It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Examples of the Clinton Pay-for-Play Corruption Operation

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
In an article I was reading about how poorly Clinton performed, as a New York State Senator, in stimulating job growth...something else jumped out at me. Her claims to be trying to create jobs, were just a smokescreen for a couple of the Clinton "Pay-for-Play" corruption schemes.

And...apparently...it was all hidden in plain view!

In the Senate, for instance, Clinton struck up a relationship with Corning – an upstate glass and high-tech product manufacturer. The Post reports that while Clinton helped steer money to Corning through legislation and federal grants, Clinton’s efforts did not reverse the economic decline of Steuben County, where Corning is based. Meanwhile, employees of the company have donated to Clinton’s campaign; the company paid $225,500 for her to speak in 2014; the chief executive co-hosted a 2015 fundraiser for her; and the company has given over $100,000 to the Foundation, the Post reported.

Nice work Bill and Hillary...get Corning a boatload of money, and they will send a bunch of it back to you in the form of speaking fees, fundraisers and donations to the Clinton Slushfund.

Just a coincidence right? Hardly...

Clinton also cited her role in creating an “eBay university” to train budding entrepeneurs to sell products on eBay. The relationship with the company followed a similar pattern – then-CEO John Donahoe hosted a 2015 fundraiser for Clinton; eBay paid $315,000 for a 20-minute Clinton speech in 2015; and eBay’s charitable wing gave more than $50,000 to the Foundation.

Open and Obvious Clinton Corruption

Right out in the open...two obvious examples of corruption. How many (dozens) more instances like these two exist?

Why isn't the MSM all over this? Why is anybody still intending to vote for this person?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

Look, I'm not trying to defend Hillary Clinton, but I would like a little context. Does anyone know what is the standard pay for famous people who speak or perform at events? For example, the RNC offered to pay Justin Bieber 6 million for a 20 minute performance at their convention. Is that evidence of some sort of attempted corruption?

Also, are there any statistics on senators representing the business interests of their constituents, through legislation and federal grants, like Senator Clinton did with Corning? It seems pretty common practice to me, across the board.

edit on 8-8-2016 by windword because: 20 minute

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Try taking a look at the intersection of the highly suspicious death of JFK, Jr., who was planning on running for the NY Senate seat that the carpetbagging non-resident Hillary ultimately got...

As usual, everything Hillary does is just a steppingstone to the next prize; marrying Bill was supposed to get her the Oval Office, because Bill was supposed to be such a great president, we'd want eight more years of Hillary. He sabotaged her on that one with Lewinsky though. Given his inability to control his zipper, she should have seen that coming (ouch).

Her Senate seat was to gain her some gravitas and also give Bill carte blanche to go out there and give speeches and promise donors favors from Hillary; ditto her State Department gig. The Oval Office will be the biggest prize of all. Expect her to sell off far more than Uranium to Russia if she has half a chance.

I have to wonder, watching her campaigning lately; she's nearly 70 years old, obviously exhausted, can't overcome a whackadoodle opponent in the polls, and she spends her day pretending to adore the unwashed masses, yelling into a microphone and traveling incessantly. Who in god's name would choose that life unless they were being driven to it? Does she HAVE to, because of all the promises she's made? When is the devil going to come along to claim her soul, because she obviously sold it quite a while back?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Makes you wonder what she would do for those foreign interests in Saudi Arabia and Afghanistan. You know the same 2 countries that breed terrorism.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They aren't paying her to come to their conference and speak, she was going to show up anyway. They are paying her to leave.

Joking aside, she may be the worst women in politics.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Look, I'm not trying to defend Hillary Clinton, but I would like a little context. Does anyone know what is the standard pay for famous people who speak or perform at events? For example, the RNC offered to pay Justin Bieber 6 million for a 20 minute performance at their convention. Is that evidence of some sort of attempted corruption?

