It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Denial: Why?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Can you quote anyone who actually denies the climate changes?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

ut that's not the truth. We CAN do something about the carbon emissions, and ocean pollution, and ozone layer, and bees dying, and cancer in Chernobyl or Syria. Yes. WE CAN do something. Right now.

Not if the root cause is not those things. We are being forced, in the main, to be accepting an idea that a huge amount of science rejects. The media is making us eat this with our damn breakfast, and there is NO OTHER side being represented! NOT ONE!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye
My Government listened to the prediction that more rain will fall as the climate change, they started upgrading the severs in almost the entire country of Denmark 10 years ago to cope with the increased rain.

That was a smart move to avoid flooding's, because today one front of torrential rainfall after the other is bombarding the country, every summer since 10 years ago has become worse and worse.

This summer has been warm but wet, with constant warnings of severe weather in the form of massive thunderstorms covering the whole country, localized thunder storms belongs to the past.

Not to mention that we have no winter anymore, i haven't seen snow in years, we used to have frozen sea, i know because i have sailed for twenty years in the northern hemisphere, with a constant battle with sea ice in winter time, today we can't even skate on the lakes as they do not freeze over.

Scandinavia has very clearly gotten warmer

sorry if I disagree, but Scandinavia is a beautiful place and the only thing it has going against it is the cold weather, so AGW will make your home a year round paradise. (just don't tell anyone or they will all come live there)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: CranialSponge

So now what ?!

Exactly!!! What do we do now, regardless of the causes? Obviously the last Ice Age was not caused by human activity. Neither was the Dinosaur extinction.

But, yeah - this time we are aware, and we know we have at least A TINY BIT of control/influence on how bad it gets.

People act like it's not worthwhile.

(Six words).

When you or any other militant AGWer can a answer this one question with something to back it up, we can start mandating things and be aggressive on the fix. Now for the question:

What percentage is man responsible for the current warming? (remember, back it up with facts if you answer)
edit on 8-8-2016 by network dude because: made question more noticeable.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
No one can answer that question, and therein lies the problem.

Some have tried though.
99.999% certainty humans are driving global warming: new study

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Higher temperatures as a result of industrialisation blamed for the acceleration,

Sea levels rising at fastest rate in 2,800 years due to global warming, studies show

Are there any other suggestions on the table? Nibiriu or something? Flat earth's Mandala Effect maybe?

C'mon! That's all you've got?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Why cut that study off at 2,800 years? Why not go back further?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

We CAN do something about the carbon emissions, and ocean pollution, and ozone layer, and bees dying, and cancer in Chernobyl or Syria. Yes. WE
CAN do something. Right now.

......make a freaking EFFORT, right now.
And leave a healthy planet to our kids and future generations.

Yep! Taking care of this pollution in Beijing, for one thing (besides our trees, our water) will eliminate their west coast USA pollution.

Taking care of this pollution in China could help with health effects. There and here.
from China Prenatal Exposure to Pollution May Increase Autism Risk in Children

ETA Drop all talk of "global warming" and "climate change" now, no more threads here even, and focus on clean air and water and healthy natural resources (such as trees). Let local communities (like Miami) take care of their rising sea levels, lack of snow, torrential rain, and extreme heat.
edit on 8-8-2016 by desert because: ETA

ETA2 Think of all the corporate money that could be saved by not having to pay industry global warming/climate change debunkers, too.
edit on 8-8-2016 by desert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here's a little more on Climate Change failures. The amazing thing to me is that here we are at a conspiracy site where the most amazing (and idiotic) conspiracies are maintained: Mandela Effect, Chemtrails. You name it and someone or some group will buy off on it. But when it comes to Climate Change, it's like everyone has turned into a hypnotized Eloi and believe anything the MSM says about Climate Change. This next graph shows you how climate change projections have missed the mark:

The predictions are only as good as the models, and many predictions give you a false sense of accuracy, just like spreadsheets will give you the wrong answer to eight places past the decimal. It's a classic case of GIGO: Garbage In; Garbage Out. If your data are wrong or cooked or misleading on the first place, your projections are worthless. Sensationalistic "2015 was the Hottest. Year. Ever!" headlines aside, you can see that the predictions here have not been fulfilled.

Here's one of many graphs that shows how temperature swings are quite normal:

Indeed, we are still coming out of the "Little Ice Age" where temperatures have actually been unusually cold. And here's a long-term graph that shows the overall trend is down, not up.

