It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Denial: Why?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
As a codicil how about we actually enforce the rules rather than running to congress, parliament, or whatever representation we have, to change it for corporate benefits?

Yes. We have regulations, which is why the siren song with lyrics of "deregulation" and "horrible EPA job" has been put out there in order to make voters angry about the very govt that has regulations to protect them. Corporate benefits over people benefits. The nine most terrifying words are, "I will deregulate and make government smaller for you."

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: desert

originally posted by: Jonjonj
As a codicil how about we actually enforce the rules rather than running to congress, parliament, or whatever representation we have, to change it for corporate benefits?

Yes. We have regulations, which is why the siren song with lyrics of "deregulation" and "horrible EPA job" has been put out there in order to make voters angry about the very govt that has regulations to protect them. Corporate benefits over people benefits. The nine most terrifying words are, "I will deregulate and make government smaller for you."

Here is a thought for those still arguing:

Do you trust your government representatives with regards to your best interests.

Do you trust your government representatives with regards lawmaking that affects the planet.

I reckon I should just leave it there.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

We can focus on Climate change and all the other problems at the same time.

But therein lies the problem.

Apparently our representatives (you know, those ones that make all the laws and policies) can not.

And not only are they not able to focus on more than one thing or the right things or even capable of prioritizing anything properly.... they're in bed with the very corporations that corruptly ignore any and all environmental regulations !

So now what ?!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

So now what ?!

Exactly!!! What do we do now, regardless of the causes? Obviously the last Ice Age was not caused by human activity. Neither was the Dinosaur extinction.

But, yeah - this time we are aware, and we know we have at least A TINY BIT of control/influence on how bad it gets.

People act like it's not worthwhile.

(Six words).

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: CranialSponge

So now what ?!

Exactly!!! What do we do now, regardless of the causes? Obviously the last Ice Age was not caused by human activity. Neither was the Dinosaur extinction.

But, yeah - this time we are aware, and we know we have at least A TINY BIT of control/influence on how bad it gets.

(Six words).

We are not going to stop climate change.

We will need to adapt and try to survive, if the inevitable were to happen on our watch.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

We aren't? okay, say we aren't......WHY?

Because we can't? No - that's not the answer. We can do things NOW to mitigate the consequences.

If you're too lazy, then own it.
If you don't care,
or are a pessimist,
or are a filthy reach Koch or oil-baron......

whatever it is; just OWN IT!!!! Say: yeah, that's what I think, and that's why, and that's me!

edit on 8/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge

We can focus on Climate change and all the other problems at the same time.

But therein lies the problem.

Apparently our representatives (you know, those ones that make all the laws and policies) can not.

And not only are they not able to focus on more than one thing or the right things or even capable of prioritizing anything properly.... they're in bed with the very corporations that corruptly ignore any and all environmental regulations !

So now what ?!

Well, here's my solution. Why not focus on an outcome that's more specific? Say, removing laws that make it hard or impossible for homeowners to install and save money on Solar panels. Or Ban Fracking. One thing at a time will work as well. The problem is that we get so much blow back on all the small specific things.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

You realise that you are being taken in the direction of there being no response to climate change, right?

I often think that there was a technological society before the last ice age, and they found no other way to share their knowledge but by carving it in stone.

Wonder what we should carve in stone this time?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Kinda like we aren't going to reform government?

"Stay in school. Learn the system. Then change the system."

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

You realise that you are being taken in the direction of there being no response to climate change, right?

No. Not right.

There are responses, and engineers and scientists working on this stuff.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it is not happening.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The Data is Inconclusive , Undefinable , and subject to Misinterpretation by those who have Political Agendas .

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Climate will change regardless. Say the reality is the Earth's mean temperature is actually falling and not rising? What then? How do we reverse that?

As I said man made pollution of land and sea needs to be addressed, air quality too.

I appreciate there are environmental issues that need to be dealt with as soon as. However, many can be dealt with on a local level, where there is a will.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

No. Not right.

