It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do Females Feel The Need To Do This ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So almost anytime I meet a woman either professionally or causally, within the first three sentences they feel the need to somehow work into the conversation that they have a boyfriend or a husband, are they being hit on so frequently by men that they feel compelled to do this ???

Personally I would never ever even ask for womans number or if she was available the first time I meet them.

I just find it odd.
Any other guys having this issue.

If you are a woman that does this, why do you do it ?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It's a preemptive move ... It's meant to spare the guy hurt feelings or embarrassment. Let him know you aren't available romantically right off the bat.

My husband tells me I'm really good at this particular social move.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I will do this, on occasion, if I sense a sexual tension or ambiguity from the guy. It takes any question mark out of the situation and we can just get on with our business or whatever. I dunno, I don't do it every time, usually just when the guy seems leery/looky or otherwise sizing me up in that regard.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I've been told that women get "hit-on" quite a bit more than men realize.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
In the past, I simply would take it as a challenge. I would pretend I did not hear it, not even discuss it, and just keep laying on the charm. Sometimes they cheat, and sometimes they don't. Other times they just made it up i would discover.

Women get hit on ALL the time. But I suspect they would only bring it up in an introduction if the male counterpart is being too obvious with his intent.

So like many other things women say, I just assume they are lying and pretend I did not hear it. Although in my experience, this is rarely brought up in a casual introduction or meeting. Usually only when my intent became clear.

Either way, it would never bother me.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

I feel sorry for women is the retail service trades I always hear guys trying for them, it's sad really.
The cashier at Home Depot doesn't want to date a smelly contractor twice her age, yet they keep trying, it's really embarrassing to observe.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

It is, but it works. I have a buddy who is shameless in that regard. His motto is "if 8 out of 10 you fail, that's still two dates!"

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
I will do this, on occasion, if I sense a sexual tension or ambiguity from the guy. It takes any question mark out of the situation and we can just get on with our business or whatever. I dunno, I don't do it every time, usually just when the guy seems leery/looky or otherwise sizing me up in that regard.

Interesting answer, I must be giving off the wrong vibe then, as I have no intent, really not my style.
At the same time an attractive woman is like a rainbow or a beautiful sunset, you can't not look with admiration.
I think a woman feels that vibe, they have very strong intuition in this regard.

edit on 8-8-2016 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

yea but you know, such is the nature of us men. The smart ladies use that to their advantage though to get the guys to spend more. When I use to work at Wal-Mart I would utilize my pretty female coworkers if I felt I wasn't driving it home good enough. Be like "excuse me one moment sir, perhaps you would like a second opinion? Allow me to bring you a more professional and knowledgeable tech". Those skeptic eyes would suddenly light up with passion and intrigue, you see him suck in that gut some and straighten out their shoulders. I loved it. When I saw that I knew the sale was certain so long as I coached her right. Bat the eyes a little bit, bend down to pick up a pen or paper she just dropped.

Walk away to another customer though while smiling and doin the walk, yall know the walk. Now he is busting the card out while imaging all the possibilities. I don't even think sometimes they even remember what they are buying in that moment she would walk away. Pretty women are an absolute asset in a retail setting, just realy need to understand how to utilize that sex appeal.

I think every woman in the western world is hit on or attempted to be flirted with by a man at the very least once a day when they go out in public, and I am certain that is a conservative estimate. Hell I see it all the time when a lady is simply trying to buy food at a burger joint.

I have seen these guys try to pick up a lady that come up their drive thru window from inside when I am ordering. Im thinking DUDE, you got a job to do right now!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I've been told that women get "hit-on" quite a bit more than men realize.

Yep there are a lot of guys out there on the make, and will take advantage of innocent small-talk with a woman, or confuse it with interest in them or whatever. Like JetBlackStare said, I will do this when I feel uncomfortable. And if I've had a string of these, I tend to get preemptive about it.

That said, I'm a real people person. I love talking to people and I don't throw the husband-card around unnecessarily if at all possible because it can weird up an innocent chitchat real fast, lol.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
The worst I saw was I guy double the girls age hitting on her, and she was like, "dude I have a boyfriend, and you are married with kids" And he was like "so what".

What a beast, some men are mongrel dogs that give the whole gender a bad rep.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I do it sometimes and I'm not a girl.
did it in the past I mean.

I respect hearing it.
No time wasted.

What I don't respect is the eternal tease.
You're not getting my attention, except as a friend.
I recently told a tease to back off.
Maybe she was really interested, but shes teasing in front of another guy she's sleeping with.
No Way. So disrespectful to me and him and yourself.

If you want me,
and I want you,
things will happen.
Simple.

except you must be beautiful inside, and single.

edit on 8-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Honestly that response is used when I feel that a man may be interested. I'm married. Look right there !!! Second sentence. Lol
You may come off as flirtatious I don't know. I have found generally that most men will say not me or who me when responding to that charge. They think they're being friendly and that's true. Sometimes there's just a something that makes a girl feel a bit weird. Or objectified Anyway...don't worry about it.
Each woman will have her own story.
I'm 59 and I've been dealing with men for a long time. Not too much mystery ...
No don't take it wrong. Interesting, funny, and flirtatious is also good traits that are welcome. Just depends.
I flirt too.and I've heard I'm married or hey my girlfriend Sally thinks...
It works both ways.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   

I would say ask a good female friend instead of ATS

as a guy, I would say..

you are either talking to girls that are way better looking then you are
or
you are putting off a vibe they don't like

Most people like attention from people of the opposite sex that they find good looking, it really doesn't matter if they are in a relationship or not. Until the one person crosses the line

but

if you want a positive spin. If the girls think you are that dead sexy, they could say, "I have a boyfriend" to remind themselves of that fact.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: thinline

Interesting that last bit.
I believe that is frequently the case. Saying it out loud can shake you back to reality.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

Why would you push for a sale at Walmart? It's not like you were getting commission or anything extra for it. So why bring in someone else to help?
That just doesn't add up.

OP - I've seen it often, usually when the woman can tell the guy is going to hit on them and they want to avoid it. I'd guess they'd do it because the guy was creeping them out or they felt like the guy was the type to be pushy about a phone number. Some are like that. They think themselves so irresistable or a "lady's man" they can't imagine a woman saying No to them and actually meaning it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I tried to remember someone that said that to me but nope
what's wrong with me
(no woman said that to me)

Perhaps I don't drool At their boobs?

Idk

edit on 8-8-2016 by Indigent because: Poor hobos of the world, nobody like them

edit on 8-8-2016 by Indigent because: Reasons

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I find that funny.

I usually respond with, "Oh you finally found one that could handle your level of crazy? Good for you. Everyone needs to find their partner in life."
edit on 8-8-2016 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I do it sometimes and I'm not a girl.

When a guy does it to me, I'm like "sheeet, did I make him think I was into him???" ...but there's no way I can apologize about it b/c he'd be embarrassed to admit he thought I was, so it would go from uncomfortable to just-shoot-me-now for both of us real fast, lol.
edit on 8/8/2016 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: new_here

When a girl openly hits on me

Like tries to kiss me..

lol

it's not like oh by the way... I have a girlfriend..
Like maybe I'm on my phone texting her.

hold on one sec.
"hey baby, yea I forgot to buy milk. I'll get it on the way home"

edit on 8-8-2016 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join