It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audit Reveals The Pentagon Doesn’t Know Where $6.5 Trillion Dollars Has Gone

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
Black budget with a big dose of corruption mixed in. Bet that money bought some nice toys for the demons to play with. Bet we find out a bit more real soon...

Maybe that so called "faked" alien invasion..

edit on 8-8-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I blame congress, why do they keep giving the DOD more money when they can`t account for the money they have already been given?
congress should cut the DOD budget by 6.5 trillion dollars until the DOD can prove that they need that money.I bet those missing documents will show up real fast then.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

In years past I would have said that the USA's Pentagon clearly needs an audit. But an audit will not find what others have so carefully hid and redirected elsewhere.

The USA needs some sort of Sunset Law with teeth that shuts down every agency and every part of the bureaucracy as well as the military and then reopens them only if they are needed and only if their actions and financial accounting can be tracked transparently and in the public eye. If money goes missing, everyone in that part of government loses their job and those at the top go to prison.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
And some people think we need to be paying MORE taxes.

Yeah, throw more money at the Government, they can be trusted to do what's best for us, more money will fix it.

edit on 8 8 2016 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
When I hear something like this, my first overwhelming thought is that this government is such a frucking joke.

In so many businesses if there's an accounting discrepency for, say $10,000, there would be some investigating, employees being fired, perhaps criminal charges brought into play. That's for ten thousand dollars missing.

These snakes can't account for $6.5 TRILLION and somehow I doubt anyone will lose their job.

It doesn't matter if it was simply embezzled or spent for more unneeded military expenditures, it's tax payer money.

Put in perspective that's $20,185 PER PERSON in the U.S. INCLUDING CHILDREN!

Awesome job guys!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just to clarify this dosent mean 6.5 trillion dollars is missing or even that 6. 5 trillion dollars is unaccounted for (sorry no secret space fleet).

It just means that value of transactions don't meet accounting standards. Still a bad thing in that poor accountancy standards allow greater chance of misspending or corruption.
edit on 8-8-2016 by ScepticScot because: Random word

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
last time this was announced the towers hit the ground....

like the next day....

And don't forget the pentagon....where the records are kept. curious.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

like the next day....
yep, though I'm sure that's just a coincidence . . . . . .😐sarcasm

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Meanwhile, everyone bickers over the measly budgets given to Federal agencies each year, to the point that many agencies are simply underfunded and rapidly failing to accomplish their missions, yet the defense budget goes unchecked by everyone.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that when information like this is made public, ATS used to really come together and shine as a community. I was proud to be a part of something meaningful and worthwhile, lending my efforts when the time came.

I had the pleasure of witnessing a committed group of individuals who were more passionate about finding the truth than spending time on less fruitful activities.

My hope is that ATS can do the same now as it did in the past. We're all capable of a little research and reporting, so why not put your time spent here to good use?

So...

Where did the money go?

...FY 2015 AGF third quarter and year-end financial statements were unreliable and lacked an adequate audit trail.

...personnel did not adequately support $2.8 trillion in third quarter adjustments and $6.5 trillion in year-end adjustments made to Army General Fund data during FY 2015 financial statement compilation.

Seems like a good place to start.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

"Sloppy bookkeeping" my butt.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Clinton Foundation has a heavy influence within the government. The foundation itself has had it's issues with money:
"How did $17 million disappear from Clinton Foundation?"-Source
"Clinton Foundation HQ Protested For ‘Missing Money’ In Haiti Recovery"-Source

like the next day....

Exactly and don't need towers or other to be destroyed on US soil for this to happen anymore.
edit on 8-8-2016 by dreamingawake because: ETA

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Kind of exactly like the $6 Billion missing from Hillary Clinton's State Dept.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How much of that missing money went to the middle east, specifically terrorists who out of the blue, drive nicer vehicles then most of Americans, with nice guns and tons of ammunition... satellite data et all.

Dirty.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

Yeah, throw more money at the Government, they can be trusted to do what's best for us, more money will fix it.

Don't forget it's Trump that wants to give the military even more money.

www.militarytimes.com...

perhaps some of the 6 trillion is going to help his campaign. Wouldn't that be illegal?
edit on 8-8-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I got an ex-girlfriend should be put in charge of that cash, she'll know where every freaking dime went or hell to pay!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It looks like Obama's pledge of government transparency is backfiring on him.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: stosh64

Don't forget it's Trump that wants to give the military even more money.

www.militarytimes.com...

perhaps some of the 6 trillion is going to help his campaign. Wouldn't that be illegal?

When you have military that can't perform their jobs well, or be safe, of course they should be supplied the monies needed. But like so many governmental departments, the money is not spent on what it should be and is easily misplaced or embezzled. I know of some agencies that are so tight, they can barely afford a pencil, the Pentagon seems like so many top politicians which are unaccountable to the same standards as the rest.

But throwing Trump as a possible cause of the Pentagon's irresponsibility in accounting for 6.5 TRILLION is just a liittttttle out there, don't you think? In fact, I would call that comment pathetic and void of any intelligence whatsoever.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
And this is why people don't want their taxes raised. All we hear is that government doesn't have enough money, yet they can't keep track of $6.5 trillion?

That's why they need more. The Pentagon's systems are a mess and there's no cohesive reporting software for the entire department. Everything runs on independent systems and then relies on hand copying paper records.

They know they spent the money, they even have a general idea on what as they can look at the various budgets program by program, but they cannot itemize every single thing they bought. It's a massive undertaking and would require a completely new system. The general feeling by accountants is that it could be improved but a perfect audit is impossible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join