It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've had enough of my parents

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I wish I still had my parents.
For all of the unloving thoughts/emotions I've ever had about them, I wish I could replace with an outpouring of gratitude and appreciation.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Stop joking in this thread. I want to vent.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Someone needs a hug.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
I'm talking about about my hobbies and scientific facts.. Think before you talk.

Ohhh, in that case I take it back, they are obviously both BB brains.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

My dad lives to prove me wrong, even though I'm 100% correct. He always wants to crush my dreams. Let's use FSX as an example. Some of you may remember the thread about me wanting to create a yoke, or rudder pedals, or a throttle quadrant for Flight Simulator X. Dad was trying to say "You can't do that." "You don't have the materials."

When I want to do something with my website: "Nobody will go to your website."

offer results instead of ideas. Give them a reason to be happy for you instead of that attitude you seem to have that you are smarter then they are. Map out the next 4 or 5 years of your life, show how you are going to get where you want to go, and what you are going to do along the way to ensure that you get there. that is something I still can't get my 25 year old to do. And grow up. I can't stress that one enough. yes, have fun while you are a kid, and don't have regrets about missing out on things, but try to think of how others are affected by your actions. (that is a huge part of growing up)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Their house, their rules. If you don't like them, move out...if you have the means. If not, suck it up until you do have the means to move out.

Also, do you think you're the only one whose parents irritate them?

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of the parents out there annoy the hell out of their kids to one degree or another. And vice versa.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Yes, exactly. They are correct on other things, but the stuff I know about and like to do, they are 99.9% of the time incorrect. I'm giving you a star for your apology.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm giving you a star for your apology.

Thanks, but it was more like a smart ass reply.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
You know what I want to do in life? I want to be the chief engineer at Boeing or Boeing Phantom Works. That's my life goal.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
So what you are saying is, you didn't mean the apology...?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I can't believe this is an ATS thread??

I used to feel the same way living with my parents . They were so controlling and unfair.. No respect for privacy etc .. I would often air my grievances which would start fights and arguments that could be heard round the block.

Eventually they got sick of my $hit and sent me to military school.
After that they just kicked me out of the house.
Later, they sent me to a "rehab" for a year... Then I turned 18 and moved out.

13 years later i would give a lot to Have a free place to live, free food, air conditioning... I was the epitome of spoiled and I had all the comforts.

Like other posters have said , you'll eventually be embarrassed of this thread .

Stop wasting time. Apologize to your parents and thank them for what they give you .

Short of physical/mental abuse , you have no reason to be complaining .

One day you'll have real problems and wish it was as simple as a fight with mom about wanting a puppy.

Oops don't touch that beer you're too young!
edit on 8-8-2016 by SteamyJeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As with most children, I once thought my "modern" education made me intellectually superior to my parents. It took a long time, but it was not until my 30's when I embarrassingly realized the error of my own illusions of grandeur. I had the knowledge of school books, documentaries, and the interwebz, however, my parents far surpassed me with experience and wisdom. I hope you will one day learn this humbling lesson of growth.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans
Root beer?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You again. Same thread as last time. You've obviously got some attitude of your own. Many thousands of people have left home at an early age. You're not stuck there. Just leave. Since you're so smart and all, I'm sure you will do fine on your own. If you continue to "be stuck" and stay, you're obviously getting something out of this partnership with your parents. Whining on ATS and fishing for sympathy is not going to fix your issues. Either stay and play by their rules or have the courage to get out. Those are your choices.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi
Dude. I've studied aircraft, birds, insects, satellites, animals, mathematics, scientific facts, computers and programming for so long.

I've studied aircraft and satellites for over 5 years.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So what you are saying is, you didn't mean the apology...?

Nope.

Your parents have a sh!t ton of something you do not have; experience and wisdom. When you get a little older you will figure this out and perhaps appreciate them just a touch more.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Baldryck
I'm how old? Until I go to college, I'm in this mess for good.

Are you about 13 to 15? You whine like a young teenager.
Go right now and give your mom and dad a hug. Tell them you love them. Treasure your parents while you can, they won't be around for ever.

You don't have to wait until you finish college to move out. I know plenty of kids that worked themselves through school. Hell I did.
It was difficult, but I learned a lot more than the standard class load. I wish I had someone to put me through college.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Reading some of your replies, I'm honestly sorry that I offered you any consolation at all. Please reexamine your position in life, grow up and stop thinking that you know everything. When you've got some years under your belt, then perhaps your perspective will change.

link   
a reply to: schuyler
I get what you guys are saying. I know. "Follow their darned rules." I know. I do. This thread isn't about that. I just want my parents to cool down. I come here for good advice, not to be put down. I've already been put down enough, especially on this one other forum. It may seem like I'm whining. I'm not fishing for sympathy. What the heck are you getting at? I follow their rules. I don't want to run away. I just wish that they could act "better" if you would.

link   
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S. Thompson

Best leave before you take HST's advise!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join