It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We [normal] Americans work really hard for what we want and when we want it....!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sorry, I had no idea how to post it as a "Rant" thread. Please Mod do as it's necessary and forgive my ignorance on the sincerity account.

Dear Members,

It appears that, to express how beautiful it feels to be an American nowadays is comparable to be a terrorist. In the news, there are some people that not only have they flashed our stars and stripes, proudly they want you to know they are American screaming out to the 4 winds in this planet.

All of us have worked our asses off to deserve, not a piece but at least, a small piece of the American dream. Where are our #ing medals.???? Personally I know more than 20 people that deserve 20 gold medals, if not more.

We are intelligent and logical people, tell us what you want from our labor and it is sure that a compromise can be reached. It used to be a beautiful country. What happened??? What did we do??? What happened to our dream????
edit on 8-8-2016 by Vanux because: Grammatical Structure

edit on 8-8-2016 by Vanux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What is this thread about?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

What is this thread about?

I've seen recruitment pitches for cults that start like this. I'm also curious where this is going.

ETA: As for the OP, there's nothing wrong with being proud of where you're from. So I wish you'd give some examples of what you meant about it being comparable to terrorists. And I agree that there are people in our everyday lives who are real heroes.

With that being said, I have no clue where this is going.
edit on 8-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
People think they deserve medals instead of earning them. That's what happened.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I find it odd that the title says, "We Americans..."

but the OP's location is listed as Spain.

I think the OP is trying to bargain with TPTB. I wish him/ her all the luck in the world.

edit on 8-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Perhaps the word "deserve" could have been taken as nocuous. I meant no ill intent by it. My point was that flags fly high working their backs literally off and not getting the recognition for it.

This is our homeland, let us all give some recognition where recognition is due.

edit on 8-8-2016 by Vanux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vanux

You forgot the [normal] Americans who don't work. You also forgot the [normal] Americans who work and don't want anything.

What makes a [normal] American who works, any more deserving than one who doesn't work because they're a single parent looking after X amount of kids with (for example) learning difficulties?

Or is this another case of "we want rewarding for doing stuff that everyone else does" rubbish? The stupid "there is no losers and everyone gets a medal" crap?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Must be nice to be able to go to McD's and grab a dollar burger. For many hundreds of years before the present, and I feel in just a hundred years or so, people haven't or won't have the luxuy of being even a homeless American. Because you can survive in a nation that has literally poured billions of "dollars" into itself, does not earn you a medal, but the disgust of people that are fighting for their very survival daily.

Of course keep in mind, the people that founded your great nation drove entire cultures of self sustainability into oblivion, the root of all American pride is a damnable lack of humanity. That's just a fraction of the reason Americans do not deserve anything for their abillity to cut it in the "real" world.

Used to be a beautiful country?! In your grandparents or your parents lifetime, heck maybe even yours, black people were racially, lawfully, segregated! Even Iraq had a better basic human rights record at that time.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

You forgot the [normal] Americans who don't work. You also forgot the [normal] Americans who work and don't want anything.

What makes a [normal] American who works, any more deserving than one who doesn't work because they're a single parent looking after X amount of kids with (for example) learning difficulties?

Or is this another case of "we want rewarding for doing stuff that everyone else does" rubbish? The stupid "there is no losers and everyone gets a medal" crap?

My folks are normal [Americans] What that means in our terms is that we work and work and work some more to deserve just a little of the American dream. Unfortunately, you're so right. Not many people see our country like we do. When I cited the word [we] I meant people that was willing to go all out for a better life. There are factors and variables that can change peoples influence, unfortunately I' m not in the capacity to speck for them. Please accept my sincere apologies if your impression was of such.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Times have changed. We've as the American people have let the government run away from the will of the people. Despite the rhetoric, we are not free. We are reliant and that will eventually lead to a failed republic.

The American dream used to lead to homes and vehicles and vacations and stuff. In a lot of scenarios that is no longer the case. Homes cost 2,3,5 times as much as a yearly wage. People are getting wise to not buckle them selves in for that based upon the past volatility of the economy.

At the same time there is a huge gap forming in the wage scale. People are rising or falling to each side and the middle ground is being stripped away. This furthers need for even more government etc.

Society is another aspect. From the way people treat each other to what the "press" reports is dividing us as a country.

Pick your poison, that is what happened to the American dream.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It started with "participation trophies."

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

In spite of what it says, I've been a member since 2006. I've seen thing come and go. Not long ago, I ponder whether my favorite site was inadvertently inducing the ideas that were just the opposite to our tenets.

This is ATS, I'll have to accept that it is the case.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vanux
What happened??? What did we do???

I know ... but, I'm not tellin' 'til you've made 5,000 posts.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I sense a lot of envy and maybe even a little masochism in this thread. Though somewhat fleeting nowadays, and a little tepid, the American Dream is still possible. The American experiment must be continued. Like any history it has its ugliness, but its people have learned from it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Come on people, accept my sincere apologies!!!!!
So far all I've been reading are pretentious replies Give me something to work with, semantics will not be acceptable..!!
For those who don't know what that means, here it is. Just because your were admitted to mingle with us here does not make you one one of us. Many of us, old timers, see you with amusement but neglect to speak up, for obvious reasons. Not because we are better, it is because its not our website and if we do, it would be considered very inappropriate a word we say, considering the existing copyright laws.
edit on 8-8-2016 by Vanux because: Grammar and structure

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Mods can remove for manners violation, whatever...

but every post in this thread by you reminds me of a patriotic gibberish generator. I really can't make sense of it! It almost looks like complete thoughts sewn together, and yet, it's not!

Am I the only one??

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Elitist...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
a reply to: Snarl

Elitist...

Lazy's more like it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

It is most unfortunate to learn that to engage in intellectual exchange one must prove a level of intellect.

Forgive me if from now on everything is in prose. !!!!!

From this point on, if a challenge has been directed towards me.........?!?!?!?!?!?!??!
I'll accept it....!!!

Call the rules.......I'll be standing by...!!!
[I'll be more than glad to show you how much a red neck I am]

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

WTF you random text generator are trying to say?

<<   2 >>

join