It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quotes of the day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
To mix it up, there are some funny ones among the 'deeper' ones. Authors provided if I have them.

The part of a man's religion that he finds convenient is the part that he'll never drop. — A. A. Horn

Any fool can have bad luck; the art consists in knowing how to exploit it. — Frank Wedekind

To err is human; to really screw things up requires a computer.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

If you teach children how to think, then you won't have to tell them what to think. - W. J. Gadpaille

Why do so many people think that "freedom" means "irresponsibility"?

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer. - Douglas Adams

A lot of gay men stay in the closet because they're probably interested in fashion, and want to check out the clothes. - George Carlin

Knowledge can create problems, but ignorance cant solve them. — Isaac Asimov

The greatest educational fallacy is the belief that what must be learned, can certainly be taught. — Sydney J. Harris

If you seek only earthly pleasures, the mirror will reflect a pale face and a degenerating body.

The height of embarrassment is when two sets of eyes meet peeking through a keyhole.

You'll probably never meet anyone who is too busy to stop and tell you how busy they are.

Always go to other people's funerals, otherwise they won't come to yours. - Yogi Berra

Being stupid is no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid and it makes me sad - Sheldon Cooper

To stand still is to fall behind. — M. L. Marshall

When life hand you lemons, make lemonade. When life hands you potatoes, make vodka!

I think the worst time to have a heart attack is during a game of charades. - Demetri Martin

A hazy memory is still better than the clearest photograph.

The greatest sorrows are contained in the biggest hearts.

An excellent plumber is infinitely more admirable than an incompetent philosopher. The society which scorns excellence in plumbing because plumbing is a humble activity, and tolerates shoddiness in philosophy because it is an exalted activity, will have neither good plumbing nor good philosophy. Neither its pipes nor its theories will hold water. — John W. Gardner

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"I want to like people, but they're so ****ing stupid"...... felicia

edit on 8-8-2016 by olaru12 because: see what you did?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." – Bertrand Russell

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:44 PM
link   
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society." - M. Twain

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   

The mind of America is seized by a fatal dry rot - and it's only a question of time before all that the mind controls will run amuck in a frenzy of stupid, impotent fear.

HST

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
"If at first you don't succeed try again...

Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."

-W.C. Fields

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

"Life is hard; it's even harder when you're stupid."
-John Wayne

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
"How much could that possibly hurt?" - DBCowboy

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

"Smell this."
- . . . .

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
“I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.” W C Fields

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To the man who only has a hammer, everything he encounters begins to look like a nail.
—Abraham Maslow

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
A quote from a great man that often resonates on ATS!

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject (Winston Churchill)

top topics

join