It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation v Evolution argument can end

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TerryDon79

a reply to: daskakik

That's because he wants to see a baby fishy turn into a mammoth or an eagle or some other wierd version of his views of evolution. And he wants to see it happening right now. You know? The thing that would disprove evolution lol.

That's a miracle, that's just what you want people to believe of me

That's your strawman because I threaten you intelectualy and emotionally

Calm down their TD

You are turning into a pumpkin, relax, breathe deep, think calm thoughts, walk away from the computer, have a cool drink

You're just too funny. Wanting something, get shown it, say it's not it, want it again, but change the terms, get shown it, say it's not it, want it again ad infinitum.

Whale hips as vestigial so, baby's gills that don't exist, crickets with gills but no proof, pictures of dinosaur bones
Really?

Overwhelming

About as overwhelming as your logic.

"Waaaah! Show me emperical evidence of evolution! No, not that, or that, or that, or that, or that!"

You even changed the definition of evolution. That bit was hilarious!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

I think if you understood my argument of the 10000000000 plus million deaths was more about atheists saying religion (social religion?) is bad, compared to Darwinism, not so bad is it

I understood what you were trying to say. You are not hard to understand. You may be the 10000000000 millionth plus, 100% predictable creationist I've come across. You know that old saying, there is nothing new under the sun?

Taking theories about the natural world and applying them to social constructs to justify this or that atrocity, is most certainly not any better then religion being used to justify the same.

However, that is not Darwinism. That is not a reflection of the Theory of Evolution.

Religion has holy texts that command and condone bloodshed. That equals bad.

The Theory of Evolution, or "Darwinism", says nothing of the kind. That is what equals good.

Bottom line is evil people will do evil things, and for reasons and justifications of their own. It just happens to be the case that religion leaves the door open for it. That and the fervent, zealous faith that can arise when one believes, is a dangerous combination.

That's why only a handful of names are thrown out when trying to correlate atheism with atrocities.

Nothing about being an atheist or agnostic leaves the door open for nasty religious garbage.

Then religion is based on evolution, kill and your religion is the fittest, can you deny that?
Kill and you will be stronger, be stronger and you will pass on genetic grates, that's evolution, the theory demands destruction for self gain

It's not impartial, not even nearly, it points to destruction of other people. Follow it's logical outcome

You can't say that religion is wrong if it is just doing what evolution teaches, what's wrong with genocide, weaker subjects are destroyed, evolution in progress

Your argument falls

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   

That's because he wants to see a baby fishy turn into a mammoth or an eagle or some other wierd version of his views of evolution. And he wants to see it happening right now. You know? The thing that would disprove evolution lol.

Calm down their TD

You are turning into a pumpkin, relax, breathe deep, think calm thoughts, walk away from the computer, have a cool drink

You're just too funny. Wanting something, get shown it, say it's not it, want it again, but change the terms, get shown it, say it's not it, want it again ad infinitum.

Whale hips as vestigial so, baby's gills that don't exist, crickets with gills but no proof, pictures of dinosaur bones
Really?

Overwhelming

"Waaaah! Show me emperical evidence of evolution! No, not that, or that, or that, or that, or that!"

So are you telling me TD that baby's have gills, that whales hip bones are vestigial and crickets have evolved gills

Really, do you believe that

Do you want me to believe that as well.
Do you have any evidence of that, are you the phantom about to disappear

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Calm down their TD

Really?

Overwhelming

So are you telling me TD that baby's have gills, that whales hip bones are vestigial and crickets have evolved gills

Really, do you believe that

Do you want me to believe that as well.
Do you have any evidence of that, are you the phantom about to disappear

I'm just here for the entertainment value.

You just make me laugh so hard!

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Peter, I tried to, but I am not going to read it, your patronizing tone and attitude deserves no respect

You have nothing valid, nothing but your religios atheism, your hate of all science, your self contempt is evident

If you had anything of value, if you had the truth, you would post it, not lace your childish faith with drivel and hate

Sharpen up, you have nothing valid, if you did it would stand on its own.

You have nothing valid because you have to bolster it up with personal attacks

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Man, that's a shame. Just when the thread was getting interesting, the guy comes back in and essentially hijacks his own thread, regressing it back to full strawman mode. I don't think I've ever seen anybody hijack their own thread before. He must have a bet with a friend or something to see who can make theists look worse.
edit on 8 12 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Raggedyman

"Organics"

Spark of life: Metabolism appears in lab without cells
That's the official news release from a lab. The story is written by one of the team. She should have a clear understanding because of her expertise in the field and she was there.

Sorry, I missed this amongst all the spam
Give me some time to read up on it
Interesting

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Hijacked it

I just asked for empirical evidence

Wher was that again, must have dropped it somewhere

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Then religion is based on evolution, kill and your religion is the fittest, can you deny that?

Yes, I deny that.

Kill and you will be stronger, be stronger and you will pass on genetic grates, that's evolution, the theory demands destruction for self gain

No, incorrect. That is not what "survival of the fittest" implies, let alone demand.

It's not impartial, not even nearly, it points to destruction of other people. Follow it's logical outcome

It's an impartial observation of the natural world.

You can't say that religion is wrong if it is just doing what evolution teaches, what's wrong with genocide, weaker subjects are destroyed, evolution in progress

You are twisting evolution, just as the Hitlers of the world did, for their own justifications. Let's be thankful you aren't itching to kill all us atheists (as far as I know).

