It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thomas is "the twin" of Jesus because Thomas is Tammuz

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Padawan Muffenstuff Googlemiser

Ummm, Padawan... ummmm.

Shhhhhh. (whispers: Sumeria is what you would call a provence or kingdom/empire. Babylon was a city... Shhhh)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Coomba98.. sorry.

Summers Eve.
(Your female friendly companion)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

If you were looking for a source for Cannanite mythology and Babylonian, Sumer is a great place to look.

Tammuz is the son of Semiramis and the "ressurected" Nimrod. A miracle child called a shepherd. Pretty well known actually.

I don't think Sumer had the advanced Mythology of death and resurrection until after Nimrod died. Since Nimrod is not mentioned in Sumerian mythology I don't see how Tammuz could be.

I wont rule out a possible link to Sumer, but Tammuz is Babylonian, not Sumerian.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Ummm, Padawan... ummmm.

Shhhhhh. (whispers: Sumeria is what you would call a provence or kingdom/empire. Babylon was a city... Shhhh)

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Coomba98.. sorry.

Summers Eve.

I actually don't care about this, it is not accurate.

Babylonia was a country, Babylon a city.

Long after Sumer's decline. Wrong and corrected you be. Not to mention a fantastic changer of subjects upon realization of error.

edit on 9-8-2016 by Muffenstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Ummm, Padawan... ummmm.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Coomba98.. sorry.

Summers Eve.

Is this like, your favorite product or what?

Can't quite wrap my head around it. Are you a fan of the show Parks and recreation and it's famous local DJ? He goes by the name of the products contents.

I have a friendly female companion already, but thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

I actually don't care about this, it is not accurate.

Babylonia was a country, Babylon a city.

Long after Sumer's decline. Wrong and corrected you be. Not to mention a fantastic changer of subjects upon realization of error.

Ummm, Padawan.

Babylonia is the ancient Akkadian term.

Babylon is the current present English term.

Prove me wrong Padawan Googlemiser.

Summers Eve

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Muffenstuff

A Summers Eve for you young Padawan!

Summer Eve

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:05 AM
link   

You are wrong in many ways any logically thinking person could just see without needing proof.

You have not said anything of any significance that I feel I need to disprove.

Dissapointing, actually.

Although Babylon is still a place, not very civilized but a place in Iraq (formerly Babylonia) nonetheless. It was a Jewish haven for a long time while the COUNTRY of BabylonIA existed until long after.

Akkadian was a Semitic language so any etymological links are not surprising at all.

I just don't see a point to what you are trying to say.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Padawan Muffenstuff Googlemiser

You are wrong in many ways any logically thinking person could just see without needing proof.

Dissapointing, actually.

Padawan!! You say that yet refuse to prove it...

Cause you know Master Coomba knows all

Master Coomba98
(Your Force Induced Master Master)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Padawan Muffenstuff Googlemiser

Dissapointing, actually.

Padawan!! You say that yet refuse to prove it...

Cause you know Master Coomba knows all

Master Coomba98

Prove what? Maybe check my edit and then (as I have a life) I will have to deal with you later. You have said nothing needing proving or disproving so I can not refuse, it's more like being forced to ignore a nothing statement from a nut.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Padawan, still you fail to prove yourself. Another point for me hay? Yay!

From what i understand Babylon was one of the last major cities of Sumeria.

Again Padawan, prove me wrong.

Master Coomba98

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

How the Holy Spirit frowns apon you Padawan.

Master Coomba

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Google google google google.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

a reply to: now Padawan Muffenstuff Googlemiser

Naaa Padawan, i learnt months ago that your links are to sites bearing viruses.

My Internet Security warns me and i say na.
Too many warnings Padawan its like the story of the boy who cried wolf.

But remember Padawan. I am He Who is Most Like God.

Mwahahahahaha

Coomba98..... sorry.
(Re: Michael.)

Summers Eve.

Thank God, the mad ones are returning, I was feeling so alone after ATS excommunicated all the fruitbaskets a few months ago! All that's left are the all-critics (they're boring) and the idiots (they make me sad).

