It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey want to BAN drinking your morning coffee while in your car!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: StargateSG7

Unless you have a Tesla self drive the driver of a vehicle should only be thinking about driving , not drinking coffee , eating breakfast or reading the morning paper.
Drink coffee before or after the journey not during , if not for your own safety then for the others you share the road with.

It's a commonsense move.

I agree. More common sense moves to ensure drivers are no distracted:

All passenger seats shall be completely sealed off from the driver's compartment so as to avoid passengers distracting the driver. Think limo partitions but more extreme. Can't have people being distracted. Think of the children.

No more using GPS. Either looking at a GPS screen or using up massive amounts of brain power to pay attention to voice commands is a dangerous distraction to drivers.

Ban all manual cars. Automatic transmissions only. People don't need to be distracted by changing gears when they should be paying attention to the road. No to mention the massive brainpower and physical exertion required to work the clutch.

Ban all billboards. Billboards are specifically meant to distract drivers with advertisements.

Ban any stereo systems in cars. Nobody needs to be listening to music while driving. It's not only a distraction, but certain tempos and types of music influence drivers. We don't need people driving too fast because they are listening to heavy metal or acting aggressive because of listening to rap. Emo music might make people suicidal and cause them to intentionally crash their cars into groups of children.

Sensors need to be installed in people's hands to ensure at least one hand is on the wheel at all times.

Eye sensors need to be placed in all cars and if you are looking anywhere other than the road in front of you, your mirrors, or your blind spots, a signal is sent to the police station and you receive a ticket in the mail like when you run a red light camera.

Only after all these measures are put into place can we finally feel safe on the roads.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

We just say (hold on to my beer and watch this) ........
a sorry Coffe

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
To avoid breaking the sarcasm of my previous post, we already have laws for reckless driving. If an officer sees your vehicle being operated in a dangerous maner they can and will pull you over and punish you. All additional laws about restrictions while driving are nothing but control measures and profit generation for the state.

If you are capable of doing whatever and still keeping the vehicle under control you are not being a danger to anybody.

How about we start demanding that people over the age of 60 pass a drivers test once a year after that point? I have seen a LOT of dangerous driving on the road, the vast majority of it was perpetrated by old people, not a guy drinking a cup of coffee on his way to work. Elderly people driving is terrifying, but I guess they earned their right to endanger other people's lives by living so long? Not really seeing the logic.
edit on 9-8-2016 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Good Luck with that . Now i gotta have my Coffee taken from me by the Cops while out on the Road ? What's Next , My Donuts ? Geez........

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Good Luck with that . Now i gotta have my Coffee taken from me by the Cops while out on the Road ? What's Next , My Donuts ? Geez........

===

I think we will put our money where
our mouth is.....let's see what's coming
from certian PAC's starting from today......

Let's just say some very negative
media stories will be showing up.......

edit on 2016/8/9 by StargateSG7 because: sp

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Frankly, 50%+ of people with drivers licenses should not have them.

I'd be a proponent of much stricter and much tougher testing to get a license. I'd also be a fan of if you're caught using your phone at all, in any capacity when driving or engaging in any stupid behavior, like eating a salad during rush hour traffic, to have your license revoked for years at a time. First offense.

Clean up the roads!

So I'm not suggesting laws to "make people responsible" but rather, much, MUCH tougher results for engaging in stupid behavior. Then they can be just as irresponsible when riding their bikes to work.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The thing to remember is that they came of the guns first.......and now the coffee and soft drinks!

edit on 9-8-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Or just ban women.

Much simpler and cost effective solution.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
a reply to: ketsuko

Frankly, 50%+ of people with drivers licenses should not have them.

I'd be a proponent of much stricter and much tougher testing to get a license. I'd also be a fan of if you're caught using your phone at all, in any capacity when driving or engaging in any stupid behavior, like eating a salad during rush hour traffic, to have your license revoked for years at a time. First offense.

Clean up the roads!

So I'm not suggesting laws to "make people responsible" but rather, much, MUCH tougher results for engaging in stupid behavior. Then they can be just as irresponsible when riding their bikes to work.

If you can eat a salad and still operate the vehicle effectively you aren't doing anything stupid. If you are unable to operate the vehicle effectively that will be far more obvious to a police officer observing you than the salad in your lap would be.

It's really very simple. If you are driving crazy you should be pulled over and investigated. If you are driving well you should be left alone.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Or just ban women.

Much simpler and cost effective solution.

Well, that would naturally make the roads safer just because you've removed about half of the drivers from the road.