Your argument falls

Perhaps you can elaborate on your understanding of survival of the fittest and explain why its logical outcome is mass murdering the weak.

Face it dude, you don't understand what you're talking about.

I can see how you came to your conclusions, but I believe you are incorrect because you are looking at things in the wrong light and context.

Just my opinion.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I think it was to do with the attention not bring on him.

And I believe you're right. There MUST be a bet going on.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Young man (woman) i am not sure (sorry), you have been given a wealth of empirical evidence that you seem, either unable to comprehend, or unwilling. I would emplore you to take one of your skin cells and put it next to a paramecium, amoeba, or any other eukariotic cell under the microscope and tell me the difference-what makes your cells different? Are they glowing with a spirit, are they pulsating with some spirit of life that the others are not? You will find, that not only do all of these cells contain pretty much the same "structure" but that you would be hard pressed to tell me what the difference is. The thing is, they all contain pretty much the same organelles, the same form of energy production, the same biochemistry, and the same fundamental chemiosmotics. Granted there are some differences, however, the similarities are what makes us part of this planet, are what makes us a continuation of the evolution of life on this planet, a GOD with a magic wand would not need that common denomination-if purple elephants with wings popped out of my pond in my back yard, with a system of replication that had nothing in common with any other form of life on this planet, i would fight for your cause till i died, however, my GOD put this in motion and sat back and watched it happen. I totally appreciate your fight, it took me some 50+ years to realize that GOD left us to our own accord, life on this planet is all connected, and quite frankly, i would be surprised if life on other celestial bodies does not follow the same path. The laws of physics, chemistry and biology in our particular universe dictate it. Skewer me, call me names, continue to ask for evidence, but you will not change the basic laws of nature, put into motion when this universe was born.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

A cricket with gills, that would be something, a baby human with gills, yeah, that would be something as well

Yes either of those would indeed be "something".

And that "something" would be proof - AGAINST evolution.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

The thing about energy is paramount, but lightning strikes are not the key, even if lightning strikes COULD produce prebiotic (molecules, elements, organic compounds) their concentration in a primordial sea/ocean would preclude the happenstance of them ever coming together to react-there just isnt a scenario where concentraion would be high enough or prolonged enough to allow the proper chemical reactions to take place. This is why i never agreed with the "Soup" hypothesis. Alkaline hrdrothermal vents, in Lanes scenario, provide a way. There is a constant influx of free energy, (in a chemical form) that contains all the elements of life as we know it (hydrogen, carbon and water). I do not in any way espouse that these are my own ideas, i do believe that they make sense.
As an aside, alkaline hydrothermal vents can be googled by terms like Lost City, they are some miles from black smokers that generally follow volcanic tectonic spread zones, they are "cooler" and generally " live" for a considerably longer geologic time than black smokers that rise and fall as tectonic plates move. Incidently, some life forms that live near black smokers have light sensing cells ( not eyes-half an eye? ) that may detect emissions to allow them to follow their movement.
edit on 13-8-2016 by HiddenWaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

So, end the argument, offer some empirical evidence, evidence that cant be refuted, scientifically.

Animals that exist now didn't exist in the past, animals that existed in the past don't exist now.

Evolution.

There are no Tyrannosaurus now, there were no chickens then.

Thats a very interesting statement.
Empirical evidence to back it up

Thanks

How does one report a troll anymore. This is the most disingenuous, trolling reply I have ever read on ATS, anywhere, anytime.

I am getting sick of this crap, I really am.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

Just don't respond to him.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: rnaa

LOL! That's what bothers you? We're almost at page 30 and the whole thread is one big troll! The mods have been here and I've only seen one post removed for violation of T&C. And it wasn't Raggedy's!

Well I stand corrected.
edit on 13-8-2016 by VP740 because: (no reason given)

(post by Raggedyman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: HiddenWaters

Alkaline hrdrothermal vents, in Lanes scenario, provide a way. There is a constant influx of free energy, (in a chemical form) that contains all the elements of life as we know it (hydrogen, carbon and water). I do not in any way espouse that these are my own ideas, i do believe that they make sense.

Right, I agree with that. I wasn't aware that it had been published. The hydrothermal vents also seemed most likely to the team, specialty is cellular metabolism, that verified metabolic action without RNA.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: rnaa

originally posted by: Jonjonj

So, end the argument, offer some empirical evidence, evidence that cant be refuted, scientifically.

Animals that exist now didn't exist in the past, animals that existed in the past don't exist now.

Evolution.

There are no Tyrannosaurus now, there were no chickens then.

Thats a very interesting statement.
Empirical evidence to back it up

Thanks

How does one report a troll anymore. This is the most disingenuous, trolling reply I have ever read on ATS, anywhere, anytime.

I am getting sick of this crap, I really am.

You do know there are animals that exist now that existed then don't you
Maybe even chooks, just because we havnt found their fossilized bones doesn't mean they didn't

Your reply is a little silly in context of the argument

You want to report a troll, go to the moderators and you say
" here I am"

edit on 13-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: HiddenWaters

Alkaline hrdrothermal vents, in Lanes scenario, provide a way. There is a constant influx of free energy, (in a chemical form) that contains all the elements of life as we know it (hydrogen, carbon and water). I do not in any way espouse that these are my own ideas, i do believe that they make sense.

Right, I agree with that. I wasn't aware that it had been published. The hydrothermal vents also seemed most likely to the team, specialty is cellular metabolism, that verified metabolic action without RNA.

Had a read
Exactly what does it prove in your mind
What does it actually prove, any idea

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join