It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change Denial: Why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

May I ask the reason that you are resisting the idea of Climate Change? Why must you denounce and deny it?

There is no denying the reality of Climate Change it is in the geological record , Climate Change exists.
The question is are we the cause of Climate Change and many including myself are not convinced that a case has been made to support that claim.

edit on 8-8-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

link   
Six words or less...

Don't worry, nature has a way.

Side note: Almost finished reading State of Fear, really puts perspective on this thread.

link   
a reply to: network dude

Yeah, but - I got people to respond and to provide input.

I was really nice about it, too. I understand that people have opinions about it. I just want to know WHY. I want to know if they think anything at all, if they think it's hopeless, if they think about options and ideas?

Am I wrong for writing a title that got some answers?

edit on 8/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You're wrong for assuming your right first and then coming in here looking for people to look down on.

"I'm only trying to expand the horizons and get them to think."

"Sean Hannity and his type don't THINK.
sigh. "

You are so sure YOU are right that you don't see the need to expand your own mind and understand that your attitude and delivery only hurt your message, there are plenty of factors involved I'm sure you don't understand, and you come across as arrogant either because you are or because you don't really care about having a conversation - you just wanted to create a barrel to shoot some climate change denying fish in.

Your cause it a good one but it's been muddled by politics and taken over to the point it no longer resembles the sincere concern for the planet you have. Read the post from earlier where the law was cut down because it lowered taxes in other areas to make up for the carbon tax. They wouldn't have it because the point is to make $$$$$$$$.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Because we care about it and we can do something about it.
Or, suffer the consequences.

That's why.
Are you new? (No. You're not. So if this is your "style" of 'humor...it' is not working for me.)
edit on 8/8/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: face drink

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We have dominion over the Earth. Anything we ****up will be repaired by Jesus and the angles.

Genesis 1:26

biblehub.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Anything we ****up will be repaired by Jesus and the angles.

The Jesus part I understand but how is geometry going to fix this?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

Am I wrong for writing a title that got some answers?

I would say no as long as you take the time to read and UNDERSTAND the other points of view. That's why there is a difference between a lecture and a conversation. Have a nice day.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I have never denied that our climate is changing.
I have also never felt that it has been proven man has caused the change.
That does not mean I don't care about the planet or its future.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Perhaps by sacrificing a hecatome?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

oops....these guys!!

It's just part of the apocoliptom Rev. Carl talks about.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Bennyzilla

You are so sure YOU are right that you don't see the need to expand your own mind and understand that your attitude and delivery only hurt your message, there are plenty of factors involved I'm sure you don't understand, and you come across as arrogant either because you are or because you don't really care about having a conversation - you just wanted to create a barrel to shoot some climate change denying fish in.

Not at all!

Now you are projecting.

I have fully acknowledged that whether or not humans "caused" it, it is happening. And also how what humans "do now" can help reduce the devastation's speed. We know this.

Projecting much?

If you deny it, say why. That's all it was.
So far I have seen only one person who just came out and said "BECAUSE IT'S BULL#"

So - all of us seem to agree that it is, in fact, happening. The question remains - what do we do about it?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
On a more serious note, I think I'd rather believe NASA than BP or Exxon researchers.

climate.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Well, aren't we full of ourselves today

So your daughter managed to get through college, so have millions of other Americans. How does this qualify or validate any of your opinions?

It doesn't.

You're irrelevant, you're opinions are irrelevant. The same as everyone else, welcome to Earth.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

So your daughter managed to get through college, so have millions of other Americans. How does this qualify or validate any of your opinions?

It doesn't.

You're irrelevant, you're opinions are irrelevant. The same as everyone else, welcome to Earth.

What? LOL!!! Really? So working scientists and engineers are irrelevant?
What an idiotic thing to say.

Yeah, it does matter that the Millennials are educated engineers and scientists who are figuring out what to do. Her qualifications make it relevant. The science makes it relevant.

REALLY?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: Jonjonj

I do! So - you deny climate change? And if not, what should we do if anything....and if you do (deny it), should things just continue on as per status quo?

I tried to answer quite a few times about what we should do.

1: Stop using polluting carbon as a commodity.

2: Stop using false or unproven/disputed data to prove a point that is in dispute.

3: Stop the MSM ridicule of anybody who suggests there are other reasons worthy of study regarding climate change.

4: Start using technology worldwide that is already invented but not "economically viable" such as wind power, solar power and the many other technologies that are simply not promoted.

5: Rethink the whole idea of money as the driving force behind advancement.

See how deep this goes once you start to think about it?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Yes, my friend, I see how deep it goes. Was honestly just trying to get the dialogue started. Soon the trolls will become bored....and we can all talk.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Easy. God used calipers to create it.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I don't think you know what projecting means.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join