It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Jersey want to BAN drinking your morning coffee while in your car!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Cant believe I am saying this but glad I live down here where turn signals are a rare sight even when switching lanes in front of a cop. And speed limit haha just a suggestion anymore. No thanks I will take my chances ,NJ you can keep your crazy laws I have no need or ever will to ever travel to or through your state.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9You really do have it easy in the US. I'm in the UK and a couple of years ago I was caught doing 35mph in a 30mph limit and I had to go on a speed awareness course and they actually had a list of song that they said MADE people drive faster and erratically. The top song was Bat Out Of Hell. So if you are driving in the UK and are stopped by the police turn the radio off as it can be another nail in your coffin.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: KawRider9
I'm in the UK and a couple of years ago I was caught doing 35mph in a 30mph limit and I had to go on a speed awareness course...

That seems rather much considering the speed. I have gotten off from a ticket going much, much faster than that.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: StargateSG7
This is ONE TIME where The 2nd Amendment
NEEDS TO BE EXERCISED TO SHOW THESE DUMB
LIBTARD NEW JERSEY TURDS WE ARE NOT
KIDDING AROUND ANYMORE !!!!

What is this 'we' stuff, you live in Canada.

We don't want that making its way north....that's going to kill drive through restaurants....and why are vehicles equipped with coffee holders if we're not supposed to use them?
People that cannot drink a coffee and drive, clearly need more practice. It's not something that takes your eyes off the road, or diminishes concentration. ☕️

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
We don't want that making its way north....that's going to kill drive through restaurants....and why are vehicles equipped with coffee holders if we're not supposed to use them?

Well, in that case, hook up with the Original Poster and exercise your Second Amendment rights to fight this horrid injustice which is most likely not going to make it through my state's legislature.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Speeding here is 10% +1.

So in a 30mph zone, 34mph is spending
70mph zone, 78mph is speeding.

Better than the 55mph highways there lol. You lot take a lot longer to get places than we do.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: StargateSG7

I don't suppose you looked up the proposed law or anything... www.njleg.state.nj.us...

2. (New section) a. An operator of a moving motor vehicle shall not engage in any activity unrelated to the actual operation of a motor vehicle in a manner that interferes with the safe operation of the vehicle on a public road or highway.

So, let me get this straight. You think people should be able to engage in activities in a manner that interferes with the safe operation of the vehicle? So... should they be allowed to apply makeup, read a book, style their hair, etc... ?

Damn you, Obama Hillary!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Sorry Canadian guy, this is not your concern despite what the overuse of exclamation points may say.

Sorry ... But is IS my concern!

Was a soon-to-be Nuclear armed
Germany in 1945 any of your concern?

Was Cuba 1963 any of your concern?

Was Saddam Hussein in Kuwait 1990/1991 any of your concern!

It was YES then and it's a YES NOW !!!!!

What happens in America Today happens in
Canada Tomorrow so damn heck it's my concern.
And with access to connected and monied people,
I can make sure certain PAC's (Political Action Committees)
get the public word out so that the people KNOW they
are getting their freedoms taken away from them AND
that they need to ensure that the Governor and other
state legislators within New Jersey NEVER get a vote
and/or get RECALLED by a newly-informed
Liberty-Loving electorate!

So again, this libturd Nanny State has GOT TO STOP !!!!!

Enough is Enough !!!!!!!

Liberty! Defend It or LOSE IT !!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Are you sure about that?

America drives in MPH.
Canada uses KPH.

But yeah, everything America does happens in Canada, eh?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicusNo, no it's quite regular here, though you can go to court (but as usual there in no defence) and they will fine you approx. $100 and 3 points on your licence(accumulate 12 points and it's an automatic ban). The speed awareness course is, surprise, surprise $100 but you get away with no points on your licence. Then they have the cheek to say it's not a money spinner. If you don't agree to everything on the course you are automatically thrown off and court proceeding taken up.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I don't suppose you looked up the proposed law or anything... www.njleg.state.nj.us...

