It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eyes of a Femme Fatale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Both my mother and my ex-wife are femme fatales. They both have done horrible things to me. My mother was so bad to me, we're not on speaking terms. But, I know she's loyal. If I were to need help, she would be the first person I'd contact.

My ex-wife helps me a lot. It's been three years since our divorce, but when we're on the phone, it's like nothing ever changed between us. We would have never been divorced outside of her need to have a child, and my unwillingness to have one. She's so loyal that she's begging me to move to where she lives so she can help me on a regular basis.

I know none of this makes sense to those who want to believe that morality is the preeminent thing in life.

The following video may help you understand.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Have you heard this Velevet Underground song?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

to those who want to believe that morality is the preeminent thing in life.

I think what you are referring to is the sense of moral outrage that "It was done to me."
That's the kind of reaction that it's good to get past quickly.

Here's another expression of moral outrage:

My divorce decree has a clause written in it which states, "No amount of co-habitation will render the divorce null." Which means that we can live in the same house all we want. We've taken advantage of that quite a bit over the years.

So my ex left her new husband to get a job and dwelling in another state. So I packed up the kids and moved them. Made several trips moving stuff. Meanwhile, she had been working, making friends, getting to know the town.

Finally, moving done, I meet one of her friends, instant attraction, leading to a sort of obsession. My ex knew her and her ways, but she didn't tell me. A year later, I was singing this song. Notice it's directed at those who knew.

edit on 8-8-2016 by pthena because: punctuation

edit on 8-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Always loved that song..."Oh no one told me abour her...."

Profusion -
Another femme fatale song, by The Knack. This was a throw-away song for them, album filler, but I thought it was good.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Yes! That song reminds me of the following...

It puts it all in a better light.

www.youtube.com...

a reply to: ColeYounger

That song presents the perspective of a man who failed. Why would anyone want to dwell on that (outside of temporary therapy)?

If you want to look at the darker side of all this, I prefer this point of view...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 8-8-2016 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join