It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey, Humpty Dumpty, and the Political Body Snatchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
Four-score Men and Four-score more,
Could not make Humpty Dumpty where he was before.

Indeed the age-old nursery-Rhyme is a perfect analogy for the Turkish state at present.

Is Turkey now, because of the recent coup and other issues, the proverbial Humpty dumpty which cannot be put back together?

Turkey was the hope of the ME and the world as an example of a successful Muslim democratic state amongst problem governments of the ME.

Erdogan, the almost hapless, mistake ridden leader who allied with those who wanted to destroy Syria and upend the rule of Bashar al Assad, is now in a massive purge of his governmental and societal structure.

In response, Erdogan and his government are carrying out a purge of everybody from soldiers to teachers connected in any way to the movement of the US-based cleric Fethullah Gulen accused of organising the coup attempt.

Among media outlets closed in the past few days are 45 newspapers, 16 TV channels – including a children’s channel – and 23 radio stations. People fearful of being implicated in the plot have been hurriedly disposing of Gulenist books and papers by burning them, throwing it into rivers or stuffing them into rubbish bins.

www.counterpunch.org...

Additionally, Erdogan is courting of all countries; Russia….He is due to be in Russia tomorrow.

Apparently there is a probability that the Muslim cleric Fethullah Gulen was indeed behind the coup, according to many impartial observers.

“I don’t have any doubt that the brain and backbone of the coup were the Gulenists,” says Kadri Gursel, usually a critic of the government. He adds that he is astonished by the degree to which the Gulenists were able to infiltrate and subvert the armed forces, judiciary and civil service.

The closest analogy to recent events, he says, is in the famous 1950s film Invasion of the Body Snatchers, in which aliens take over an American town without anybody noticing until it is almost too late.

Bottom line Turkey is a mess and disintegrating and is likely to reach other accommodations (likely with Russia and Iran) with the West because practically all, including Erdogan himself, believe the US was in on the coup!

Erdogan feels boxed in by the West and has to make friends somewhere.

The question is though, with Erdogan expelling 40 percent of his military generals from service and a massive amount of civil servants as well…can he ever put humpty dumpty back together, that is the vaunted, up until now, powerful Turkish state.

edit on 8-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There are rumors of a connection between Gulen and Hillary/Huma Abedin.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
There are rumors of a connection between Gulen and Hillary/Huma Abedin.

Oh really...got a link?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell
ATS Post in elouina's thread
Wikileaks intimates that there is a connection.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Gulen is a traitor, Erdogan is a tyrant & the coup masters were desperate for theocracy...

I'd hardly call Turkey Democratic or ever think of it as a shining beacon of light towards the Middle East.

It's a #ing mess.
edit on 8-8-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The Daily Caller claims there is a Clinton-Gulen connection.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
ATS Post in elouina's thread
Wikileaks intimates that there is a connection.

The problem with this theory is that the Erdogan is an ally of the Muslim brotherhood that’s why the Egyptians hate him and he hates them.

Hillary supporting Gulen against Erdogan, an ally of the MB, doesn't connect to any logic.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Putting the Humpty back into the Dumpty is a re-build and it may actually be what is in store for Turkey's future . "IF" what has happened is to be blamed on Washington ,then you got to think that the plan didn't include Turkey in a good way or at least from a Turkish way of looking at it . We will just say that Turkey may have been part of the plan to weaken the regional powers and end up carving Turkey along with Syria and Iraq into smaller parts .

One thing is certain and that DOG heading off to Russia doesnt look very good for Washington and NATO along with other western powers .....

The importance of this meeting for Turkey is being stressed by the fact that Erdogan is going to leave Turkey to take this trip, in spite of the extremely complicated domestic situation that his country faces. This shows that Ankara is truly interested in the restoration of multi-dimensional partnership with Russia. It’s no wonder that the Foreign Policy would note that the St. Petersburg meeting is more than just another summit – it is the opening ceremony for a broader Turkish tilt toward Moscow. And it’s perfectly logical since Erdogan’s internal policies are making Ankara gravitate towards Moscow with an increasing speed. Its been noted that for the past two weeks a steady parade of Turkish ministers have flown to Moscow to lay the groundwork – confirmation that the Turkish-Russian relationship, on ice for the past eight months, is headed for a summer thaw. The aftermath of the recent failed military coup, that was prepared by the CIA in a bid to put an end to Erdogan’s political career and, quite possibly, his life has pushed Turkey away from the West and toward Russia From the outset of the coup Putin offered his support for Erdogan, in contrast to Secretary of State John Kerry’s initial equivocations. Predictably, that contrast has only grown sharper over the past two weeks: while Russia has raised no objections to Erdogan’s attempt to locate Gulen’s supporters in the key government institutions, the West has regularly criticized his crackdowns, with Kerry even threatening Turkey’s membership in NATO. journal-neo.org...
It could be that Turkey is going to try and dodge a possible future bullet with a good will connection to Russia and avoid all of the covert stuff the west has been offering . A bird in the hand is worth two in a bush as they say .

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Hillary supporting Gulen against Erdogan, an ally of the MB, doesn't connect to any logic.

Hillary does not operate on logic, she operates on payments.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Gulen is a traitor, Erdogan is a tyrant & the coup masters were desperate for theocracy...

I'd hardly call Turkey Democratic or ever think of it as a shining beacon of light towards the Middle East.

It's a #ing mess.

Everything is relative. Compared to the rest of the ME Turkey many felt was a paragon of democracy

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

It's a #ing mess.

Everything is relative. Compared to the rest of the ME Turkey many felt was a paragon of democracy

Their standards are too low, Will.

In my opinion.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I totally agree. This development is a boon to Syria and Russia. Another example of bungling neo-con foreign mistakes of ass Hole Obama and the Skull n Bones Kerry.

A good thing in this regard...

If they were in on that coup it is a colossal mistake but the US is capable of such

And their foul reputation precedes them therefore the Turks justifiably think the US was in on it

The point of Gulen is that he is a CIA asset

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Is Turkey now, because of the recent coup and other issues, the proverbial Humpty dumpty which cannot be put back together?

Does it really matter? The more divided the state the more useless the resistance to it.

Besides who is going to stop the US military at their base in southern turkey with dozens of nuclear weapons stored there?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think Turkey (land of Magog) is going through a transformation. See this thread: My last two posts on pg 2.

I think Erdogan might be in line to become the 7th head just before Apollyon returns as the 8th head. Turkey is Magog. Apollyon, the Beast is Gog. The city on 7 Hills is Istanbul/Constantinople. The land of Turkey is the revival of Eastern Rome.

Rev 17:9The seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman sits, 10and they are seven kings; five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; and when he comes, he must remain a little while.11“The beast which was and is not, is himself also an eighth and is one of the seveneighth and is one of the seven, and he goes to destruction. 

edit on 8-8-2016 by BELIEVERpriest because: boldes txt

top topics

join