It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Census Tuesday 9 08 2016 - Not tonight -

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
9.20 pm and still waiting for the inaugural "online" Census to accept my valuable statistics!

So it appears that the system has crashed!.

Well...lets try to ring the hotline...nope...no luck...no automated call back...just this message

"Please call back later..."

A quick google and it appears the robust systems of ABS can't cope -

www.huffingtonpost.com.au...

Head of the 2016 Census Program Duncan Young told The Huffington Post Australia on Monday the website developers were prepared for an onslaught of Australians logging on, and a website crash would be unlikely.

"onslaught!!!"

at 8.31 am it was stated emphatically that...

www.news.com.au... f2

More than 15 million people are expected to flood the Census site over the course of Tuesday to complete their forms and fears have been raised the great snapshot of 2016 might be end up being the great digital failure of 2016. Not possible, Australian Bureau of Statistics’ Census boss Chris Libreri told news.com.au. He said the system had passed testing with flying colours, so was unlikely to repeat the much-hyped failure of the 2012 Click Frenzy “sale that stops a nation” that only sent servers into meltdown. “We have load tested it at 150 per cent of the number of people we think are going to be on it on Tuesday for eight hours straight and it didn’t look like flinching,” he said.

Tested it ...really?

further...

The ABS said people would have until late September to complete the census and would not be finedif they did not do it tonight.

Really...how kind of you...how much of taxpayers money was spent testing it? Who tested the testers?
edit on 9-8-2016 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: etc

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Like this?
You'll love online voting!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Why didn't everyone receive a paper form?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Meh, I did my Census online the day I got my paperwork, didn't bother waiting for last night. I already knew who exactly would be in my household.

So, no stress and internetty angries for me!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Every year, they try to make the people do more and more of the census work.

This is a big fail in more ways than one.

Their system crashed because it could not take the load of millions of people trying to get on during one night. The crash was predictable.

I will try again ... maybe!

It is the next day and ... still down.

It is now going to be a case of people trying to remember who was where on one particular night. That is OK for families with small children, but when you have older children who often spend the night elsewhere ....

The problem is ... the retards in the public service will still have jobs tomorrow.

If we stuffed up this badly, we would have fines coming out of our butts.

P

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

So much for accuracy and "painting a snapshot of the country" for our planners to make for an efficient government blah blah

top topics

join