It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's Political Truth - A Real Tax Plan hidden behind the protests....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: Aazadan

That's why it needs to end. It's none of the government's business if a family works hard and then passes on what they earned to future generations. People should have a right to do that.

It goes directly counter to the founding ideas of the country that all people have an equality of opportunity. The children of one family always having a leg up on the children of another family is not equality.

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Each generation will rise or fall on its own merits no matter what. If my son can't handle property that he inherits from me he'll squander it without the government's help.

So you support a system where instead of having a society of self made individuals they rely on complacency and their predecessors doing all the work for them?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: BlueAjah

That's why it needs to end. It's none of the government's business if a family works hard and then passes on what they earned to future generations. People should have a right to do that.

It goes directly counter to the founding ideas of the country that all people have an equality of opportunity. The children of one family always having a leg up on the children of another family is not equality.

Each generation will rise or fall on its own merits no matter what. If my son can't handle property that he inherits from me he'll squander it without the government's help.

So you support a system where instead of having a society of self made individuals they rely on complacency and their predecessors doing all the work for them?

That is utter rubbish. All people having an equal opportunity does not mean everyone has to start from the same place. What is it you are talking about? Should passing money on to family be banned? Maybe everyone gets the same starter kit when they are 18.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Running an established company that is a big name in its industry is not being complacent. I always though it was a general consensus that parents wanted better for their kids, and worked to leave them a legacy to grow upon so as to reduce the struggle in life.

Do you support just throwing every individual to the streets at 18 with nothing and say " stop being lazy, go to work because the government needs this money your parents left to you after all their sacrifice." ???

I sure hope you don't support that, or we all may as well just kill ourselves now. Why bother to work if we cannot leave our kids with a less stressful life than we from all the sacrifice we made.

Lets just give it all to the government now then why don't we???

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Running an established company that is a big name in its industry is not being complacent. I always though it was a general consensus that parents wanted better for their kids, and worked to leave them a legacy to grow upon so as to reduce the struggle in life.

Do you support just throwing every individual to the streets at 18 with nothing and say " stop being lazy, go to work because the government needs this money your parents left to you after all their sacrifice." ???

I sure hope you don't support that, or we all may as well just kill ourselves now. Why bother to work if we cannot leave our kids with a less stressful life than we from all the sacrifice we made.

Lets just give it all to the government now then why don't we???

Its actually quite disturbing that a person could think that was what the founding fathers of the country intended. That people could really believe It explains why the country is so ****ed.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

I support a system that lets me save my property then pass it on to my children, or other designees as I see fit, because it is my property to do with as I see fit and not the government's.

It's really none of the government's or your business.

If a person cannot save and pass on the fruits of their hard work, then incentive is eroded. Destroying incentive is cancerous.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

exactly, what incentive is there for an 18 year old to work hard when they know that when they die the government is going to take at least half of everything they worked for.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I support a system that lets me save my property then pass it on to my children, or other designees as I see fit, because it is my property to do with as I see fit and not the government's.

It's really none of the government's or your business.

If a person cannot save and pass on the fruits of their hard work, then incentive is eroded. Destroying incentive is cancerous.

I disagree. Family businesses and such, should end when the person who founded the company either leaves the business or dies. It should not go to their children. While I can certainly understand the feelings involved in this on a micro level, on a macro level it creates business/financial/political dynasties and that goes against the spirit of our nation.

It's on you to teach your child to be a success. It's on them to do it, not to inherit an already successful enterprise.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

They won't take half if you know how to avoid the estate tax. Most of the well established family names you may recognize rarely if ever are subject to this estate tax. Life insurance is one of the most common ways to avoid it. Plus if the person whos name its in is still alive, they can borrow from it.

It is actually also becoming an attractive retirement model as well in the last few years. Many people are taking their IRA's and 401's out upon retirement and then putting it right back into LI.

There is also the incentive of having to survive day to day, thats another reason someone will work.

so what, should we just disband the company and tell the employees they no longer have a job to provide their family with, and the clients and customers they will no longer have access to the reliable and quality product/service? Thats a very noble, if not Communist action to take.
Please elaborate on what happens to the business at this point.
edit on 8/8/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/8/2016 by AmericanRealist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join