At first it appeared to be a rather close run thing,which must of surprised many.However,the manner in which Jarrod terminated the debate leaves me with absolutely no alternative but to vote for Iron Dragon.
To be frank I'm surprised Jarrod has received so many votes when he showed he was unable to finish the job he had started.
Jarrod refered to one link thus.

"According to abovetopsecret.com it says this"

I am unaware that abovetopsecret.com has any position on any subject.It's only purpose is to allow varied discussion.It was Jarrod's failure to understand this that necessitated this debate in the first place.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
My vorte goes to Iron Dragon Jarrod thread "this site is a big joke " told what a ...........Jarrod is Iron Dragon seems more confident when posting (unlike myself!)

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I am unaware that abovetopsecret.com has any position on any subject.It's only purpose is to allow varied discussion.It was Jarrod's failure to understand this that necessitated this debate in the first place.

Bing! Bing! Bing! Hit the nail right on the head with that one... I think that J did a much better job than anticipated from the initial thread, but in the end, I think ID presented his case better... Good job on both sides...

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
IronDragon was a far better debater.He got his point across,and was well written and thought out.ID came out blazing and jarrod surrendered.
Jarrod did do a little better than I thought he would.

posted on Jun, 20 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
jarrod is nestled in the warm embrace of trusting the controllers. he cannot see beyond this.
there was no contest. jarrod ignored the larger patterns. the dragon sees.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My reasons are such:

First, this was engineered as a newbie roast by dragonrider. It was designed to humble jarrod and perhaps it could scarred him enough so that he would not return. Having Dragonrider, an established member lose to some newbie who slandered all that we hold sacred was just not an option.

I think that the debate was rushed into by some who were not thinking through to the consequences of such a debate. All of the ideas and decisions happened in the span of a few hours, without any thought as to what really should have been done.

Jarrod was mocked, needled and ostraciszed for his statements, which while sophomoric, could have given us a good chance to discuss what he thought was wrong with them. Instead we through him into the ring with possibly the best and most aggresive debater at ATS, our champion if you will. They were to debate a single topic which did not cover much of jarrods problems with the quality of evidence on the main page.

Jarrod will be charecterized by this debate in his future at ATS, and if he enters into a discussion with someone, they are likely to bring this up and say "look, your ideas were proved wrong here, everything you say is false and I think that you are a numbskull, nyah nyah."

I commend jarrod for having a bit more solidity, but a bit less experience than freemason when this idea was brought up. Freemason knew to turn away in a case like this, jarrod hadn't been here long enough to know the danger.

Plus... I haven't read most of the debate

XAOS

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
There wasn't much in it in my opinion and Jarrod put up a damn good fight.

The only thing that really swayed me was where he passed the buck in his first post. It was kind of like he wanted to see what the opposition had got. I reckon if he had just written a few lines to size up his opponent he could have done better, but by giving the floor over to Dragon he put himself on the back foot.

Still, an admirable debate. It's a great pity that both can't win.

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   

First, this was engineered as a newbie roast by dragonrider. It was designed to humble jarrod and perhaps it could scarred him enough so that he would not return. Having Dragonrider, an established member lose to some newbie who slandered all that we hold sacred was just not an option.

Now wait just a sec here... I agree that Dragonrider did a more thorough job in the debate, but a newbie roast? That would imply that Jarrod had no choice in the matter... yet in his very first post, he stated:

The whole website is full of misinformation and i am willing to disprove most things.

and

You give me a topic and i will attempt to disprove it.

Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

He said he was WILLING to disprove most things, and even challeneged us to come up with a topic so he could attempt to disprove it. I don't think it was a newbie roast, since Jarrod challenged the entire community.

What should have been done differently, in your opinion? Should a debate have happened?

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just because he was open to it means that it was the right thing. He had never before been to the message board of ATS, he only based his judgement on the main page. I think we should have just let him be, and ignored him, or pointed out better places for him to express his opinion, rather than showing hostility, threatening him and telling him to leave. Come on people we should welcome and educate the ignorant, not ostracize them.

XAOS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join