Indeed, we may very well be headed for a new ice age because, given the past ones, we're due. If this is true, pouring some more CO2 into the atmosphere may be a very good thing and the only way we can stave it off. After all, CO2 is plant food. That's why we had 60 foot tall Bracken Ferns in the past. We can grow bigger plants and more food. But looking at that graph, we're headed the wrong way.

So it may be we have a choice. We can flood a few coastal cities with rising sea levels, or we can cover some continents with 5,000 foot thick glaciers. Which do you think would be a better choice?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

But generally I tend to believe the scientists when it comes to climate change/global warming. I use nasa a lot, but then I dig deeper and find almost every single university science department at every single university and college in the world believes the same thing. It doesn't mean that they are correct...

but if they are all wrong, then ...well it boggles the mind. How can millions of scienctists and science industry staff all be wrong...or....worse....How can they all be in on the biggest conspiracy known to man?

When it comes to other conspiracies...they are generally smaller. Roswell...it's dozens of people that would have had to be in on it. maybe 50 tops. JFK multiple shooters...again...a few dozen people. But this climate thing would be much, much larger.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

The climate changes, sure. Did man cause the climate to change? No. Did man have a small effect on the climate changing? Maybe. Does it matter if it heats up by 1.8C every hundred years? No.

Why should I be worried about the climate warming? Warmth is good for the human race.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

It's like you show all this info an stuff...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

“There’s no question that the 20th century is the fastest.

“It’s because of the temperature increase in the 20th century which has been driven by fossil fuel use.”

Doesn't help selling fuel, does it?

A separate, not-yet-published study by Kopp and others found that since 1950 about two-thirds of the US coastal floods in 27 locales were linked to manmade warming.

Heck. Must be Nibiru or something, let's just ignore their work and demand some data from... say... a few 1000 years ago? Well, ok then.
Carbon dioxide is usually connected to rising temperatures, we agree on that? Yes, there's room for debate why we saw high concentrations in earths atmosphere on a regular basis. Point being, we're still talking about carbon dioxide. Are we not?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

www.ncdc.noaa.gov...

Kinda funny that you failed to mention that, innit? C'mon!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

A separate, not-yet-published study by Kopp and others found that since 1950 about two-thirds of the US coastal floods in 27 locales were linked to manmade warming.

I see, cause a five inch rise lead to all these floods. Makes total sense. How about, more people live on the coast now more than ever so more people get flooded? I would love to see data on house fires for homes built in active volcanoes.

I am in the camp of wanting it to get warmer so I kind of hope it is all true. But I do not think man is as responsible for the climatic changes as we are given credit for.

Do I think we need to do our best to curb pollution? Of course. Do I think there is a good deal of data discrepancies in placing the blame on man's activities? Of course.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Forget the charts and diagrams. Forget the whole thing. Concentrate on getting rid of air pollution in, say, Salt Lake City

and the Grand Canyon

I won't even begin showing water pollution pix. lol Just check out Rio, for ex!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Because climate change is a tax scheme and I don't want to give the idiots in power anymore taxes to waste.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But I do not think man is as responsible for the climatic changes as we are given credit for.

Of course you don't. Man isn't responsible at all and even if so we couldn't change a thing either. Right?

Sorry to break it to you, but flat out denial is just flat out denial. Which is fine if you work for Shell, I guess...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Sorry to break it to you, but flat out denial is just flat out denial. Which is fine if you work for Shell, I guess...

Hold on just a god damn minute, it is the frigging global energy companies that are forcing the industrialised nation's governments into buying the carbon emission permits from the poor, WTF are you even trying to say?

They are propagating the way to fix this with false data. It all makes sense if you are making money!

edit on 8-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:32 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

You realise that you are being taken in the direction of there being no response to climate change, right?

No. Not right.

There are responses, and engineers and scientists working on this stuff.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it is not happening.

Continue on with my deadliest nightmare, I'll grant you that engineers can do great things with a spanner and a schematic, however can you tell exactly what the scientific plan is, is it to do with climate change?

Not much given out to other scientific skeptics by Gavin Scmitt, climategate, now head of GISS,

He doesn't think to much about Texans either, (BTW he's English) not from NY.

www.climatedepot.com... e/
The video,

Now just to confuse, this video about TV edit, sound and vision, (even though it's presented in this particular youtube page as an admission of AGW fraud by Ben Santer IPCC) saying that deletions were made in an IPCC report, (see the way it works in the smoke and mirrors) first or second or third, and so on, and made it in the end as some kind of apochrypa, essentially another name on the IPCC list of consenting scientists to the IPCC, no matter their actual opinion.

the narrator is actually neutral...in the main...possibly, maybe not?
Go for it! you might even get an Emmy as long as there is some real meat on the table.

edit on 8-8-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join