It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creation v Evolution argument can end

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: TzarChasm

three? how is that?

1) lightning strike in primordial stew.
2) sub oceanic vents.
3) hot meteor in organic chemical rich environment.
4) microbes deep inside a meteor from outer space.
5) an intergalactic voyager emptied his septic system as an emergency measure because of equipment malfunction, then went on his way. His report reads, "...emergency septic dump in vicinity of mostly lifeless planet...not likely to have harmful impact..."

Hard to argue with that.

edit on 12-8-2016 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

In the interest of being on topic here's the context history of evolution.

edit on 12-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

we are not opposed to a reasonable creationist model...its not about maintaining a monopoly on origins or perpetuating science as an industry, it would be epic to see legitimate gods enter the picture (unless they are here to own us) and if that is the fact, then im fairly certain that most earthlings would be earnest to acknowledge it so we can prepare contingencies...you know, just in case.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:04 PM
link   

we are not opposed to a reasonable creationist model...

My religion does not have a "creator" per se.

it would be epic to see legitimate gods enter the picture (unless they are here to own us) and if that is the fact, then im fairly certain that most earthlings would be earnest to acknowledge it so we can prepare contingencies...you know, just in case.

Did you ever happen to watch the movie "Jupiter Ascending"?

the film is centered on Jupiter Jones (Kunis), an ordinary cleaning woman, and Caine Wise (Tatum), an interplanetary warrior who informs Jones that her destiny extends beyond Earth.
At the beginning of the story, Earth's residents are unaware that the human species on Earth and countless other planets were established by families of transhuman and alien royalty for the purpose of later "harvesting" the resulting organisms to produce a type of youth serum for the elites on still other planets.

Not cool, those elites.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Social Darwinism, and "Darwinism" are two separate things.

Hitler had no real understanding of evolution. Just like his "spirituality" and "faith", if he really had any, was his own skewed version of beliefs. Just like his "understanding" of evolution. I'd wager any of the other mass murders that applied Social Darwinism didn't/don't either.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Hitler had no real understanding of evolution. Just like his "spirituality" and "faith", if he really had any, was his own skewed version of beliefs. Just like his "understanding" of evolution. I'd wager any of the other mass murders that applied Social Darwinism didn't/don't either.

Ah so that excuses the 100 plus million who died because social Darwinism blah blah blah

I think if you understood my argument of the 10000000000 plus million deaths was more about atheists saying religion (social religion?) is bad, compared to Darwinism, not so bad is it

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: HiddenWaters
a reply to: pthena

I am not trying to derail things, and hope im not overstepping my bounds as i am a lurker-not a poster, but you may want to check out some of (all of) the books written by Nick Lane on this subject. Especially "The Vital Question", although his hypotheses are very "contemporary" and unproven, they are generally well thought out and testable ( some are actually in this process) but you will glean a wealth of knowledge in regard to evultionary theory, epigenetics, phylogenetics and how we can trace genes through populations and across families/phyla. His writing style makes understanding these concepts a bit easier, and perhaps exciting, if you can believe that. Anyway, peter vlar and barcs are usually spot on with their science-have a good weekend.

Peter Vlar and Barcs have offered no science, they are just race callers
Why not open with empirical evidence

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Ah so that excuses the 100 plus million who died because social Darwinism blah blah blah

I think if you understood my argument of the 10000000000 plus million deaths was more about atheists saying religion (social religion?) is bad, compared to Darwinism, not so bad is it

Davwinism would not apply to human beings. When it comes to humans genes it dont play a significant role.

Have you ever tried survival training. Survival does not have anything to do With Our gene pool. What matter is what is between you ears. It always have when it comes to humans.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

three? how is that?

1) lightning strike in primordial stew.
2) sub oceanic vents.
3) hot meteor in organic chemical rich environment.
4) microbes deep inside a meteor from outer space.
5) an intergalactic voyager emptied his septic system as an emergency measure because of equipment malfunction, then went on his way. His report reads, "...emergency septic dump in vicinity of mostly lifeless planet...not likely to have harmful impact..."

