It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US election: Anger over Donald Trump gun rights remarks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

If we ask nicely, would the Queen take us back?

Looking like that? Never!!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
a reply to: rockintitz
Considering he is running for President you'd think he would be a little more careful with his words with the current gun climate in the US.

Current gun climate? You mean fabricated fear?

I don't think the problem is his choice of words, it's a comprehension problem the left seems to have.
edit on 9-8-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Swills

I don't think any American anywhere calls anyone a limey.

That is all.

I was called one when I visited your country in 2005. I was sat in a hotel bar with my family, when a very drunk marine came up to us and told us in no uncertain terms that Limeys were not welcome.

So, I have to disagree with that, sorry.

But nice way to attempt a de-rail.

Maybe he thought you were New Zealand and was too drunk and thought he called you a kiwi lol. That was my first thought. I have never heard of Limey either.

Ha ha, if only. I was rather concerned for my family's safety to be honest, but his brother in arms, led him away.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

" I understood what he meant right away. "

Of course you Did , so Did I . The People Represent the Real Power in this Country , Given to Them by the Constitution and the Bill of Rights . We are Also THE LAW , and do have a Right to Enforce it Ourselves , even if Some that we Freely Elect to Public Office Fail to Carry Out According to the Oath they take .

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Okay, so let's imagine for a second that this latest faux pas just cost Trump the election.

What's America going to do about Hilary then? She is a corrupt war monger and as bad in the polarised opposite way of Trump.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

That is all.

I was called one when I visited your country in 2005. I was sat in a hotel bar with my family, when a very drunk marine came up to us and told us in no uncertain terms that Limeys were not welcome.

Maybe he thought you were New Zealand and was too drunk and thought he called you a kiwi lol. That was my first thought. I have never heard of Limey either.

Ha ha, if only. I was rather concerned for my family's safety to be honest, but his brother in arms, led him away.

I can see that not leaving a good impression. I am a little anti-american but I can tell you that the American people are all right. Give em another chance. They grow on you like violent gun-toting fungus.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Alas, for my country, and others, that is all too likely the case...

What's really unfortunate, is we'll get to listen to 'em complain when Trump screws the pooch, or Clinton does the same.

Are we really expecting anything different from what we've been getting for the entirety of my life (50+ years) with those two who shall not be mentioned?

Oh, well... We'll survive whoever it is. ...and who knows, maybe between now and November, there will be an "awakening" (I hate using that phrase/wording...) by the prollys, and we'll actually try something, at least sort of, different. At this point I'm not sure the Communist Party of America, or whatever they're calling themselves now, wouldn't be better. They, at least, are honest enough to say what they intend...

But, as you say, odds are very good that either he, or she, shall be our next President.

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'

Lewis Carroll-the Jabberwock

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

That is all.

I can see that not leaving a good impression. I am a little anti-american but I can tell you that the American people are all right. Give em another chance. They grow on you like violent gun-toting fungus.

I'm not anti-American, far from it. I made an awful lot of new friends. Southern hospitality is everything people say it is.

All I am saying is that "Limey" is a well used word, even if some yanks deny it.

We're called "Poms" by our antipodean cousins, "Limeys" by our American cousins. I'm sure it's meant in endearing terms for the most part.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Limey dates, I think, from when the royal navy gave out lime juice to its sailors to combat scurvy. If I recall the history, they were among the first to do so. Hence the name.

I think.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

What's a limey?

And this is just another example of people twisting things and putting words in Trump's mouth. They will use any excuse to slander him.

He did not in any way encourage violence.

He said that "second amendment people" could do something about it. In other words, don't vote for Hillary.

Sheesh. I think the special snowflakes out there are more abundant than I ever realized.

A limey is a British navy sailor and US navy sailors don't mean it in a derogatory way.
it dates back to the days of sail and how the British navy gave out daily limes to there sailors to prevent scurvy a disorder caused by a lack of Vit C.

I was watching his speech and agree He said that "second amendment people" could do something about it. In other words, don't vote for Hillary.
The anti republican media will distort anything to help the democrats.

The other day Hillary during one of her speeches and made a Freudian slip and accidentally revealed the truth of what she was really thinking and said she was going to raise taxes on the middle class and only FOX reported it.

The democrats later tried to hid her slip by putting out a transcript of Clinton's speech stated that she said "we aren't going to raise taxes on the middle class."
www.snopes.com...

www.informationliberation.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Limey dates, I think, from when the royal navy gave out lime juice to its sailors to combat scurvy. If I recall the history, they were among the first to do so. Hence the name.

I think.

Yes indeed, the great British Navy were one of the first to recognise the disease.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I agree with you. I am not familiar with the term 'Godamn Limey', though.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I agree with you. I am not familiar with the term 'Godamn Limey', though.

Maybe I was unlucky enough to be exposed to such language and actions.

I think we have established that "Limey" isn't necessarily a word used when us Brits are discussed amongst our U.S cousins.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I just looked it up. First thought it meant Irish (limey sounding green). But it means all Brits and first sailors, I see.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What's a limey?

And this is just another example of people twisting things and putting words in Trump's mouth. They will use any excuse to slander him.

He did not in any way encourage violence.

He said that "second amendment people" could do something about it. In other words, don't vote for Hillary.

Sheesh. I think the special snowflakes out there are more abundant than I ever realized.

Trump has always encouraged violence. He is videotaped doing so countless times. I have not seen either candidate 'comi ng for guns' though. Just like Obama never did.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Natasha Richardson?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I think.

lack of vitamin C on long voyages.

They brought limes with them. The juice would have spoiled long before they needed it.

No one I know uses it as a pejorative anymore since like 1812.

Hell, it turned into an endearment. Especially from military.

The left has to grasp and make up anything to try and take Trump down.

edit on 8 9 2016 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

There is already a thread regarding this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join