It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas is "the twin" of Jesus because Thomas is Tammuz

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Thanks,, I thought I might have to retire from my own thread due to other people's love of mockery of anything not easy to figure out.

Uta even can't seem to comprehend that a play on words exists between Tammuz and Thomas, although it seems obvious to me. Apparently I am crazy for seeing how two words that sound similar are a hint at the origins of the Christ myth.

But nobody is going to come up with a more logical reason why Thomas is Jesus so called twin.

Even though Thomas and Didymus both mean twin in Aramaic and Greek and Tammuz means "twin born" still he can't seem to make the connection.

Glad you follow, I knew people would get hostile because of the whole literalist view of the Bible which is pretty ridiculous itself. The people who do get it make up for the hostility × 1000 so thanks.

Although I won't be worshipping you for it as the hostile one said I would be. I hope you are not disappointed but he didn't have my permission to speak on my behalf (lol).

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

I find this stuff really interesting so I love delving into it. There’s so much about language that we have either forgotten or has been rewritten so I prefer to look into things my own way and make my own mind up, right or wrong.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Fool that I am I thought it was common knowledge that Tammuz and Christ shared mythology, that the Christ myth borrowed from earlier myths to make a knew one.

So I don't see any problem with the authors of the Gospels using the myth of Tammuz that they would have known more about than us to weave a new tale for a new religion using Babylonian and Messianic Judaism as sources.

I equally find it likely that they'd have gotten a kick out of leaving clues, if only for the adept and not the profane.

Besides the fact that both Easter and Christmas have Babylonian roots in Ishtar (Semiramis) and the birth of Tammuz, the ressurected Nimrod and original "Santa."

I didn't think it a stretch to conclude a very good reason for Thomas being called Jesus twin was to leave a clue for the iniated that Jesus was Thomas' twin because Christ is Tammuz twin, or a new version of.

Long story short, Christ is just a reboot of Tammuz myth and Thomas the twin is an esoteric way of saying so.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName

I find this stuff really interesting so I love delving into it. There’s so much about language that we have either forgotten or has been rewritten so I prefer to look into things my own way and make my own mind up, right or wrong.

I think that is a smart decision. Too many people believe too many lies because they would rather not do their own thinking.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

Cool story, bro. Still doesn't make this guy anything like Jesus, sorry. It's well known that Christmas isn't really Jesus' birthday. That was sometime in January or something if I am remembering correctly.

So I guess what I'm saying is...what's your point?

Actually science points to September 11th. The unknown Castro-phenomenon recorded being seen the night of his birth (which context says was in the summer) has been agreed to have been identified if the star was index seen. The only thing for years on either side of 1BC/1AD is known to repeat at a certain interval and it was seen Sept 11 1ad. Kinda shows anorber side to the supposed ritual that NYC may have been used for N, i

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Dylan goes «Man gave names to all the animals, in the beginning....» not strange then that many words for animals in Shemitic languages are single syllable words. They are the most primitive ones. Same with ancient Egypt, most names of gods and religious concepts were one-syllable words. In fact Ancient Egyptian defines nearly all possible syllables as separate words. Not strange then that the oldest word for God Biblically is El or Yah. They are two of the simplest syllables to form for a baby, like Ab and Am. And not the less strange that the first plural words were dual words of such simple one-syllable words. Take Ma-ayim and Shem-ayim or El-ayim, dual words made from single-syllable words, Ma, Shem and El.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

The New Testament has 2 religions, that of Jesus/James and the 12 and that of Paul. The two theologies are well known by scholars and sharp students to be incompatible. The Bible has never been able to keep its story straight and has many contradictions

Would you please expound this theology of which you posted?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Watch this OP, and if you can; follow up on reading some of my past threads. Tammuz = Nimrod /Anti-Christ

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

The New Testament has 2 religions, that of Jesus/James and the 12 and that of Paul. The two theologies are well known by scholars and sharp students to be incompatible. The Bible has never been able to keep its story straight and has many contradictions

Would you please expound this theology of which you posted?

That was expounding as is necessary. Either you get the difference between Jesus theology and Paul's or you haven't studied it hard enough. It's well known and you probably do know anyway so, no thanks.

The thread is about the fact that Thomas is a play on words of Tammuz and how Christianity is just Babylonian Messianic Judaism with Christ as "the twin" of Tammuz. That comment had a purpose that has been served and doesn't require expounding upon, just critically think it out. Google it, tons of info for you there, more than I am going to bother with as it is not the topic.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

I will watch the video but:

#1 Nimrod came before Christ whose mythos is indebted to Nimrod and Tammuz, so if anything Christ is the anti Nimrod but he is actually just a myth that used the myth of Nimrod/Tammuz as a foundation.

#2 The Bible speaks of no "THE Antichrist" but many, many existing allegedly in the time "John's" epistles were penned.

