It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We have a president that just paid $400 million ransom to Iran. I doubt trump could do worse.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
We need a new forum:

"I HATE TRUMP"

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
cool, I shall list everyone who signed:

• Donald B. Ayer Former Deputy Attorney General
  • John B. Bellinger III Former Legal Adviser to the Department of State; former Legal Adviser to the National Security Council, The White House
  • Robert Blackwill Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Planning, The White House
  • Michael Chertoff Former Secretary of Homeland Security; former Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division, Department of Justice
  • Eliot A. Cohen Former Counselor of the Department of State
  • Eric Edelman Former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; former National Security Advisor to the Vice President, The White House
  • Gary Edson Former Deputy National Security Advisor, The White House
  • Richard Falkenrath Former Deputy Homeland Security Advisor, The White House
  • Peter Feaver Former Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council, The White House
  • Richard Fontaine Former Associate Director for Near East Affairs, National Security Council, The White House
  • Jendayi Frazer Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for African Affairs; former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs
  • Aaron Friedberg Former Deputy National Security Advisor to the Vice President, The White House
  • David Gordon Former Director of Policy Planning, Department of State
  • Michael Green Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Asia, National Security Council, The White House
  • Brian Gunderson Former Chief of Staff, Department of State
  • Paul Haenle Former Director for China and Taiwan, National Security Council, The White House
  • Michael Hayden Former Director, Central Intelligence Agency; former Director, National Security Agency
  • Carla A. Hills Former U.S. Trade Representative
  • John Hillen Former Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs
  • William Inboden Former Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council, The White House
  • Reuben Jeffery III Former Under Secretary of State for Economic Energy and Agricultural Affairs; former Special Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs, National Security Council, The White House
  • James Jeffrey Former Deputy National Security Advisor, The White House
  • Ted Kassinger Former Deputy Secretary of Commerce
  • David Kramer Former Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
  • James Langdon Former Chairman, President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, The White House
  • Peter Lichtenbaum Former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration
  • Mary Beth Long Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs
  • Clay Lowery Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs; former Director for International Finance, National Security Council, The White House
  • Robert McCallum Former Associate Attorney General; former Ambassador to Australia
  • Richard Miles Former Director for North America, National Security Council, The White House
  • Andrew Natsios Former Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
  • John Negroponte Former Director of National Intelligence; former Deputy Secretary of State; former Deputy National Security Advisor
  • Meghan O’Sullivan Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Iraq and Afghanistan
  • Dan Price Former Deputy National Security Advisor
  • Tom Ridge Former Secretary of Homeland Security; former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, The White House; former Governor of Pennsylvania
  • Nicholas Rostow Former Legal Adviser to the National Security Council, The White House
  • Kori Schake Former Director for Defense Strategy, National Security Council, The White House
  • Kristen Silverberg Former Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations
  • Stephen Slick Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Intelligence Programs, National Security Council, The White House
  • Shirin R. Tahir-Kheli Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Democracy, Human Rights and International Operations, National Security Council, The White House; former Ambassador and Senior Advisor for Women’s Empowerment, Department of State
  • William H. Taft IV Former Deputy Secretary of Defense; former Ambassador to NATO
  • Larry D. Thompson Former Deputy Attorney General
  • William Tobey Former Deputy Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy; former Director for Counter- Proliferation Strategy, National Security Council, The White House
  • John Veroneau Former Deputy U.S. Trade Representative
  • Kenneth Wainstein Former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, The White House; former Assistant Attorney General for National Security, Department of Justice
  • Matthew Waxman Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense; former Director for Contingency Planning and International Justice, National Security Council, The White House
  • Dov Zakheim Former Under Secretary of Defense
  • Roger Zakheim Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
  • Philip Zelikow Former Counselor of the Department of State
  • Robert Zoellick Former U.S. Trade Representative; former Deputy Secretary of State

Woah man, that was brutal. They should take a good long look in the mirror when they spout horse # like this though:

He appears to lack basic knowledge about and
belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws, and U.S. institutions,
including religious tolerance, freedom of the press, and an independent
judiciary.

