It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've had enough of my parents

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

You don't have to apologise to me. I'm a stranger on the Internet.

Just try thinking that your folks might have problems that they're not discussing with you.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Them too.

And how all masons are evil.

link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
So are we good? Friends?

In so much as a child and a man can be friends on the internet in a totally non-creepy sort of way.

link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262
OH DEAR GOD, I GET IT. Jesus. I apologized for my behavior. Stop rubbing it in! I already feel bad.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Everyone here has offered you good advice. The reason the advice "all sounds the same" to you is for one simple reason. We all have been through it. We all survived it. We are all good people, for the most part.

Your dad telling you that you won't be able to do something... Either he's a total douche-nozzle, or, maybe this is his way of challenging you. You know, he WANTS you to prove him wrong.

Most parents fight at one time or another. That's life.

I can assure you, they have something that you don't - experience and wisdom. You need to learn very quickly that whining doesn't solve problems. Want to build a part for your Flight sim? Do it.

Unless of course you require funds ($$$) from your parents - then you live by their rules on what they use their money for. Or, you can get a part time job, which would (hopefully) teach you respect, and a bit of responsibility.

This isn't meant to bash you, OP. But we all recognize what you are going through. This isn't a scenario that only affects you... We've all been there. What will differentiate you from everyone else - is how you decide to handle this, and grow as a person. Or not...The ball is truly in your court.

Likely, you will not listen to anyone's advice. You already think you know everything and are an expert in many areas, some even in which you have "FIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE" *chuckle..

It is obvious that you came here for a pity party, and have everyone tell you how horrible your parents are, etc.... Now that people are not responding how you thought they would, you are getting somewhat upset.

That's the way the "mop flops" in life. The sooner you discover that life will not always turn out the way you WANT it to, the better. Otherwise, you will grow up with a warped sense of the world - and maybe end up in prison.

The ball is in your court....

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: justme2
I'm listening to all of your advice. I think you're right on how my dad wants me to prove him wrong. He's not a d-nozzle or whatever. Yes, I do have five years of experience in aircraft and satellites. Mainly aircraft.

Quiz me if you like. I'm not kidding.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Yes, I do have five years of experience in aircraft and satellites. Mainly aircraft.

Quiz me if you like. I'm not kidding.

Sure.

Will my flight be on time next week?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Show me a picture of an aircraft, and I'll tell you the type. Ask me what engines different types of aircraft use. Ask me anything. Ask me about avionics.

I know about satellites, too. Having dealt with frequencies on a scanner, and researched schematics to the point of asking the NRO for a FOIA.

link   

Please remember all the things that you were told here today. Especially the stuff that upset you. the quicker you learn all this, the better off you will be and the easier life will be to deal with. Spend some energy doing something for others. Volunteer helping the elderly, or just go to an old folks home and talk to some people. You can't hurt anything and at worst, you will make a friend, and learn something about someone else who might be a very interesting person.

One day, someone may strike up a conversation with Augustus and he will (in his senile state) blab about where all the bodies are buried.

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Probably not.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Definitely.

Now quiz me, all of you!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the questions to arise. Quiz me dang it. I'll prove to you my worth. Heheh.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I know it may seem like I'm whining. Stop with the negativity. I'm trying to vent. I appreciate what my parents have done for me. But today and last night was enough. I get it. You all hate me for what I've said. I'm sorry.

I'm sorry for what I've said. I was trying to vent out my feelings. Forgive me. I didn't mean to upset you.

I don't hate you. I think you don't know how difficult it is for you Mom and Dad until you have walked a mile in their moccasins.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3
Alright. I got it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Show me a picture of an aircraft, and I'll tell you the type. Ask me what engines different types of aircraft use. Ask me anything. Ask me about avionics.

I know about satellites, too. Having dealt with frequencies on a scanner, and researched schematics to the point of asking the NRO for a FOIA.

name three types of radar used on the C-130.

Who makes the turbo prop engines on the C-130?

What does ADF mean in relation to avionics?

Join the USAF and be com-nav. You can spend 4 years learning all about some fun stuff, see the world, meet some amazing folks, and then go to college on their dime (Your parents will love you for ever)

link   

Probably not.

Well, that was a softball question since I fly out of Newark and the flights are always delayed.

How about something more challenging. Do you think it would be a good idea to start a club for fellow flyers called the 5,280 Feet in the Air Club?

link   
Are you afraid to quiz me or what?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Gave you a star for that one!

Being willing to admit and apologize for negative behavior is the first sign of approaching maturity!

I have a teenage daughter, so I understand the need to "vent", but (as many members replied) ATS is just not the best place to go for the kind of 'understanding' you were looking for -

- it is however, a great place to go for advice, words of wisdom, and benefitting from other's life experience...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: lostgirl

Gave you a star for that one!

Being willing to admit and apologize for negative behavior is the first sign of approaching maturity!

I have a teenage daughter, so I understand the need to "vent", but (as many members replied) ATS is just not the best place to go for the kind of 'understanding' you were looking for -

- it is however, a great place to go for advice, words of wisdom, and benefitting from other's life experience...

translation, letting others screw up and learn from their mistakes, so you don't have to do things the hard way like they did.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I think it's kinda funny how everyone thinks they know your parents are right about everything. I don't know you or your parents.

I might be one of the 1% who's parents turned out to be wrong about everything. You know how people say ignorance is bliss, that is my parents to the T. Willfully ignorant, and are really trying to stay that way because of fear.

I love my parents and all, but they happened to be some of the most brainwashed people i've ever met.

Sometimes you have to take the opportunity to be the bigger person, don't yell back, and lead by example.

My dad and mom both burst into yelling fits when they disagree with my point of view on pretty much anything. I've had them both apologizing to me for acting the way they do. Don't yell back, just shake your head and stay quiet, and calmly explain to them how you feel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join