It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas is "the twin" of Jesus because Thomas is Tammuz

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

It's sad.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

Quick question....how do YOU know that what you, Noturtypical, and the other Christians on here, are believing, is ABSOLUTE truth?

I do not know if my theology is the absolute truth. I can't speak for others. That is why it is called theology. But by these same standards, those who disagree with my theology have the very same problem that I have. When using literature in a debate there are also rules of using that literature in an honest way and not abusing literature in a dishonest manner.

My embracing Christianity is not to say that I embrace the Roman or Greek organizations or the denominations which they spawned. I embrace the synagogue of James and the Apostles as well as the doctrine of Jesus but then stop at that point. Could I be wrong? Of course I could be wrong and probably am wrong in some understandings of the Nazarene religion. Could I change opinions in the future? Yes I could very well change opinions in a lot of what I accept today. That happens as we age or mature in knowledge. But regardless of my opinions I respect the opinions of others who may disagree with me. Being ignorant is not being stupid.

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

This is very interesting and I imagine pretty much true as Christ is Mithra, Tammuz, Horus, Metatron, Tammuz and the Logos, depending on what you believe.

Peel back the story, find the meaning of it and research the history of religion and it is true that they all share the same teachings but use different characters to teach them.

That doesn't change reality just cultures. I actually never saw Tammuz aka Horus aka Dummuzi as evil like the religious world does. He was good to the Egyptians, Babylonians and Semitic peoples in general.

I see them as different myths that teach the same story using different historical people to tell again, the same story.

I never did know why Thomas was called the twin so I thank you for revealing what you have learned and it makes perfect sense, I haven't read the comments yet but I don't imagine this is a popular idea with the religion is history crowd.

Someday people will wake up, but it will take a true miracle and a real Messiah to do it.

Can't wait.

edit on 12-8-2016 by benZadok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

(post by benZadok removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
An interesting story comes from the Apocryphal Acts of Thomas regarding India and the so called St. Thomas Christians, an appellation given lower caste Hindu converts to distinguish them from the Syrians in the congregation in 1348.

In 345 AD Thomas of Cana or Knai Thoma brought lucky # 72 Syrian families with him to India and planted the first Christian Church in India using the traditions of the Acts of Thomas, an Apocryphal book that has Thomas refusing his brother Jesus' order to go to India and Jesus selling Thomas into slavery by deceit without his knowledge and ending in his martyrdom by jealous Brahmins in India, and his name to falsley establish the tradition that Thomas went to India in AD 52 and planted the first church then.

If the church was willing to invent a tradition based on lies before the Bible was officially canonized right around the time of Constantine who murdered several of his own family members btw I don't think that the story can ever be trusted because it's benefactors were terribly corrupt and absorbed many pagan myths in the effort to convert the world to Catholicism by any means necessary including war.

Apparently Catholicism is a big problem in India and has been for ever. I have a link to the article I just read.

apostlethomasindia.wordpress.com

posted on Aug, 14 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SomethingLingual

Hope you'll stay, you seem sensible

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join