It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illinois Community College Advances Racial Segregation Policies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   
In defiance of federal Title VI law which prohibits racial discrimination in all programs that receive federal funds, an Illinois community College is offering a class for blacks only. The course called, “College: Changes, Challenges, Choice” is nothing out of the ordinary. But, this school appears to be taking the US backwards in race relations, vs forward.

Margarent Lehner, the school’s vice president for institutional advancement, told Inside Higher Ed that the classes should be fine because separate but equal versions of the class are available for members of other races.

So, under these same pretenses, how about separate but equal water fountains or school buses? Or separate but equal schools entirely?

Public College Offers Blacks-Only Classes, Claims It’s Totally Okay

edit on 9-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Racism is a disgusting ideology, regardless who embraces it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No one could argue with this comment. It appears the norm these days is to counter past racism with racism. Have I fallen asleep and awoken in an insane alternate reality? Pinch me please.

edit on 9-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Funny how some segments of the population are actively trying to reintroduce segregation.

link   

Don't worry the college will get a spank for braking the laws, is always some that will push agendas trying to become activist but they usually fall flat on their butts when they forget that their positions are in the public eye.

link   

originally posted by: elouina

originally posted by: DBCowboy

No one could argue with this comment. It appears the norm these days is to counter past racism with racism. Have I fallen asleep and awoken in an insane alternate reality?

I'd like to know why race is more of an issue now than it was 10, 20 years ago.

We have had laws against discrimination on the books for quite some time now.

What's changed?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I don't think is going to last long,

Moraine Valley’s predicament is similar to a recent one at Michigan State University, where a longstanding women-only study lounge was shut down shortly after a college professor discovered it and argued that it was a violation of Title IX’s ban on sex discrimination

But then again when you have a nation where our judicial system has deteriorated in the last 8 years you can expect anything this days.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Welp, at least now none of those pesky rationalists will get in the way of the propaganda train at Illinois CC.
edit on 9-8-2016 by chronfucius because: Grammar

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

A thing called the internet.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bankaikiller

A thing called the internet.

Interesting, and a good point.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Obama is President. What do people expect ?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Has someone, other than a black student, been refused registration into this class?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Has someone, other than a black student, been refused registration into this class?

Has anyone tried? Basically these kids were told, if your skin isn't black, don't bother applying.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Since when has "being told" stopped any kid? All it takes is for someone to be rejected because of skin color, for this to go to court. I doubt the college will be that dumb. If a non-black registers, I'll bet dollars to donuts, they'll be allowed to attend.

Your article says that this college has done similar programs for Hispanics and veterns, and there doesn't appear to have been a lawsuit yet. Let's see what happens.
edit on 9-8-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   
So I imagine they also have a “College: Changes, Challenges, Choice” class for whites only as well?

Right?

Right!!!???

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: RobotBomb

No they do not, 2 classes are set aside for blacks only where as the remainder are open to all.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

It's only racist if you disagree with black only classes.

If you agree with it, you are enlightened

You know it's the over riding factor, disagree with a liberal, then you are a 'ism' or an 'ist'

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

8 years of a progressive president who doesn't care about this as long as whitey isn't doing it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Got to love "equality" and "diversity"!

edit on 9-8-2016 by RobotBomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Today, those groups who claim to be fighting "racism" and "sexism" are actively pushing for the implementation of racist and sexist policies nationwide.

Separate the men from the women, the blacks from the whites, the asian from the blacks, etc. etc. All in the name of "Social Progress" (which sounds like something a totalitarian would say)

Dark days folks. Dark days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join