Half that list was responsible for infringing on what they just stated he would be no good at.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   
The good 'ole boys club.......are about to have their little controlled reality turned upside down and they're scared. They're really are scared. The people have been screaming for a third party, an outsider, a business NOT as usual POTUS and they just may get their way while the business as usual cronies are shaking in fear. They really are afraid, their frenzy is growing and they are becoming frantic in their effort to persuade the public to go with what they know. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them begin foaming at the mouth, spitting their words out of their enlarged red faces with veins popping out. Same 'ole same 'ole needs to go. It's time for a fresh look with new ideas. Which by the way, is why many voted for Obama. Voting for Hillary is two steps backward. She's a liar, will say ANYTHING to get elected and has a proven track record of accomplishing very little except enriching her own private fund. A snake in the grass is not what we need.

edit on 8-8-2016 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

As was pointed out, many on that list were responsible for the Patriot Act and the full blown takeover by DHS of some very crucial departments regarding national security. I suspect they fear the chickens are coming home to roost.

Time to kill the Patriot Act, axe DHS and make their agencies independent again. Not only that, some of those people in key security positions also have Dual citizenship with Israel, who has been strangely quiet this season.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Those signing the letter include former Director of National Intelligence John Negroponte, former NSA and CIA Director Michael Hayden and former Homeland Security Security secretaries Michael Chertoff and Tom Ridge.

The Times notes that some prominent Republican national security officials did not sign the letter, including former secretaries of state Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, James Baker, Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice.

Well , what an interesting Partial l List .

Breaking News at Newsmax.com www.newsmax.com...
Urgent: Do You Back Trump or Hillary? Vote Here Now!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
The good 'ole boys club.......are about to have their little controlled reality turned upside down and they're scared. They're really are scared. The people have been screaming for a third party, an outsider, a business NOT as usual POTUS and they just may get their way while the business as usual cronies are shaking in fear. They really are afraid, their frenzy is growing and they are becoming frantic in their effort to persuade the public to go with what they know. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them begin foaming at the mouth, spitting their words out of their enlarged red faces with veins popping out. Same 'ole same 'ole needs to go. It's time for a fresh look with new ideas. Which by the way, is why many voted for Obama. Voting for Hillary is two steps backward. She's a liar, will say ANYTHING to get elected and has a proven track record of accomplishing very little except enriching her own private fund. A snake in the grass is not what we need.

They should be afraid, not by your precious "anti-establishment" candidate but because he's mentally unstable and a pathological liar.

“In American history, we’ve never had a major presidential candidate who fabricated facts with the regularity of Donald Trump,” said Douglas Brinkley, a history professor at Rice University. “He just simply makes up things.”

Don The Con

He added: “There’s something psychologically warped with someone who sees no distinction between facts and fiction at all. The sign of crazy is when someone believes his own bull#. And he believes his own B.S.: Everything he says is true because he said it.”

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Press TV: Nuclear security experts alarmed by Trump’s rhetoric
www.veteranstoday.com...

US Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump’s erratic stance on nuclear weapons has raised the alarm among American nuclear experts, according to a report.

Trump further astounded Republican and Democratic experts this week, after it was revealed by the MSNBC that he asked officials at a national security meeting to explain why the US could not use its nuclear weapons.

“This is the most dangerous thing that he has said, among many dangerous and stupid things,” Mark Fitzpatrick, a US State Department veteran who worked on nonproliferation issues for 26 years, told The Hill.

Trump lacks good judgment and is ignorant of basic things a president should be aware of. That's why these people are weary of him.
edit on 8-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
has no idea what is going on in Ukraine, wants to give Crimea to Russia not even something China thinks is a good idea

I don't mean to derail the thread.
But this statement needs to be challenged.
Crimea voted out of Ukraine!
Putin then helped facilitate that.
Look it up!
Actually I'll help... Seeing as you most likely won't take the energy to do it.

The official result from the Autonomous Republic of Crimea was a 96.77 percent vote for integration of the region into the Russian Federation with an 83.1 percent voter turnout.

Crimean status referendum, 2014.
Who cares what China thinks!?!
Their actions in the South China sea are deplorable compared to Russia.

In regard to the OP.
I'd like to see the number of these Neo-Con's that voted for the Iraq war.
I'll guess 90%.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I don't think Trump can withstand this mutiny by his own party. Essentially now he is running a grassroots campaign; still listed as a Republican but he should have run as a 3rd party from the beginning. Now its to late.

Either you play the DC game, or you don't play.....

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
You do not need an expert to tell you this. The guy thinks Iran funds ISIS, has no idea what is going on in Ukraine, wants to give Crimea to Russia not even something China thinks is a good idea, is not sure who the terrorist are or where they are at and had such thin skin other nations be able rattle or manipulate him anytime they want sending him off on crazy town rants making crazy town choices. No surprise the world has such a low opinion of him.