There are responses, and engineers and scientists working on this stuff.

Just because you don't know about it doesn't mean it is not happening.

There is no way we can change a planetary scale change, we can only try to deal with the repercussions.

Think about this for a moment.

Imagine that we are moving through a cloud of interstellar dust that we are unaware of, and that dust blocks sunlight 10%, what can we possibly do?

We can do absolutely nothing, but we can argue about it till we die.

Until we have all the evidence, and not just the evidence from those who choose to make money off it, we can do nothing. And then, after all that, we might STILL not be able to do anything, because it is a universal and not an Earth-centric situation.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I do understand your hope for a way out though. I also hope there is a way out.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

(Six words).

I vehemently disagree.

(three words)

We (the so-called "deniers") do give a damn.

(8 words)

We give a damn about the environment. We give a damn about living cleaner. We give a damn about the corrupt bastards that aren't doing anything about it.

We give a damn.

What we don't give a damn about is whether or not the fricken temperature changed a percentage of a degree over the last 100 years and whether or not how much of it is our fault.

We have far bigger fish to fry at the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Well, here's my solution. Why not focus on an outcome that's more specific? Say, removing laws that make it hard or impossible for homeowners to install and save money on Solar panels. Or Ban Fracking. One thing at a time will work as well. The problem is that we get so much blow back on all the small specific things.

Now now, don't be trying to inject simple common sense solutions.

Our representatives might break out in a rash and have to drown themselves in Zoloft cocktails.

Hubby and I have been eyeballing solar roof shingles (they replace regular roof shingles) for years... but our hydro company would penalize us for trying to reduce our on-grid energy consumption.

Go figure.

It's all about the money, honey.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   

There is no way we can change a planetary scale change, we can only try to deal with the repercussions.

Think about this for a moment.

Precisely what I'm saying, and asking the board to do. Thanks!

Imagine that we are moving through a cloud of interstellar dust that we are unaware of, and that dust blocks sunlight 10%, what can we possibly do?

We can do absolutely nothing, but we can argue about it till we die.

But that's not the truth.

We CAN do something about the carbon emissions, and ocean pollution, and ozone layer, and bees dying, and cancer in Chernobyl or Syria. Yes. WE
CAN do something. Right now.

Until we have all the evidence, and not just the evidence from those who choose to make money off it, we can do nothing. And then, after all that, we might STILL not be able to do anything, because it is a universal and not

Excuse is just an excuse.

No.
I reject that.
We have enough evidence to make a freaking EFFORT, right now.
And leave a healthy planet to our kids and future generations.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Oh, there is climate change, but it's not human in origin, You can't blame humans for the ice caps melting on mars.

Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says
Kate Ravilious
for National Geographic News
February 28, 2007
Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

Just a theory to some, but I think it's the cause.
edit on 8-8-2016 by laughingdog because: Added more content.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

But the ozone layer is recovering. Nobody knows why the bees are dying. Chernobyl and Syria are well...lets leave those aside.

Carbon emissions are money. There is a literal relationship between the two, Might as well say lets ban money! Hey I am in agreement!

Ocean pollution is mostly caused by...guess what...companies that use carbon based products.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think this could be a troll thread because the OP is so all over the place with no substance! Just come on, you are not thinking right! Duh! You think like this (insert incorrect/untrue statement), so therefore you must be stupid, if you try harder you won't think like you (don't) do.

First of all no-body says the climate doesn't change, I've never seen it... They say that we're not to blame but never that it just doesn't change. We point to ice-core samples and such that prove ice ages and warm periods have happened before we even existed, so therefore we can't be to blame. Then the climate pushers will say "ahhh yes that's true, but we're making it happen faster!" Hmmmm okay so just how fast is it going now and how fast did it go before? Of course, these questions they can't answer but they know absolutely that it's faster and we are to blame.

It's just non-sense on a logical level, before we even get into the data!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join