It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Trump advocate Clinton assassination?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:
(post by BO XIAN removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Annee

No, we're pretty god da** clear on exactly what it means.

The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right of the people to keep and bear arms

Not true.

It is not clear exactly what the 2nd means or was meant for.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stinkelbaum

...no.

your lack of logic is what's unhinged here...

which isn't necessarily your fault, because, like you say, you're in Great Britain. I'm in the U.S.--and I think that you're buying the media hype b.s.

'gun nuts'
--please realize that, although I personally would never want to shoot or own a firearm, I am glad that other Americans do carry in order to protect themselves and others from the growing threat of either foreign or domestic terrorism. Our ethics aren't your ethics, so you cannot judge our ethics about guns based upon your own logic. To do so would be faulty reasoning, to put it mildly.

PLUS--the biggest point I have against this is the fact of WHY THE FLYING FLAPJACKS DO YOU EVEN CARE? You're not voting, you have no say, and while you're entitled to your own opinions don't you think you'd be better off thinking about the vast amounts of problems your OWN COUNTRY has?? Want me to make a thread that gets all into your politics? Wouldn't you, in my shoes, feel the same way that I do???

The point being, you're wrong.
edit on 9-8-2016 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: DJW001

And the implied response to that?

Given that he was just speaking about his 11 supreme court justices just prior to this statement, I imagine "do the right thing" means vote for Trump. What do you speculate he implied?

Isn't it disturbing that a 12 second clip taken out of context got twisted in to this thread ?

Just goes to show.

Intelligence can't be taught.

The amount of your stars proves that.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
a reply to: Annee

Nonsense.

Read the founders on the topic at the time.

Even George Washington's quote alone gives plenty of evidence . . . that a Federal government that would take guns from its citizens is not to be trusted.

THAT is the meaning.

Everything else is oligarchy sponsored gun-confiscation driven agenda blather.

link   
Its tough to say on this one to me. I think its one of those things where I'd say 50% of people initially hearing it would say "did he really just say that" thinking he may have been advocating that. Judging from the videos of reactions of the audience more than 1 person in there certainly noticed it and thought that. The tone and way he said it leaves it open to interpretation for sure.

I think its just another way of him doing what he does. I think he's an expert speaking and manipulator..He knows what to do get people talking/cheering/etc. I think the prospect of either of those two as President are terrifying. I think you do have to excersize some level of caution when making statements like that, because just because the majority of people are good and lawbiding, a nut may take those words and attempt to act on them.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

One of us must be ill. I agreed with that post.

link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

The actual condition I call it 'terminal madness of the end times'
edit on 9-8-2016 by khnum because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN

However, there will come a tipping point. I pray it is NOT of the oligarchy's choosing but that it catches them near totally by surprise with very large unanticipated results.

This is exactly what Trump was referring to - and he wasn't talking about lobbying/voting (and neither are you).

"There's nothing you can do folks. Well, the second amendment people, maybe there is...."

link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: gps777

a reply to: kaylaluv

Posters are leaving off the last sentence. Read the last sentence.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

And here I was thinking the Second Amendment was a right and for the specific purpose of overthrowing a tyrannical Government that attempts to strip its citizens of their rights.

No one really knows 100% what the 2nd amendment means or was meant for.

The founding fathers wrote the second amendment because King George denied weapons to the colonials.

The second clearly spelled out the RIGHT of the states to have militias, and the RIGHT for the people to KEEP and bear arms.

So, the 2nd says if you're military you can keep your arms with you for defense, like they do in Switzerland?

Back to topic.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

ding, ding!

(post by BO XIAN removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

a reply to: kaylaluv

Posters are leaving off the last sentence. Read the last sentence.

“By the way, if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do folks,” he then added.

“Though the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know.”

And here I was thinking the Second Amendment was a right and for the specific purpose of overthrowing a tyrannical Government that attempts to strip its citizens of their rights.

No one really knows 100% what the 2nd amendment means or was meant for.

The founding fathers wrote the second amendment because King George denied weapons to the colonials.

The second clearly spelled out the RIGHT of the states to have militias, and the RIGHT for the people to KEEP and bear arms.

So, the 2nd says if you're military you can keep your arms with you for defense, like they do in Switzerland?

Back to topic.

No.

The military didn't exist.

The MILITIA did.

Amendment II A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

A well regulated militia,

First part separated by a comma.

Being necessary to the security of a FREE state.

the right of the people to keep and bear arms

Second part.

TWO entirely separate but EQUAL things.

The right of the STATES.

The RIGHT of the people.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

By FEDERALISTS.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

The actual condition I call it 'terminal madness of the end times'

yup

Gin

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sweet zombie Jesus on a pogo stick, the mental gymnastic over those 10+ seconds of his speech been taken to a new league yet again.... people deserve potatoe medals for the awful never-ending spinning of words.

If I said, "if you don't lock your door, robbers may do something about it" it's not a threat that I am going to get robbers to rob you. It's an observation that this would be the logical conclusion of not locking your door. Likewise, if you take away the second amendment, there will be a revolt. Not a threat just an observation of what will happen.

Trump is suggesting what any good American would: if the president elects biased judges to allow their laws to take hold in America, the people have a right to invoke the second amendment and to rise up. He's saying those will be the American people's only options left once Hillary becomes president.

And do people here seriously question what second amendment is for? The Battle of Athens should be a good example of how second amendment was used rightfully in combating tyranny!
edit on 9-8-2016 by Gin because: typo

edit on 9-8-2016 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
I don't understand us either. I guess they have to persecute us more for us to go all George Washington on Washington. (irony?) We don't have the brass our forefathers carried. Shame isn't it?

However... I don't think much of the civilized world does since the people always seem to disagree with their government.

Hmm... This makes me think that to be "Civilized" means to just give in. Maybe we're too pre-occupied with life and our gadgets. Maybe we just value our own lives more and don't want to die for a cause because we simply don't want to die at all. That just seems like we all believe our lives are worth more than the problems we deal with on a daily basis while it's only the uncivilized people that argue their governments and lop off heads... those dogs!

Yeah... We're pretty messed up as human beings. Especially when patriotism only means to wave a flag now days.

A major reason is that they have long employed

the DIVIDE AND CONQUER strategy to an extreme.

It's working very well for them.

Out West . . . many local towns did well (or horribly) because the major folks in charge created a lot of unity around either biblical values or corrupt tyrannical values.

Folks didn't dare go against that powerful unity from the leaders down to the grass roots because it was too hazardous to do so.

link   
a reply to: neo96

Off topic.

Start a separate thread.

link   
I just saw Trump’s statement and it appears to me he meant to suggest 2nd amendment people could do some harm to Hillary and he made an aside that seemed to make the suggestion...
Maybe I'm biased but look at the statement and you’ll see it for yourself.

edit on 9-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Given that he was just speaking about his 11 supreme court justices just prior to this statement, I imagine "do the right thing" means vote for Trump. What do you speculate he implied?

You have a vivid imagination. Now, please explain whether you think Trump advocates letting lawyers decide the Second Amendment, or whether he wants to energize his supporters to fight for their rights?

link   
No, he doesn't.

Next?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join