Frankly I could care less what the worlds "opinion" of the US is....we walked on the moon and split the atom...

And we didn't need affirmation from the world to accomplish the impossible...

So spare me your liberal need to please the despotic realms of the lesser nation-states of this good earth...

America is the apex civilization on earth and the living manifestation of the high west's sensibilities and its embracing of science and intellectual enlightenment...

I have no need to seek approval from Stone Age societies who would throw my homosexual sibling from a building or see my physician wife subjugated to my masculine rule…

I understand the core of your liberal dogma drives you to seek the approval of Third World despotic Stone Age cultures but forgive me if I tap the brakes on seeking their approval.

-Christosterone

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Incredible news, as I HAVE suspected all along: " Eric S. Edelman, who served as Vice President Dick Cheney’s national security adviser"
LET the reptiles join each other it's NOT like conspiracists couldn't tell anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

negative, 3rd party will still lose this election. By staying on the Republicans he is guaranteed a chance. 3rd party will be a lost cause until 2020. Like I said, the GOP thought they were being cute, and then Trump beat them at their own game. Now they got to live with the fact that he not just going to go the same way Bernie sold out.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I don't think Trump can withstand this mutiny by his own party. Essentially now he is running a grassroots campaign; still listed as a Republican but he should have run as a 3rd party from the beginning. Now its to late.

Either you play the DC game, or you don't play.....

If you’re somebody with some moral sense or intelligence--two things Trump doesn’t have--you may have a chance at being truly anti-Washington.

The country would be delighted to have a REAL maverick non Washington candidate who knew the issues....Not a posturing ignoramus and bigot like Trump.

The exposure has finally gotten to Trump. Trump is exposed. The publicity has exposed him

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Obama tried it with society WE are hitting the oligarchs in our party which IS WHY the REAL TEA PARTY exists.
THEY stopped listening WE ARE attacking them,"damn the torpedoes" and all associated verbage. Hillary will NEVER sway that,SHE'S PART of all that.
AS to that PC stuff SOME is ligit I KNOW that.
Some is BULL and YOU know THAT.
NOW lets ALL make sure they don't go all "McCarthy" on the people,next, if Trump DOES win,PLAN AHEAD folks...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Of course he will...and is putting us all at the brink of doomsday. Outspoken is fine..but the other nutcase leaders around the world with a few tricks up their sleeves will get pissed and the missiles, emps and bio-bombs will fly.

And all because of his lack of "tact" and diplomacy. Be president. I dont care. Just learn how to speak to the rest of the world....before you cant anymore...because of some stupid thing you thought was ok to say.

Remember kids...whoever gets in...in any election...any of them...holds the peace of most of the known world in their hands...and he needs to quit waving them around so much
edit on 8-8-2016 by mysterioustranger because: spl

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Suudenly left wingers are championing the opinion of the people they've been demonizing for the last 16 years.

link   
Independent Candidate Evan McMullin Says Trump Inhuman
www.thecallnews.com...

This guy is a conservative from Utah

Evan McMullin, the former CIA agent who announced today that he is running for president, had harsh words for both Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, telling ABC News he believes both are "woefully unfit for the responsibilities they seek." But he reserved particular ire for Trump, calling him "inhuman," and an "authoritarian" who "does not care about anyone but himself." McMullin, a Republican, previously worked for the House Republican Conference and considers himself a true conservative. B...

link   

WHY did you say THIS that way,attempting to double reinforce an opinionated statement as a fact?

"The exposure has finally gotten to Trump. Trump is exposed. The publicity has exposed him"
It isn't in his history of personal contact habitually like it is in Hillary's
HE HAS gone out of his way to do things for others OUTSIDE his nominal activities.
It simply doesn't exist outside of this narrative on a level I would give a crap about,compared to people who would KNOW him and would say so.
Words in POLITICS?
Dust in the wind.

Evan is GOP aka Oligarch or reptile support member.

edit on 8-8-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

It might be about that to you.

When you've got economists telling you his "plan' will cause us to go into recession, and the top security people telling us he will be placing the country at risk, You need to listen. Maybe they know something you don't.

Trump has the credentials to be the CEO of a construction company, or direct acquisitions for properties for golf courses.

He seems to have been a good father.

None of that qualifies him for the Presidency, and as far as I can tell, that's all he's got.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join