It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Interface Between Science and God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: slowisfast

Empathy is enough. You don't need a creator to understand empathy and to claim this is instilled in us is completely unfounded. If you see somebody suffering, you know it is wrong because you wouldn't want to suffer yourself in that same way. Pretty basic logic, actually. If your actions do not cause harm or suffering to others, they are fine. Nobody should care if you eat pork, or if you masturbate or if you have sex before marriage because those things, while considered wrong in your faith and others, are completely harmless in reality.

What do you mean that you see instilled (or innate) morality in children? Can you show me more about this. Last I checked, children can be god awful at their youngest ages when they want things their way without any concern for other folks suffering.
edit on 8 12 16 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Oh I don't know, the third largest one is Hinduism .... that is NOT monotheistic. Its either soft or hard polytheistic
Then there are the various Chinese folk religions, and Buddhism
Yes I quibble.

I don't disagree with the interface as you state it. Sadly for some reason, idiots inf the fundamentalist wings of Science and Relgion need to cram them together. Zealots do as zealots do.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join