How about pink unicorns farting rainbow streams of bacteria from outer space, what's scientifically wrong with that scenarios compared to yours
Microbes, microbes from where, why not unicorns, microbes evolved into flying unicorns in outer space and seeded the earth

It stuns me how you can come up with these insane assumptions without any science to explain it
Lightning, dirt and water with heat, maybe cold, maybe

Read number 3 and tell me you thought about what you said
edit on 12-8-2016 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

In the interest of being on topic here's the context history of evolution.

Oh I get it now, TV movie science trumps empirical evidence
Jurasic park, because, well Steven Spielberg knows

Remember how I asked for empirical evidence

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

I am sorry, I don't understand your reasoning

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Dude come on. You are smarter than that...

Bats evolved into Vampires. Duh.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Dude come on. You are smarter than that...

Bats evolved into Vampires. Duh.

Ooooooooh!

Makes perfect sense now. Thanks

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

a reply to: spy66

I am sorry, I don't understand science

There ya go. Fixed it for you.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yes, I did. The conditions for life require energy. A large, slowly cooling meteorite seems more likely than a single lightening strike. I still think the under ocean thermal vents are more likely.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

it would be epic to see legitimate gods enter the picture (unless they are here to own us) and if that is the fact, then im fairly certain that most earthlings would be earnest to acknowledge it so we can prepare contingencies...you know, just in case.

the film is centered on Jupiter Jones (Kunis), an ordinary cleaning woman, and Caine Wise (Tatum), an interplanetary warrior who informs Jones that her destiny extends beyond Earth.
At the beginning of the story, Earth's residents are unaware that the human species on Earth and countless other planets were established by families of transhuman and alien royalty for the purpose of later "harvesting" the resulting organisms to produce a type of youth serum for the elites on still other planets.

Not cool, those elites.

I know another story, no movie
Created by an alien, to be in a relationship by this amazing benevolent alien, this amazing alien loves their creation, nurtures and loves the creation beyond itself
Sadly the creation becomes vile, violent and evil, self serving, rebellious and murderous.
Eventually this benevolent alien decides that they must be destroyed as their nature has become to perverted
Yet, one last time this benevolent alien offers creation a chance, Jesus
Repent, come to me, turn from your evil ways and I will welcome you into a relationship with me, forever

The Elite doesn't want from, the Elite wants to share

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Yes, I did. The conditions for life require energy. A large, slowly cooling meteorite seems more likely than a single lightening strike. I still think the under ocean thermal vents are more likely.

"Organics"

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Not cool, those elites.

I know another story, no movie
Created by an alien, to be in a relationship by this amazing benevolent alien, this amazing alien loves their creation, nurtures and loves the creation beyond itself
Sadly the creation becomes vile, violent and evil, self serving, rebellious and murderous.
Eventually this benevolent alien decides that they must be destroyed as their nature has become to perverted
Yet, one last time this benevolent alien offers creation a chance, Jesus
Repent, come to me, turn from your evil ways and I will welcome you into a relationship with me, forever

The Elite doesn't want from, the Elite wants to share

Scrap that.

Tell me the one about the 100+ million again.

Can you add some dragons time? And maybe a Jesus on a Harley made from space dust and space water?
edit on 1282016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Thanks TD, I can speak for myself

You are right, I don't understand your religios science, I don't understand how you can mix faith with science
I don't understand how you can come into a thread about evidence and preach your religion

Why do you hate science
Why do you turn it into a religios faith based cult teaching

Why do you hate science

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Thanks TD, I can speak for myself

You are right, I don't understand your religios science, I don't understand how you can mix faith with science
I don't understand how you can come into a thread about evidence and preach your religion

Why do you hate science
Why do you turn it into a religios faith based cult teaching

Why do you hate science

Nice one. I've not seen that typed for a while!

You sure did show me, didn't you?
edit on 1282016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join