It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US election: Anger over Donald Trump gun rights remarks

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Okay, so I'm what most Americans will call a "Godamn Limey", but what I have heard tonight from Trump and what I have heard from people opposing him makes me really fear for the U.S and to some extent exposes what being part of the administration really means.

First off, Trump made a very silly comment regarding gun control, but what I heard in a conversation with an Establishment type which was broadcast, rather exposes "Them" for what they are.

He said, "Trump is not changeable", thereby declaring "We can't change him".

But Trump is frightening the living day lights out of some people and frightening people is all about control.

America, I do not envy of you this task by at all, but you are going to have to vote Trump or Shillary.

A man, who to be honest has the balls to say things as they are, then talking complete bollocks the next. Or a Woman who is stark raving bonkers, with a massive hole in her tongue, if some pics are to be believed.

Good luck my Cousins, you are most definitely going to need it.

www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 9/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I don't think any American anywhere calls anyone a limey.

That is all.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

That is all.

I was called one when I visited your country in 2005. I was sat in a hotel bar with my family, when a very drunk marine came up to us and told us in no uncertain terms that Limeys were not welcome.

So, I have to disagree with that, sorry.

But nice way to attempt a de-rail.
edit on 9/8/16 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I understood what he meant right away.

But of course, liberals will jump all over anything he said, context or not.

It's pretty funny to watch.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

What's a limey?

And this is just another example of people twisting things and putting words in Trump's mouth. They will use any excuse to slander him.

He did not in any way encourage violence.

He said that "second amendment people" could do something about it. In other words, don't vote for Hillary.

Sheesh. I think the special snowflakes out there are more abundant than I ever realized.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
trump's cult followers never see anything wrong with any of Mr trump's statements. this one will be no different.

no one voting this presidential season will be voting because of political policies, rather on just which fear tactics are more effective.

Trump knows he must put a performance every time he opens his mouth, that is his shtick.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There is already a thread regarding this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thanks, cousin. We're stocking up on ammo ... and ready to tough it out!! I've got a couple of extra guns if you wanna be on my side in this fight.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Considering he is running for President you'd think he would be a little more careful with his words with the current gun climate in the US.

I've never heard anyone say "Goddamn Limey" either, and my ancestors are from Yorkshire.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

No, I don't have to vote for either of them. ...and I have no intention of doing so.

Gary Johnson. Odds are he won't win, but then I seldom vote because I think some party should win.

Personally, were I still a democrat, I'd not be any longer given the choices my former fellow dems have made over the past few Presidential cycles, and mid-terms, too, for that matter...

...and before someone takes me to task for being a republican, I'd disavow them, too, for the choices being made.

Rather than the best possible candidates being put forward, they choose name recognition over substance/ideas. Thus, we get the same ol', same ol'.

...and people really need to stop with the "Trump is different" stuff. No, he isn't. It's the same ol' tired ass warmed over nationalism we've seen for the past almost a century.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Hmmmm, marine you say? Perhaps, since military are often well traveled but don't mistake a joke for derailment.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I love this.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
- The Declaration Of Independence July 4, 1776.

A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
- 2nd Amendment

Before people try it, know that "Well Regulated" does not mean what you think it means. It means the militia should have the right equipment to perform its duties. Your military has a regulation uniform and equipment. And this is a two parter.

the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

All Trump meant is that The People could exercise their right, their duty, to throw off a government willing to infringe upon rights, not that we "gun nuts" could assassinate her.

This is a non-story to garner sympathy for HILLARY, put forward by the Clinton MSM and CTR.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Aug 9 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

If we ask nicely, would the Queen take us back?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

What's a limey?

And this is just another example of people twisting things and putting words in Trump's mouth. They will use any excuse to slander him.

He did not in any way encourage violence.

He said that "second amendment people" could do something about it. In other words, don't vote for Hillary.

Sheesh. I think the special snowflakes out there are more abundant than I ever realized.

I always thought Goddamn Limey was language form the second world war to describe us Brits. We used 'Bloody Yanks' apparently in reciprocation. Must be a term of endearment.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No, I don't have to vote for either of them. ...and I have no intention of doing so.

Gary Johnson. Odds are he won't win, but then I seldom vote because I think some party should win.

Personally, were I still a democrat, I'd not be any longer given the choices my former fellow dems have made over the past few Presidential cycles, and mid-terms, too, for that matter...

...and before someone takes me to task for being a republican, I'd disavow them, too, for the choices being made.

Rather than the best possible candidates being put forward, they choose name recognition over substance/ideas. Thus, we get the same ol', same ol'.

...and people really need to stop with the "Trump is different" stuff. No, he isn't. It's the same ol' tired ass warmed over nationalism we've seen for the past almost a century.

You have expressed the point most eloquently as usual.

You do not have to vote for either and you won't. But the majority will vote for one or the other, sadly.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

originally posted by: Swills

That is all.

I was called one when I visited your country in 2005. I was sat in a hotel bar with my family, when a very drunk marine came up to us and told us in no uncertain terms that Limeys were not welcome.

So, I have to disagree with that, sorry.

But nice way to attempt a de-rail.

Maybe he thought you were New Zealand and was too drunk and thought he called you a kiwi lol. That was my first thought. I have never heard of Limey either.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
This election was earned. People voting for Trump got him where he's at. There's dispute in this country--and it's not just him. For Hillary's sake, I think she's a better candidate than him. But probably 60% of the country would agree with me, since Trump doesn't hide it. What I don't understand is why Hillary spends time on Trump when if all she did was spend time on real issues it'd be a landslide win. Everytime she uses his name she's losing a couple voters. He's so easy to beat she could ignore him. If she doesn't realize this, she's lowenig herself to his level and that's how she'll lose voters. And this isn't good for Trump either, since they'll probabloy vote independent or write another name.
edit on 8/9/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
There is already a thread regarding this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Sorry, I should have checked. My laziness. Mods please.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Thanks, cousin. We're stocking up on ammo ... and ready to tough it out!! I've got a couple of extra guns if you wanna be on my side in this fight.

Give me a shout when the time is ripe.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Only if you're ready to pay back taxes!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join