It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Reminds Many of Pink Floyd Song

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
"In the flesh" could easily be trumps campaign song. It sums up most of the basic bigotries he's building his platform on.

I can't believe how many people actually think that he will be able to make any actual changes. He's a terrible human being, just like every other person who has ever wanted the kind of authority that he is aiming for. You can't trust ANY politicians, even if they are new to the game.
edit on 9-8-2016 by wheresthebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Even a fourth grader knows the floyd song is about a psychological wall, not a literal one.

How embarrassing for you.

Just using it as an interpretation. How embarassing for you that you can;t see that.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: reldra

I don't vote so... zzz.

Just had to defend against the affiliation with Trump and the wall by Floyd. Kind of disrespectful...

"Pink" hated the Establishment.

Trump is establishment, even if you can't see it. Trump would not have been anti-establishment in the way Syd saw it.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
"In the flesh" could easily be trumps campaign song. It sums up most of the basic bigotries he's building his platform on.

I can't believe how many people actually think that he will be able to make any actual changes. He's a terrible human being, just like every other person who has ever wanted the kind of authority that he is aiming for. You can't trust ANY politicians, even if they are new to the game.

Some are good. Though they are far and few between.

You are right in the one way of 'wanting it', for some. I gave an example on this site some time ago. A hypothetical.

The hypothitical was: You are offered the position of POTUS or Sarah Palin is and you could be her VP.

My answer was, I would be VP. Why? Sarah Palin is a vapid waste of space, but she has some more practical information on how government works. A t least I could be there to stop her from doing the most crazy things, hopefully.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

[quoteTrump is establishment, even if you can't see it.
He's a boyscout compared to the circles Hillary moves in.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

[quoteTrump is establishment, even if you can't see it
He's a boyscout compared to the circles Hillary moves in.

That is your opinion. People guess at the circles Hillary moves in. Trump is no lightweight in regard to big money, big mafia and big Russian connnections.
edit on 9-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

The mafia connections have been pretty well proven, it is how he built most of his buildings and was able to stay in Atlantic City.
edit on 9-8-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The hypothitical was: You are offered the position of POTUS or Sarah Palin is and you could be her VP.

Is neither an option?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

He worked with the mafia, you have to, they own the construction unions in the Big City.

The mob are choir boys compared to the Cabal that wages aggressive war on whole nations. A vote for Hillary is a vote for more of that status quo.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: sycomix

I have been to 2 Trump, no trouble makers there except for the idiots screaming at us and protesting. The Trump supporters kept to ourselves and did our best to listen to the man speak. Kinda of the point of a rally, we don't go making a mess at clinton rallys.

It's plainly obvious it's the Hillary supporters going into disrupt the show causing the trouble, the blind won't see that though.
They see trump supporters as fighting other trump supporters, it's what they want to see

I see trump suporters attacking protesters. Not Trump supporters attacking Trump supporters.

But why are there other supporters there causing trouble, it's staged to get a reaction from the public, like yours

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This should change from mud-pit to fearmongering united... jeebus.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Instead of watching the video itself, I found myself after a bit listening to the song while scrolling through people's posts. Supporters on both sides, so entrenched. So utterly convinced their side is going to solve our problems, or at least deliver us from catastrophe in the short term. I see no heroic candidates on either side. Only increasingly entrenched division... that both will no doubt insist the other fomented, not theirs.

This election has made me despair of the hope of any possible unity in the future more than any other, not to mention hope of any candidate I didn't either fear, or at least feel I couldn't in good conscience support.

A wall is being built regardless of who wins ... but between US, human beings, more than one nation state and another. I can only pray it will not always be so. In the mean time... "The wall" indeed. And it's growing.

Peace.
edit on 8/10/2016 by AceWombat04 because: Typo, punctuation

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Oh I see...only you are special - you get to make the rules as you go along - apply "dystopian" only to Trump; never mind that Bill Clinton is an ex-president and his wife is running for the highest office in the US and they're still embezzling - who cares right?

You're right it's not dystopian its business as usual.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Clinton and Trump, just like the rest of the political buffoons are simply eye candy for the masses.

Fact is the democratic process or even the notion of such has been dead for sometime.

Corporations and big business rule this world and its pretty much been that way since the times of our industrial revolution, probably long before even then.

Monies talks, and the rest of us simply do the walk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join