It's a pop fad to say "the Antichrist" when speaking of the beast of Revelation but incorrect and a misnomer.

Also the beast has come and gone, you just don't know who the beast was/is in the Bible but a clue is given in 666 and it has nothing to do with Satan or Nimrod. The only Biblical reference to a man who goes buy the #666 is Solomon with his gold talents numbering 666 yearly mentioned twice and the HEX agram is a symbol of that number and Solomon.

Tammuz and Christ are just sun gods, I will let you figure out the rest. Mystery Babylon.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Also the beast has come and gone, you just don't know who the beast was/is in the Bible

We humanity are said beast. We humanity are the fallen angels/Elohim. Courtesy of the serpent/lilith/eva.

Welcome to Revelations

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Yes that sounds about right.

And thanks, I feel right at home.
edit on 10-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Muffenstuff

Yes that sounds about right.

And thanks, I feel right at home.

Aye, but know that our father is God, which is part of the true trinity, father son and holy spirit. the Holy spirit being the true feminine aspect, which also represents care, empathy, love, but also morality. The father represents the true order, discipline. The son being Yeshua (not tammuz). This makes our true aspect spiritual, with the abandonment of the flesh. This trinity is also Natural law, which is also part of Judgement.

The serpent/lilith represents the false trinity. This trinity consists of Male, female and son/sun. Moon Sun Worship which represents babylon/Baal. This is the realm of the flesh, not the spirit, and it is largely mostly a worship of self. Which later spawned the Aleister Crowley doctrine. (Un-natural law.)

The Video linked explains the fall of man, and who the devil is, as well as giving you the key of David. Turn things upside down. The Devil hides its works upside down.

Lilith Represents Death

(As you will see in the scene below, which is an allegory of this reality.) The movie is called "under the skin" and she leads men into the void. All flesh belongs to the devil.

She is like a Parasite, absorbing souls to become one with her. We are nothing but food to her.

yeshua on the other hand represents life. To be born again and having conquered death (lilith/womb).

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Also know that Yahweh IS Baal and NOT the Father of the true Trinity allegorically spoken of in the NT.

If such a thing exists it is not something we can easily comprehend. I am not saying I don't believe in a Creator of masculine, feminine and child in nature.

I just can't say I know. I am as in the dark as everyone else, actually less than some and more than others.

I do love a good myth with esoteric meaning though.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName
It’s rather surprising how words or even phrases from ancient languages can be found in more modern ones. Take for instance the cities Hiroshima and Jerusalem...

“Hiero-shema” - “Holy Name”
“Hiero-shalam” - “Holy Peace”

Think about “Hieroglyph” (“Holy Letter”).

“Hiero” could vaguely correspond to “ye ruh” (“the spirit”). Thus, “Hieroglyph” could even mean “the spirit language”.

Yes, I’m totally making this all up but links between languages can be very intriguing and sometimes deserve attention even if they cannot be appropriately substantiated.

ahaha, where the heck did you get that meaning for Hiroshima?? Do you even know where Hiroshima is?

It's one of the places bombed in WWII. And it comes from two Japanese words:

広島 (ひろしま - hee-ro-shee-ma) Hiroshima (sometimes also written 広島市 Hiroshima-shi [lit. Hiroshima-city])

広い (ひろい - hee-roy) "wide"
島 (しま - shee-ma) "island"

Feel free to also consult wikipedia (or basically any other source in the entire world...): en.wikipedia.org...

It has absolutely nothing to do with either "holy" or "name". Please stop making up random things that you don't know about.

I found the craziness of this thread hilarious but needed to create an account just to show you just how nonsensical some of these claims are.
edit on 11-8-2016 by SomethingLingual because: added English pronounciations

edit on 11-8-2016 by SomethingLingual because: Fixed "wide" pronounciation

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Text - That was expounding as is necessary. Either you get the difference between Jesus theology and Paul's or you haven't studied it hard enough. It's well known and you probably do know anyway so, no thanks. The thread is about the fact that Thomas is a play on words of Tammuz and how Christianity is just Babylonian Messianic Judaism with Christ as "the twin" of Tammuz. That comment had a purpose that has been served and doesn't require expounding upon, just critically think it out. Google it, tons of info for you there, more than I am going to bother with as it is not the topic.

You do not follow the rules of debate.

It was you who posted in this thread the following--

Unquote

In response to your thread I asked - "Would you please expound this theology of which you posted? "

I did not ask you for a discourteous and rude reply but only that you expound your opinions as to what you wrote in your thread. If you did not want to discuss this then you should not post it. This shows me, as I have observed, that you have a grandiosity problem. You are neither a scholar nor a serious student of the Hebrew or Greek literature. You may not be stupid but you are showing the world your total ignorance of understanding certain literature.