2. (New section) a. An operator of a moving motor vehicle shall not engage in any activity unrelated to the actual operation of a motor vehicle in a manner that interferes with the safe operation of the vehicle on a public road or highway.

So, let me get this straight. You think people should be able to engage in activities in a manner that interferes with the safe operation of the vehicle? So... should they be allowed to apply makeup, read a book, style their hair, etc... ?

Damn you, Obama Hillary!

===

I can sip a cup of coffee in the morning
on my drive into work with NO problem
AND afterwards I can eat a Egg McMuffin
sandwich with one hand since I'm crawling
at less than 20 miles per hour on the freeway here!

Yeah reading anewspaper or texting isn't
a bright idea while driving BUT a Coffee Ban?

NO NO NO and QUADRUPLE NO !!!!

Enough !!!! STOP Stomping on MY and YOUR Liberties !!!!!!!

Throw them all out of office !!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Don’t worry--the governor Chris Christie with his appetite will NEVER let this become law.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I can sip a cup of coffee in the morning
on my drive into work with NO problem
AND afterwards I can eat a Egg McMuffin
sandwich with one hand since I'm crawling
at less than 20 miles per hour on the freeway here!

Great! If it doesn't "interfere with the safe operation of the vehicle", then you're fine!

There is no coffee ban. That's sensationalism in media. You should really learn about it. The proposed law doesn't mention eating or drinking or coffee... That's why you should look things up before you post about them.

Edit to Add: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 8/9/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: sprtpilot

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

But yea durp durp evil government.

"durp durp" ?? Are you like 80? Or just an 80 I.Q.?

ALL government has long since passed the point of being out of control, 100% corrupt, and making so many laws for so long, all that is left is direct regulation of every last lifes activity.

Durp Durp is a Canadian legislator from British Columbia.

just thought I'd clear that up.

link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

Are you sure about that?

America drives in MPH.
Canada uses KPH.

But yeah, everything America does happens in Canada, eh?

====

Yup! EVENTUALLY almost everything DOES happen in
Canada as has previously happened in the USA !!!
The legal system is NEARLY the same and we even
have a Constitution and a generic Bill of Rights
up here .... Again, the subject here is an OVER
BEARING and OVER-REACHING NANNY STATE
that MUST BE STOPPED AND ELIMINATED PERIOD !!!!!!

link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Damn you, Obama Hillary!

If the lady doing her makeup wants to then she will, just as gun laws dont keep people from using guns in an unsafe manner these laws wont either. Best we can do is inform people on dangers, be good role models for our kids and hope that future generations have more common sense than whats being put out of the mill currently.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Better than the 55mph highways there lol. You lot take a lot longer to get places than we do.

It is only 55 close to the City, elsewhere in New Jersey it is 65 and most State Troopers set their radar well above that. Trust me.

edit on 9-8-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: KawRider9
I'm in the UK and a couple of years ago I was caught doing 35mph in a 30mph limit and I had to go on a speed awareness course...

That seems rather much considering the speed. I have gotten off from a ticket going much, much faster than that.

You just flashed your boobs, though.

link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

I'm going to say, prepping and roasting a turducken while driving would be bad.

Drinking coffee is practically mandatory. I'm not sure my car would start in the morning if I didn't have a cup of coffee in my hand, because I've never tried it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Sorry ... But is IS my concern!

Was a soon-to-be Nuclear armed
Germany in 1945 any of your concern?

Was Cuba 1963 any of your concern?

Was Saddam Hussein in Kuwait 1990/1991 any of your concern!

Holy hyperbole Canada Man. The law is only being proposed by 3 state congress people and is not very well received. We already have some of the country's strictest distracted driving laws and this one does not seem like it will get passed.

Save your righteous indignation for something a little more important like taxes. You gonna give us a little love here in New Jersey over those? That is an actual issue.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join