It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've had enough of my parents

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

In that case, my apologies for the misunderstanding. Take care.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi
I truly am sorry if it offended you. I hope you have a great day/night, man.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Now who here can explain to me why my RC-135 in my profile signature (below) is cut in half? It's missing it's landing gear for goodness sakes, and it's missing half of it's fuselage! How on earth is it supposed to land like that?
edit on 8-8-2016 by lazyfortress because: typo

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress You may have to resize the picture so it fits the available space.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eeyipes
I'm gonna try that.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
a reply to: paperdoll
What do you mean "hide it"? Cookie isn't abused. We treat Cookie very well. It was my parents' decision to make her an outside dog.

When you said that you were sneaking it in, I thought you meant that you had just got the dog and were sneaking/hiding it. I see now that you have had her a while.

I honestly don't understand why people get dogs if they don't want them in the house. Dogs deserve better than that. She's treated very well, huh? Her being stuck outside constantly and being dragged by her collar rough enough that it makes her yelp doesn't make it seem like she's "treated very well".

Be gentle with her.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
i`m sure they have a good reason for not wanting the dog in the house.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   

you know how you can tell who the poster is just by the title? Yeah.

When i tell my kids to not do something, and they do it anyway, they call me "retarded", too. The oldest is now 24, and he doesn't think im retarded anymore. Funny how a little age, and having to pay your own bills, gives you perspective.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You're awesome.

Yeah...my kid tells me I'm retarded, there's going to be consequences and repercussions. Starting with the internet. Hit em where it hurts.

Anyways, OP, did you really think you could get on a website populated by alt-thinkers, rebels and mostly grown-ass adults and simply think we were just going to drink your kool-aid? We've ALL been uber-smart, misunderstood, rebellious teens and we learned from it. We learned that we weren't as smart as we thought we were....

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

#, I wish I could give you 5 stars but can not so I'll give you 5

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

You dont understand...BECAUSE you are still at home. We all were once. One day itll be your time to get out and do the things that make you happy. Until then? They are your parents...good ones, nutty, outta their minds or smart, concerned or couldnt give a damn...but they are yours.

One day they will be gone and in the ground. You wont be able to see them, talk to them, ask them questions because they will no longer be on this Earth.

After you get out in a few years for college, marriage or shared apartment or camper van, girlfriend or boyfriend, Peace Corp WHATEVER...you can paint your room in YOUR place purple, your hair green...or go to Mexico and live on the beach.

Seriously...one day youll look back...we all have...and about a lot of things...they will have been right...but we all just didnt see it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Dear Lazyfortress - Hi! My dear, you have no friends other than those on ATS. You have such a fascinating hobby and future goal. Don't ever feel alone. I think some on ATS are reacting to some of the things you have said and not grasping who you are. I have the impression that you are not like other kids your age. You are ahead of other kids in terms of knowledge and the ability to grasp concepts. Is that so? Are you off the charts in specific areas? Sometimes kids with the incredible ability to understand lessons beyond what their peers know, and kids who have specialized hobbies and are a "fountain of knowledge" don't have any friends or isolate themselves because they are more adult thinkers. Adult thinkers and still growing emotionally. I think some of the people on this site need to give you some breathing space.

You are quick to apologize, to want to keep your friendships and to learn. You clearly have a love for Cookie and want her to be with you and to be in the house.

It's good to vent because all that chaos and frustration then gets out of your head and you can also get feedback from others. In this case everyone has great advice and experience to share. Your parents love you and are taking care of you - that's what is important and it shows their love and responsibility for you.

Have you ever considered that your dad puts down your interests because he is jealous? Or perhaps he doesn't have a clue what you are talking about? Perhaps he grew up in a home where there was just put downs all the time - maybe he learned to be the exact way. Maybe your Mom is paranoid because she is stressed about being a good Mom and making sure your Dad is happy (which usually means the rest of the family is happy). Regardless, they have emotions and they may be acting inappropriately. Maybe next time someone puts you down or yells at you say something like: "That just hurt my feelings." Or, "Do I come across as a know-it-all to you, because that's not my intention." Make them think about what just came out of their mouth and then maybe, just maybe, it will make them stop and think. Some parents just spill thoughts out of their mouth from struggles in their lives that their kids aren't aware of and it becomes a habit.

I love the idea of a spontaneous action: like taking out the garbage or vacuuming. My child has done that and I've just about said something smart alecky and then realized that what she has just done is a gift to me. And a showing that she "gets it" and my heart just wants to explode with love for her and who she is becoming, as well as utter delight.