Also, are there any statistics on senators representing the business interests of their constituents, through legislation and federal grants, like Senator Clinton did with Corning? It seems pretty common practice to me, across the board.

As far as I know Justin Bieber is not in a position to trade favours with the RNC, in return for payment for a singing performance...so, no that would not be evidence of attempted corruption.

I think it is quite proper...part of the job really...for a State's representatives to lobby for the interests of the people and businesses they represent. But when, in addition to their Government salaries, they receive personal payments (cash and/or gifts) from those they lobby for - that is when it goes over the line and becomes corruption.

In the case of Corning, the Clintons received (not counting the fundraising money) $335,000, and they pocketed $365,000 from eBay.

Not cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I can appreciate your position, but I wonder how common this sort of thing is. I mean, have we forgotten Halibuton? All totally legal.

As far as I know Justin Bieber is not in a position to trade favours with the RNC, in return for payment for a singing performance...so, no that would not be evidence of attempted corruption.

6 million for his apparent support of Donald Trump and the RNC platform is not nothing, but we can agree to disagree on that. It was really just an example of unrealistic fees.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Does anyone know what is the standard pay for famous people who speak or perform at events?

Here's an ABC page: In Demand: Washington's Highest (and Lowest) Speaking Fees
It's from 2014
Donald Trump - $1.5M
Hillary Clinton - $200K
Bill Clinton - $200K
George W. Bush - $150K
Condoleezza Rice - 150K
Al Gore - $100K
Dick Cheney - $75K
Ron Paul - $50K

My college usually tried to keep it between 25K - 100K, but that was long ago.

In contrast, professional speakers asked to speak at conferences usually get paid 2K - 5K.
edit on 8-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Donald Trump - $1.5M

Holy crap! I had to double check to make sure it wasn't a typo!

TV host Donald Trump. “The Donald earned a staggering $1.5 million per speech at The Learning Annex’s ‘real estate wealth expos’ in 2006 and 2007,” according to Forbes. “Trump appeared at 17 seminars and collected this fee for each one.”

Makes Hillary's speaking fee look like sheckles!

Thanks for the info!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Also compare 1 hour speaking engagements with Federal Senior Executive Service(SES)Annual Salaries.

2016 Federal Pay Tables Are Out

For members of the SES under a certified SES performance appraisal system, the maximum annual salary will increase to $185,100
At the lowest end of the SES pay spectrum, ... to $123,175 in 2016.
The top GS category – GS-15, Step 10 – will increase to an annual base salary of $133,444 in 2016

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Right out in the open...two obvious examples of corruption. How many (dozens) more instances like these two exist?

The problem is that much of the corruption is legal. Remember the Clintongate? Constitution give the POTUS the right to pardon. Pretty hard to convict some one of a legal act. If I'm not mistaken Hillary was somehow suspected of handling some money.
Bill Clinton pardon controversy

President Bill Clinton was criticized for some of his pardons and acts of executive clemency. Pardoning or commuting sentences is a power granted by the U.S. Constitution to all sitting United States Presidents.
While most presidents grant pardons throughout their terms, Clinton chose to make nearly a third of them on January 20, 2001, his last day in office.
Federal prosecutor Mary Jo White was appointed to investigate the pardon of Marc Rich. She was later replaced by then-Republican James Comey, who found no illegality on Clinton's part.
Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory pardons
In March 2000, Bill Clinton pardoned Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory, owners of the carnival company United Shows International, for charges of bank fraud from a 1982 conviction. Although the couple had already been released from prison, the prior conviction prevented them from doing business in certain American states. First Lady Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, was an acquaintance of the Gregorys, and had lobbied Clinton on their behalf. In October 2006, the group Judicial Watch filed a request with the U.S. Justice Department for an investigation, alleging that Rodham had received $107,000 from the Gregorys for the pardons in the form of loans that were never repaid, as part of a quid pro quo scheme.

edit on 8-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

top topics

join