It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Senator: Susan Collins "'I will not be voting for Donald Trump"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd
With both sides distancing themselves from Trump, I'm starting to think Trump is really going to put the hurt locker down when it comes to special interests. Corporations are pressuring politicians to distance themselves from Donald because they already paid for a Hillary presidency. That sounds most logical to me. I've been watching politics since I was little and Donald doesn't say anything worse than politicians in the past. Looks like Donald's immigration plan will hurt all their pockets.

Well Trump tossed all that not being in the pockets of big corporations awhile ago. He has a new set of Wall Street donors/advisers. The people he attacked he is now courting for donors.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can we just start a Not voting for Trump thread? Then you guys can stop creating one EVERY time someone says
"I'm not voting for Trump". I mean do we really need a thread for each one???

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
And the trend continues with Senator Susan Collins Republican of Maine in office since 1997 coming out against Trump GOPSenator: "'I will not be voting for Donald Trump"

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president," she wrote in a Washington Post op-ed published Monday night. "This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country."

Her reason?

"I am also deeply concerned that Mr. Trump's lack of self-restraint and his barrage of ill-informed comments would make an already perilous world even more so,"

Now with 50 GOP security experts coming out against Trump this seems minor in comparison.

However. again I must ask where were these people when Trump was polling at least in the game? Where were their morals then? At least Cruz had the mustard to this when Trump was at his height. Now the mass desertions seem more like rats fleeing a sinking ship then they do people standing up and being brave.

Well she was not the first and she will be far from the last of Republicans not wanting to be painted with Trump brush.

Another establishment RINO not supporting Trump... One who never supported him to begin with. She's one of the many reasons Trump is so popular...

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

And the trend continues with Senator Susan Collins Republican of Maine in office since 1997 coming out against Trump GOPSenator: "'I will not be voting for Donald Trump"

I will not be voting for Donald Trump for president," she wrote in a Washington Post op-ed published Monday night. "This is not a decision I make lightly, for I am a lifelong Republican. But Donald Trump does not reflect historical Republican values nor the inclusive approach to governing that is critical to healing the divisions in our country."

Her reason?

"I am also deeply concerned that Mr. Trump's lack of self-restraint and his barrage of ill-informed comments would make an already perilous world even more so,"

Now with 50 GOP security experts coming out against Trump this seems minor in comparison.

However. again I must ask where were these people when Trump was polling at least in the game? Where were their morals then? At least Cruz had the mustard to this when Trump was at his height. Now the mass desertions seem more like rats fleeing a sinking ship then they do people standing up and being brave.

Well she was not the first and she will be far from the last of Republicans not wanting to be painted with Trump brush.

Another establishment RINO not supporting Trump... One who never supported him to begin with. She's one of the many reasons Trump is so popular...

Popularity doesn't always translate into votes. And even votes doesn't always win elections. 2000 as evidence where Gore won the popular vote but Bush became the president.

imo Trump has some ground to make up. His poll numbers don't look to good even on Fox the GOP mouthpiece.

insider.foxnews.com...

Something is drastically wrong in the Trump Campaign offices and they need to get their **** together. Cory looks like a deer caught in the headlights!!
edit on 9-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MrSpad

Ah yes.. Susan Collins. Another "old guard" Republican. Probably a Jeb Bush lover, and spineless when it came to dealing with President Obama. She can vote Clinton, if that makes her sleep better at night.

At any rate, Susan is just one of millions of voters. A lot of people will NOT be voting for Trump. A lot of people WILL be voting for Trump. Does Susan Collin's "feelings" really make a difference to her constituents, you think?

How many of you U.S. ATS voters are influenced by how your local Senator or Congress person votes?

It is more the opposite. She does not want to be tainted by Trump and voted out of office. How her constituents are voting is effecting her vote. People seem confused. These defections are not to hurt Trump, they are people saving their own butts not wanting to get taken down with Trump.

In the process of "saving her own butt" she just roasted it. The same people that voted her in are the same ones that are sick of people like her because she was elected by these now Trump supporters to do exactly what she said she'd do but refuses to do.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

I still say Trump is losing the race deliberately.

