It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson 1st place among young voters.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

IBD poll: Gary Johnson rises to 1st place with young voters.

With more than a full week since the two major parties had their conventions, the biggest post-convention bump is going to Libertarian Gary Johnson.

According to the latest IBD/TIPP poll, Johnson is polling at 12 percent overall, while both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump have fallen below 40 percent.

Johnson wins 35 percent of voters under age 25, Clinton wins just 30 percent, Jill Stein wins 14 percent, and Trump wins 12 percent.

This is the second consecutive poll where Johnson has seen a huge bump with millennials, while Trump has fallen to last place.

Slow and steady wins the race!

Win or lose, this is the year we break the 2-Party stranglehold on our nation.

I am confident that Johnson will get 5% of the vote which means next election, the Libertarian Party will get matching funds and a national stage.

If you are a Trump supporter in a Blue state, PLEASE vote Johnson since Trump will not get the electoral votes regardless.

Same applies to Hillary supporters in Red states. Trump will get the electoral votes so theres no point in voting for Hillary.

But a vote for Johnson will in-fact further the cause of liberty.

edit on 9-8-2016 by gladtobehere because: title

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
While I am pleased to see young voters leaning libertarian.... I am not pleased with Gary Johnson's stance on the TPP.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Legalised weed is popular with the bong crowd.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

North his stance on open boarders.

Deal breaker for me.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   
18-24 year-olds is a pretty narrow demographic. Not sure it means much. Jill Stein beats Trump and Clinton among that age group, too. The numbers drop drastically in the older age groups.

Poll

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
While I am pleased to see young voters leaning libertarian.... I am not pleased with Gary Johnson's stance on the TPP.

And open borders.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
18-24 year-olds is a pretty narrow demographic. Not sure it means much. Jill Stein beats Trump and Clinton among that age group, too. The numbers drop drastically in the older age groups.

Poll

True. I am not 18-24, yet I matched with Jill Stein more on platform. I am not a libertarian, Johnson's platform is just not me. I like the idea of a 3rd party getting matching funds in 2020, but I am not going to vote Johnson to get it.

edit on 9-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wait ... I thought the young voters were the new thing and the wave that was going to sweep all us old fogey conservatives out of everything forever and now that they're voting for Johnson, they don't matter anymore?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: butcherguy

North his stance on open boarders.

Deal breaker for me.

I agree!! I was firmly in his corner and hopeful until I watched the town hall. He used to believe in borders but I think his running mate is old school globalist that pulled him. He sounded totally different than previous campaigns.

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's true in such small numbers, almost comparable to older demographs. What is noticeably different numbers wise is millennials for the first time are more knowledgeable of the issues this election than their parents. Remember, these are the two most disliked candidates in recent history, so don't down sell a group by saying it's just to legalize weed.

Just because your mad Hillary is only slightly hated less in the polls than Trump and her true support base is nothing compared to her predecessors.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Legalized weed is pretty popular with a lot of crowds, even those that would never use it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The condescension from the establishment is a principal reason people are unenamored with both Republicans and Democrats.

I do not smoke marijuana but I could not give two s***s if someone else wanted to.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Most people aged 18-24 are barely smart enough to wipe their own butt let alone have a working understanding of politics. The opinions of children matter very little. If I had my way voting would be prohibited until aged 30 or a college degree, which ever comes first.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Wait ... I thought the young voters were the new thing and the wave that was going to sweep all us old fogey conservatives out of everything forever and now that they're voting for Johnson, they don't matter anymore?

Whoever the millenials and genX and GenY vote, will win. I am Gen X. My daughter is Gen Y. Millenials are somewhere in between, by looking at several graphs.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: gladtobehere

Most people aged 18-24 are barely smart enough to wipe their own butt let alone have a working understanding of politics. The opinions of children matter very little. If I had my way voting would be prohibited until aged 30 or a college degree, which ever comes first.

Yeah because we're in such a good position from the politics of our parents. Give me a break. Some millinials are no that bright I'll give you that but don't tell me we don't look at the current situation with great concern. Only difference between me and you is I have more time on earth that my generation will have to attempt to clean up this mess. It all started going South in the seventies.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: sycomix

Oh and also, young solders shouldn't be able to vote because what do they know about their country? And also they have older citizen assistants to wipe their butts. Glad you could share your wisdom with us, can't wait for time to pass so one day I'll understand.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Yep. The devil is in the details. It's not all about marijuana or "do whatever you want".

From the Libertarian Party platform

"Economic freedom demands the unrestricted movement of human as well as financial capital across national borders"

Hey, young people, are you wanting a decent income? Well, compete for less.

Also, "...phase out the current government-sponsored Social Security system and transition to a private voluntary system"

Well, you're probably already relying on no plan or a 401K. But that's ok, because, heck, you can't imagine growing old. Retire? You'll never retire. Can't imagine being disabled? keep dreaming, because that's all you'll get when disabled. Don't plan on having a disabled child; you know, one who might need SS/care.

You weren't even born when the 1980 Libertarian Party rolled out it's agenda. Read what Bernie says about the Koch Libertarian plan

Yep, you'll have all the drugs you want, but you'll need them as your quality of life decreases.
edit on 9-8-2016 by desert because: grammer and bold

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Poll

It means the older American's get the dumber they get. There can only be one culprit. The media we consume.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree the 70s were a nail in the coffin. Damned hippies.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Yes MSM has played a vital role in the systemic dumbing down of the average American .

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join