It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
www.nytimes.com...

Fifty of the nation’s most senior Republican national security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush, have signed a letter declaring that Donald J. Trump “lacks the character, values and experience” to be president and “would put at risk our country’s national security and well-being.”

Mr. Trump, the officials warn, “would be the most reckless president in American history.”

Looks like more good news for Trump, eh?

This will go over good with the voters. GOP officials running away from Trump!

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Give us the list- I bet they are all either Neo-con or sworn allegience to a foreign power i.e Aipac

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Stupid warmongers. Donald Trump will make America safer by eliminating legitimate terrorist threats and (hopefully) ending unprovoked aggression against other countries, and ending the baseless antagonistic policy towards Russia.

They just want tensions between the US and Russia to get worse and worse for the benefit of their Military Industrial Complex backers.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Were going to start an organization like AA called TA

Trump anonymous for all the Trump people to come down after the election

Phone # 666-000-Hillary

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Are they Bilderbergs by chance or in the pocket's of Bilderbergs?

Hillary for the win, yey!!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Give us the list-

Here's the Letter

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
wait, so they think hillary would be less reckless? This foolish statement that they all signed just makes me question their judgment, so why would I trust anything they say, I guess they didn`t get the memo where the F.B.I. officially declared hillary to be "reckless".

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You do not need an expert to tell you this. The guy thinks Iran funds ISIS, has no idea what is going on in Ukraine, wants to give Crimea to Russia not even something China thinks is a good idea, is not sure who the terrorist are or where they are at and had such thin skin other nations be able rattle or manipulate him anytime they want sending him off on crazy town rants making crazy town choices. No surprise the world has such a low opinion of him.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Among the most prominent signatories are Michael V. Hayden, a former director of both the C.I.A. and the National Security Agency; John D. Negroponte, who served as the first director of national intelligence and then deputy secretary of state; and Robert B. Zoellick, another former deputy secretary of state, United States trade representive and, until 2012, president of the World Bank. Two former secretaries of homeland security, Tom Ridge and Michael Chertoff, also signed, as did Eric S. Edelman, who served as Vice President Dick Cheney’s national security adviser and as a top aide to Robert M. Gates when he was secretary of defense.

Well, Negroponte is a technocratic warhawk who doesn't believe any civilian in America has a right to privacy. Zoellick was president of the World Bank and is about as globalist as it gets. Tom Ridge admits to pushing the terror alert level scam leading up to the 2004 election, in which the US' color coded alert system was manipulated to instill fear in voters and win GWB a 2nd term. Edelman is a die-hard neocon. That brings us to Chertoff... Holy God, how happy am I to see this man writing letters against Trump. If there is such a thing as a Liberty-sucking vampire or ghoul in the government, it is surely Chertoff. The primary author of the Patriot Act, the man responsible for the naked body scanners and grope-rape of air travelers, the man who built Homeland Security into an agency more concerned with kicking Americans in the nuts than securing them from external threats. THANK YOU Mr. Chertoff for aligning yourself against Donald Trump... that endorsement of him by you may well be the most important one he's received in his campaign.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
wait, so they think hillary would be less reckless? This foolish statement that they all signed just makes me question their judgment, so why would I trust anything they say, I guess they didn`t get the memo where the F.B.I. officially declared hillary to be "reckless".

They were blind-sided by such wisdom.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well I can at least take comfort that Mr DHS make a motza on scanners Chertoff wont be a Trump employee

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

They are terrified because it would seem in their mind, he is dead set on purging the government of snakes which has become a viper's den.

Check it out America, if the men and women who have been #ting on us for decades are so terrified of this man, that is a GOOD THING! It means they are actually terrified of their gravy train coming to an end. That is a purge I can live with.

Hell, I would support public executions of some of of our Reps knowing their history. But I shall settle for a dearth of "accidental deaths, suicides, and MIA" of a record number of insiders come 2017.

I can almost taste the blood already.

May I also add the list on the first page??