I don't think a guy with an ego as big as his, with such a severe clinical case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder can lose anything on purpose. I think it only appears that way because his mental illness precludes him from being normal. He needs tight scripting and probably anti-psychotics just to remain in the race.
edit on 9-8-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:25 PM
link   

So the establishment is against Trump.

And that's supposed to be a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

originally posted by: Willtell

I still say Trump is losing the race deliberately.

I don't think a guy with an ego as big as his, with such a severe clinical case of Narcissistic Personality Disorder can lose anything on purpose. I think it only appears that way because his mental illness precludes him from being normal. He needs tight scripting and probably anti-psychotics just to remain in the race.

I wouldn't be to sure. After all Trump is a member of SAG/AFTRA the actors union and even gets a pension.

www.hollywoodreporter.com...

If it's an act....it's a good one!!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

They never want to talk about the democrats that have moved right over all of the scandals and corruption going on in their party... Jim Webb was telling us 8 months ago that he'd vote for Trump over Clinton.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: LSU0408

Her reason?

Popularity doesn't always translate into votes. And even votes doesn't always win elections. 2000 as evidence where Gore won the popular vote but Bush became the president.

imo Trump has some ground to make up. His poll numbers don't look to good even on Fox the GOP mouthpiece.

insider.foxnews.com...

Something is drastically wrong in the Trump Campaign offices and they need to get their **** together. Cory looks like a deer caught in the headlights!!

No it doesn't, but it elects the Congressmen in each state.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So the establishment is against Trump.

And that's supposed to be a bad thing?

It is if you want to win elections. Trump to the neocon corporate oligarchy is a light weight. He's minor league trying to break into the majors. You don't insult your team if you want to play which is exactly what Donald did. Not smart....

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The current "teams" need new management. They haven't broken the 50 yard line in decades.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Another tread about Trump and another thread filled with Trump supporters sticking there fingers in their ears saying " LA LA LA I can not hear you". Trump supports seem to existing in another reality at this point.

Trump WILL NOT WIN.

edit on 9-8-2016 by defiythelie because: Forgot a word.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: defiythelie
Another tread about Trump and another thread filled with Trump supporters sticking there fingers in their ears saying " LA LA LA I can not hear you". Trump supports seem to existing in another reality at this point.

Trump WILL NOT WIN.

Thanks for the top secret info that only you and a few other anti-Trump people know... I'll be sure to vote for Hillary then.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

The current "teams" need new management. They haven't broken the 50 yard line in decades.

I see what you mean but the GOP is satisfied to be stuck in the role of perpetual loser. palin McCain, Romney and now Trump.

face it without women and minorities he's right at home with the GOP. Demographics....

I sent an email to the Trump campaign with a consultant application....they sent back a form letter asking for money.

edit on 9-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I sent an email to the Trump campaign with a consultant application....they sent back a form letter asking for money.

I sent the Clinton campaign naked pictures of me.

They stopped with the fund-raising letters.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Can we just start a Not voting for Trump thread? Then you guys can stop creating one EVERY time someone says
"I'm not voting for Trump". I mean do we really need a thread for each one???

How else do we keep up with the Hillary for prison or Hillary is dying or Hillary will kill us all threads

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I sent the Clinton campaign naked pictures of me.

They stopped with the fund-raising letters.

No wonder if this is the one you sent...good show!!!

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   

My perspective from outwith the USA is that those 50 Republican security experts are a collection of some of the most dangerous and worst human beings on this planet. The Trump campaign should wave their rejection with triumph because it gives Trump complete separation from all of the deranged and violent policies that were enacted during the previous Republican presidential administrations.

I know that the Donald has said as much, but they really should create an advert with the faces of some of these monsters like Michael Chertoff who has all of the appeal of Dracula and hammer home the point that Trump has nothing in common with those who gave the USA the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan as well as the deaths and maiming of U.S. military members in the pursuit of illegitimate wars.

As for Susan Collins, she has know painted herself with the same brush as the 50 Republican intelligence controllers, and she should be considered along with the company she keeps.
edit on 9/8/2016 by Kapriti because: correcting a word

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join