You are a good kid. You have an incredible life goal. You can do it! When I was going through a rough time in my late teens I just kept saying to myself, "Just two more years." And then it became, "Just one more year." And then the day was upon me. I had made it and I had learned so much about myself: that I could endure an ugly home situation and survive and finally I was free! Life was so amazing to know I hadn't been crushed mentally and that I now had the whole world ahead of me.

I think you are a very special young man and I am always here to talk to if need be. Hugs to you LazyFortress. And give Cookie a good belly rub from me.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
i`m sure they have a good reason for not wanting the dog in the house.

And what do you consider a "good reason" for leaving a dog outside?

The OP mentioned something about her mom freaking out about hair in the house. Someone who is scared of dog hair shouldn't have a dog. And if it's another reason, again, they shouldn't have the dog. If your dog is not worthy to live in your home, find someone who will give it the love that it deserves..the love that you are incapable of giving it. Do that instead of just tying it up in your backyard to live a life of loneliness and boredom day in and day out. It's not the dog's fault that someone that doesn't really like dogs decides to get one anyway.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Some of you are being complete asses without allowing the OP to elucidate further on how their parents behave. Some parents honestly aren't deserving of being on the idolized social pedestal. Between genuine mental cases & straight-up jerks, there's plenty of Parents of the Year awards not being given out.

Is it possible the OP's parents have mental problems, albeit undiagnosed? Yes, quite possible. From what I'm reading in the OP's responses, the OP is used to being shot down consistently. That to me (and having watched it myself in my SIL's messed up family, and via friends' messed up families) reeks of emotional and/or psychological abuse.
A teenager isn't going to always be able to word something just right like an adult (hell, most of the posters on this site can't even do that as adults) and will be brushed off as a whiny brat as a default.
Quit it.
Just because a kid is housed, fed & not beaten doesn't mean it's peachy on the homefront. Emotional and psychological abuse is, for the most part, invisible. Easy to conceal. If the dad's emotional roller coaster and put-downs say anything, it's hinting at undiagnosed bi-polar disorder (or something very similar) If mom is well & truly paranoid, there's something else to look at. Is it another mental issue? Birds of a feather sometimes. Paranoia over dad escalating/getting in trouble over abusiveness?

The point is, the OP could have very legitimate reasons for the vent, and you're not helping any by being asshats.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude
My account for roblox just got compromised. So I have that going for me. Aaand my dad is home. I do appreciate what my parents have done for me, but I've had enough of their mood swings.

I hate to say this, but you seem to be a teenager. Have you considered that maybe it's not so much their mood swings but your own?

I wasn't any too consistent in my own teen years either, and there is a tendency to project our faults onto others. None is blinder than the one who will not see.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: paperdoll

It is possible that parents love the child enough to allow a dog, but mom is allergic to it? So the compromise is that the dog cannot be in the house.

I love my cats, but I am mildly allergic to them, enough that I cannot allow them into my bedroom. I have to have mostly cat free bedding or I cannot tolerate living with them.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

a reply to: JetBlackStare
Why is everyone saying negative things to me?! What have I done? I've apologized. What more can I do?

Well for starters

Put down the stick!

Yes, parents suck. Even good parents suck when you're a teenager. How you learn to adapt is going to have a great influence on how you mature into adulthood.

You seem to be desperate for attention. I know the need to feel--well, not alone--and to have sympathy from someone who 'understands' what you're going through. The truth is that this almost never really happens in life. And you're almost guaranteed not to find this on ATS.

Remember, this is an opportunity to find a way to cope with frustrations beyond your ability to control. This will be one of the most important life skills you can master.

What you DO have control over: your mind, your attitude, your demeanor, and your reactions. Staying centered is the key. Find a way to ground yourself.

edit on 8-8-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think you guys are being too hard on the kid.

Maybe his dad really is an asshole, and maybe his mom really is a total psycho. I knew lots of parents like that when I was a kid, and I know lots of them now.

It's not like there's a shortage of assholes or psychos in the world. Especially parents these days. Cut the kid some slack, huh?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
I think you guys are being too hard on the kid.

Maybe his dad really is an asshole, and maybe his mom really is a total psycho. I knew lots of parents like that when I was a kid, and I know lots of them now.

It's not like there's a shortage of assholes or psychos in the world. Especially parents these days. Cut the kid some slack, huh?

We're here to offer our best advice, sure.

I doubt very much anyone here is willing to coddle. That is not an effective solution.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

What, so you guys are this kid's parents now?

Gonna set him straight?

Get over yourselves.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join