In my experience men are more dangerous drivers because they choose to do things on the road that are dangerous, where as dangerous women drivers are dangerous because they just don't know what the hell they are doing. Not sure which side overall is more of a threat to public safety but I think leaving gender out of driving laws would be for the best.

For those of you too brainwashed by gender politics to actually understand what I'm saying, it's that both men and women divers are stupid, they are just stupid in different ways.
edit on 9-8-2016 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Exactly.

If someone is eating while driving and crosses into another lane, they can already be pulled over for failing to maintain designated lane.

There is absolutely no need to create more traffic laws...

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:40 AM
link   

I agree with them, and I break this would be law left and right. Drinking in the car, eating in the car, phone in the car. It's all bad. When you're driving you should be driving, not consuming mass quantities.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I rember when I was learning to drive....a loooong time ago in the early 80's....eating food while driving was the big problem in the media....then slowly in the early 90's it change to smoking being the big distraction while driving....then cell phones took the lime light....and now coffee ? ....personally cell phones really are an issue and although some states ban them or texting while driving, it's not working.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

That's stupid. Seriously stupid.

Cops show up to accidents after they happen. There's nowhere near enough to patrol in force to prevent all these idiots from putting everyone else's lives at risk.

Does no one any good when a cop shows up AFTER you've been blindsided by some idiot on his phone, or eating a sandwich, or playing with his dog in his lap while driving.

99.9% of all the idiotic moves I've seen on the road by dumbass drivers....happened with cops nowhere to be seen. When you pull yourself out of your make-believe utopia and come to reality, you'll realize that.

We need far stricter laws regarding driving safety so more won't engage in the stupid crap whether cops are around or not. Less people drink and drive because they know it'll cost them thousands, a police record and make transportation tougher for a few years.
edit on 10-8-2016 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

a reply to: TorqueyThePig

That's stupid. Seriously stupid.

Cops show up to accidents after they happen. There's nowhere near enough to patrol in force to prevent all these idiots from putting everyone else's lives at risk.

Does no one any good when a cop shows up AFTER you've been blindsided by some idiot on his phone, or eating a sandwich, or playing with his dog in his lap while driving.

99.9% of all the idiotic moves I've seen on the road by dumbass drivers....happened with cops nowhere to be seen. When you pull yourself out of your make-believe utopia and come to reality, you'll realize that.

We need far stricter laws regarding driving safety so more won't engage in the stupid crap whether cops are around or not. Less people drink and drive because they know it'll cost them thousands, a police record and make transportation tougher for a few years.

Sooo... how is this law going to be enforced if the cops are never around to see it? Citizen arrests for coffee drinking or burger eating?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Wish I lived in a country without New Jersey in it.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I actually found out the other day that it is illegal to eat/drink behind the wheel here in Australia. Apparently. I don't know a single person who pays attention to that law, nor even knows it exists.....including myself.

I drink coffee on my way to work in the mornings and I guarantee there would be a lot more road rage or sleepy/sloppy driving in my case if the cops here actually enforced that law.

However, I do see the common sense behind it. I'm actually torn on this law to be honest.

edit on 10/8/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfitagreed! I can't go anywhere in the morning without my wawa coffee!! It has a lid, I'm never distracted, as I have a cup holder also. THEY WILL NOT TAKE MY MORNING COFFEE AWAY!!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! I drink it at red lights or when I'm stopped anyway. This crap is getting so out of hand!!! I can't eat while I'm driving or anything else. But I CAN handle my coffee, been so for years, with 0 accidents, thank you very much!!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Me too

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: j.r.c.b.
a reply to: Zanti Misfitagreed! I can't go anywhere in the morning without my wawa coffee!! It has a lid, I'm never distracted, as I have a cup holder also. THEY WILL NOT TAKE MY MORNING COFFEE AWAY!!!! NOT GONNA HAPPEN!! I drink it at red lights or when I'm stopped anyway. This crap is getting so out of hand!!! I can't eat while I'm driving or anything else. But I CAN handle my coffee, been so for years, with 0 accidents, thank you very much!!

Don't Worry!!!!

We just going to ignore this law anyways
and New Jersey can STUFF IT !!!!!

No one will listen to this law and morning coffee
in the car will go on as usual!!!! And if it goes too
far we'll put our money where our mouth is and
ENSURE those legislators get FIRED from their jobs
then we will REPEAL that legislation and a whole
lot of other ones too!!!

MONEY TALKS !!!!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>