Now getting back to your so called thread, I stated that you have no autographs to play with words. Word play is impossible in this instance. To try to skirt around this is total ignorance without admitting that this is simply your own opinion and nothing more than an opinion.

You now expect serious scholars to agree with your premise that the Apostle Thomas is the twin of the Christ Jesus. That is insanity in this discussion. For Thomas to be a twin would be to say that Thomas was conceived by the Holy Spirit also. Otherwise Thomas could not be either Identical nor Fraternal. In either case Thomas would have had to be conceived by the Father El. There is nothing to substantiate this theology whatsoever.

Rashi commentary is quite lengthy in response to Ezekiel 8:14 –

Soncino, Daath Mikra --- Quote “Isaiah da Trani explains that when the summer solstice passed and the days grew shorter, they would weep for their weakened god, the sun, whose rule over the day had been diminished. Modern scholars believe that Tammuz was the god of vegetation and rebirth, who was said to die at the hottest time of the summer, when the plants wither, and return the following year. This was the Sumerian Dumuzi. At that time, the women would weep over his demise.” Unquote

Rashi goes into a deep translation which I cannot show at this time but perhaps one on this thread would care to research this.

The Tammuz you are suggesting as the incarnated Christ is none other than that Bacchus of both Babylonian and Greek philosophy. I suggest that you research Rambam (Guide 3:29) as well as the translations of Rashi and then rewrite a well researched thread instead of this nonsense that you have posted.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

What's that guy saying about some difference between James and Paul? Has he read Acts 15? I guess he means because James said that "faith without works is dead", but he wasn't writing to unbelievers, James was writing to Christians.

Too bad he got banned, I'd would have liked for him to cite these unnamed scholars he mentioned. I'm a Christian, it's news to me that the book of James is in conflict with Paul's epistles. I love all the NT, James as well! Lol

edit on 8 11 2016 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

What's that guy saying about some difference between James and Paul? Has he read Acts 15? I guess he means because James said that "faith without works is dead", but he wasn't writing to unbelievers, James was writing to Christians. Too bad he got banned, I'd would have liked for him to cite these unnamed scholars he mentioned. I'm a Christian, it's news to me that the book of James is in conflict with Paul's epistles. I love all the NT, James as well! Lol

I also embrace Christianity and I thank the Christ Jesus for people such as you.

There is a movement which has been since the death of Jesus to destroy the church of the Lord Jesus. This movement will eventually overcome the human populace and usher in the Beast of Revelation. Christianity will eventually be all but destroyed at the first gathering and some of us today may very well see that end. We simply do not know.

Muffenstuff is but a tool of this movement against the church of Jesus and many more that I see on this forum. Most all will parrot others in all sorts of manner such as in this thread. Some use Saul/Paul bashing to divide and conquer while others use the Nazarene James and apostles of Jesus to try their hand at division and still others will use the science game to disprove Jesus. There have been and will always be the hatred of God in people and it will get far worse than it is today and may even require our death in the end game.

But as long as the Father has given us the way and means to show the truth then I intend to try my best to do just that. Muffenstuff will be back with other avenues of hate and he has a lot of parrots on his team but he lacks truth and that is always what reveals his true intent. Lol --------------

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
a reply to: NOTurTypical

What's that guy saying about some difference between James and Paul? Has he read Acts 15? I guess he means because James said that "faith without works is dead", but he wasn't writing to unbelievers, James was writing to Christians. Too bad he got banned, I'd would have liked for him to cite these unnamed scholars he mentioned. I'm a Christian, it's news to me that the book of James is in conflict with Paul's epistles. I love all the NT, James as well! Lol

I also embrace Christianity and I thank the Christ Jesus for people such as you.

There is a movement which has been since the death of Jesus to destroy the church of the Lord Jesus. This movement will eventually overcome the human populace and usher in the Beast of Revelation. Christianity will eventually be all but destroyed at the first gathering and some of us today may very well see that end. We simply do not know.

Muffenstuff is but a tool of this movement against the church of Jesus and many more that I see on this forum. Most all will parrot others in all sorts of manner such as in this thread. Some use Saul/Paul bashing to divide and conquer while others use the Nazarene James and apostles of Jesus to try their hand at division and still others will use the science game to disprove Jesus. There have been and will always be the hatred of God in people and it will get far worse than it is today and may even require our death in the end game.

But as long as the Father has given us the way and means to show the truth then I intend to try my best to do just that. Muffenstuff will be back with other avenues of hate and he has a lot of parrots on his team but he lacks truth and that is always what reveals his true intent. Lol --------------

Quick question....how do YOU know that what you, Noturtypical, and the other Christians on here, are believing, is ABSOLUTE truth?

posted on Aug, 12 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Matrixsurvivor

When you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ through the Holy Spirit if just as much fact as the noonday sun. That's the best way I can explain it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join