• Donald B. Ayer Former Deputy Attorney General
  • John B. Bellinger III Former Legal Adviser to the Department of State; former Legal Adviser to the National Security Council, The White House
  • Robert Blackwill Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Planning, The White House
  • Michael Chertoff Former Secretary of Homeland Security; former Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division, Department of Justice
  • Eliot A. Cohen Former Counselor of the Department of State
  • Eric Edelman Former Under Secretary of Defense for Policy; former National Security Advisor to the Vice President, The White House
  • Gary Edson Former Deputy National Security Advisor, The White House
  • Richard Falkenrath Former Deputy Homeland Security Advisor, The White House
  • Peter Feaver Former Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council, The White House
  • Richard Fontaine Former Associate Director for Near East Affairs, National Security Council, The White House
  • Jendayi Frazer Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for African Affairs; former Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs
  • Aaron Friedberg Former Deputy National Security Advisor to the Vice President, The White House
  • David Gordon Former Director of Policy Planning, Department of State
  • Michael Green Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Asia, National Security Council, The White House
  • Brian Gunderson Former Chief of Staff, Department of State
  • Paul Haenle Former Director for China and Taiwan, National Security Council, The White House
  • Michael Hayden Former Director, Central Intelligence Agency; former Director, National Security Agency
  • Carla A. Hills Former U.S. Trade Representative
  • John Hillen Former Assistant Secretary of State for Political-Military Affairs
  • William Inboden Former Senior Director for Strategic Planning, National Security Council, The White House
  • Reuben Jeffery III Former Under Secretary of State for Economic Energy and Agricultural Affairs; former Special Assistant to the President for International Economic Affairs, National Security Council, The White House
  • James Jeffrey Former Deputy National Security Advisor, The White House
  • Ted Kassinger Former Deputy Secretary of Commerce
  • David Kramer Former Assistant Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
  • James Langdon Former Chairman, President’s Foreign Intelligence Advisory Board, The White House
  • Peter Lichtenbaum Former Assistant Secretary of Commerce for Export Administration
  • Mary Beth Long Former Assistant Secretary of Defense for International Security Affairs
  • Clay Lowery Former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for International Affairs; former Director for International Finance, National Security Council, The White House
  • Robert McCallum Former Associate Attorney General; former Ambassador to Australia
  • Richard Miles Former Director for North America, National Security Council, The White House
  • Andrew Natsios Former Administrator, U.S. Agency for International Development
  • John Negroponte Former Director of National Intelligence; former Deputy Secretary of State; former Deputy National Security Advisor
  • Meghan O’Sullivan Former Deputy National Security Advisor for Iraq and Afghanistan
  • Dan Price Former Deputy National Security Advisor
  • Tom Ridge Former Secretary of Homeland Security; former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security, The White House; former Governor of Pennsylvania
  • Nicholas Rostow Former Legal Adviser to the National Security Council, The White House
  • Kori Schake Former Director for Defense Strategy, National Security Council, The White House
  • Kristen Silverberg Former Assistant Secretary of State for International Organizations
  • Stephen Slick Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Intelligence Programs, National Security Council, The White House
  • Shirin R. Tahir-Kheli Former Special Assistant to the President and Senior Director for Democracy, Human Rights and International Operations, National Security Council, The White House; former Ambassador and Senior Advisor for Women’s Empowerment, Department of State
  • William H. Taft IV Former Deputy Secretary of Defense; former Ambassador to NATO
  • Larry D. Thompson Former Deputy Attorney General
  • William Tobey Former Deputy Administrator, National Nuclear Security Administration, Department of Energy; former Director for Counter- Proliferation Strategy, National Security Council, The White House
  • John Veroneau Former Deputy U.S. Trade Representative
  • Kenneth Wainstein Former Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism, The White House; former Assistant Attorney General for National Security, Department of Justice
  • Matthew Waxman Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense; former Director for Contingency Planning and International Justice, National Security Council, The White House
  • Dov Zakheim Former Under Secretary of Defense
  • Roger Zakheim Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense
  • Philip Zelikow Former Counselor of the Department of State
  • Robert Zoellick Former U.S. Trade Representative; former Deputy Secretary of State

edit on 8/8/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Well, the fact many were on duty with Bush will likely give Trump voters a sigh of relief.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

They are terrified because it would seem in their mind, he is dead set on purging the government of snakes which has become a viper's den.

Check it out America, if the men and women who have been #ting on us for decades are so terrified of this man, that is a GOOD THING! It means they are actually terrified of their gravy train coming to an end. That is a purge I can live with.

Hell, I would support public executions of some of of our Reps knowing their history. But I shall settle for a dearth of "accidental deaths, suicides, and MIA" of a record number of insiders come 2017.

I can almost taste the blood already.

Sounds like what is happening in the Philippines at the moment and to tell you the truth, most people are supporting what is going on there. Bad people do bad things. Get them off the govt. payroll and off the streets for the others.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

He's running against a woman who broke multiple security protocols and whose indiscretions have cost the life of at least one espionage asset, but he is the one who presents a security risk?

You know, I really don't like Trump and an inclined to vote for a third party candidate, but crap like this just makes me all the more convinced that I should vote for him.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Exactly. Unless you're a globalist, M.I.C. shareholder, or on the payroll of the monster domestic security has become, this letter is a roaring endorsement of Mr. Trump and reflects exactly why many of us are voting for him.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

None of these individuals, including Hillary, am I a fan of.

Granted they are all wanting but that doesn’t mean in the least Trump is qualified or better or not the horrible candidate he is.

That tells us the utter bankruptcy this world is in that one has to support a person like Hillary Clinton over a worst candidate Donald Trump.

Its not much one can do but show Trump’s nature for what it is to try to educate people to the obvious.

Sure Hillary is bad, very bad, but life is filled with the relative compared to Trump Hillary is Joan of Arc

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
You do not need an expert to tell you this. The guy thinks Iran funds ISIS, has no idea what is going on in Ukraine, wants to give Crimea to Russia not even something China thinks is a good idea, is not sure who the terrorist are or where they are at and had such thin skin other nations be able rattle or manipulate him anytime they want sending him off on crazy town rants making crazy town choices. No surprise the world has such a low opinion of him.

Uh huh....so basically, just a bunch of assumptions on your part with a slight twist on reality, stacked up against the other side's candidate who in fact does have American blood on her hands and in fact does and has completed side-business with terrorist states for personal financial gain.

I guess you prefer the assumption Trump thinks Iran funds ISIS rather than the fact Hillary helped send 400M to Iran, or that she enjoys doing business with leadership in countries like Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Kuwait, known sponsors of terrorism.

See, the picture looks quite different when not approached with extreme tunnel vision.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
The argument at this point is so redundant. Trump versus Hillary.

We know Hillary’s fleas but Trump comes up with fleas and all kinds of other bugs daily that always makes a fresh OP

Hillary is the known...typical American deceptive politician. Trump is the known and unknown pit of awfulness that is a risk for power no sane person would take, imho.

Indeed, soon, Trump's own relatives may start telling us to vote for Hillary just to save the countyr
edit on 8-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Like in selling arms to ISIS? Or not backing the few leaders in the middle east we could work with? Or try to influence Israel's election while saying we need to let the Muslim countries be? Or arm the Muslim brotherhood? Or even sell guns to Mexican drug runner's?
edit on 8-8-2016 by neutronflux because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join