To get back on track, I'll try with the story of the WC:

The WC or water closet was invented about 100 years ago. A common misconception is that it was invented by Thomas Crapper, thus the nickname for the WC, The Crapper. However, Crapper didn't invent the crapper, but the Ballcock AKA the Floater, the little hollow ball that sits inside the hull of the WC, known as a float valve.

With this in mind, I would love to hear Muffenstuff's etymology analysis on crêpe, and how crêpe and crap might be the same thing as Tiles (Heb. כרעף means Slate) in ancient Hebrew and which Ugarit word that would be used for crap in the Bible had it been written in Ugarit to explain the pastry link in modern French. There must be one. Another place to look other than the Bible, would naturally be the Yellow Pages and Moby Dick.
edit on 9-8-2016 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

(post by Muffenstuff removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Good bye Ut, I have accomplished my goals for now and if you hear from me again just know that I know that you don't (know).

Lol of lol's. peace.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim

The word for Twin in Hebrew/Aramaic is nearly identical with the name Thomas. Heb. מאומים «Taumayim» is the dual «twins» of Heb. מאומה/תאומא «Taumah» (name means «the Twin»). «Tammuz» is written Heb. תמוז and as you can see it's a totally different word.

“Thomas” and “Tammuz” sound incredibly similar, even I hadn’t noticed this before although I have previously picked up on “Thames” which happens to be תמז in Hebrew. The simple rule of thumb is this: remove the vowels - and thus they all may well originate from one ancient word (quite possibly “twin” for that matter). I think the OP is onto something here.

We are talking totally different languages spanning thousands of years, you just don't have a case.

It’s rather surprising how words or even phrases from ancient languages can be found in more modern ones. Take for instance the cities Hiroshima and Jerusalem...

“Hiero-shema” - “Holy Name”
“Hiero-shalam” - “Holy Peace”

Think about “Hieroglyph” (“Holy Letter”).

“Hiero” could vaguely correspond to “ye ruh” (“the spirit”). Thus, “Hieroglyph” could even mean “the spirit language”.

Yes, I’m totally making this all up but links between languages can be very intriguing and sometimes deserve attention even if they cannot be appropriately substantiated.

I think you mean קרף? Either way, isn’t a “P” in Hebrew technically an “F”?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: IllegalName

“Thomas” and “Tammuz” sound incredibly similar,

But Thomas is Greek for Heb. Taumah. Tammuz and Taumah sound alike to you? As for being a self-proclaimed knowitall you are very naive and ignorant, how old are you really? And what is the purpose of this?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
By the way...

a reply to: Muffenstuff

That is seriously onto something there, no kidding!

“GANG or a heard, they use a shANK.”

“Gang” is actually quite an interesting word.

Gang = Team
Gangway = Aisle
Aisle = Yoke
Yoke = a pair of oxen or a bar across them both
A yoke sits on the nape of the neck, the angle
A gang or team of oxen plough the fields

Aisle in Hebrew might read as איל which is a word for God. It is also the ram.

It always leads back to agriculture. And who was the God of Agriculture?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: IllegalName

Haha, please, he'll be right on to worshipping you, luv.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Well, I tell you something... I don’t think I need to be citing sources to claim that a great deal of modern language can be traced back to ancient agriculture. Bear in mind that a long time ago there would have been devastating floods, plagues, pestilence in general, so good harvests and healthy cattle would have been the difference between existence and extinction. Thus, cattle was probably like gold dust to them back then - so therefore, anything to do with agriculture would have had significant importance in culture, language and religion. It’s therefore unsurprising that we can find many old words, many two-letter Aramaic words actually, which relate to animals. We probably had relatively sophisticated agriculture and knowledge of the stars before written language. Consider other important factors like the heliacal rising of Sirius, which was a main pointer in the forthcoming floods which would inundate the Nile. Which month would that occur around? July of course, which is Tammuz (the God of Agriculture). I know I’m blathering a bit now but my point is that we can look back at the language and see some very ominous suggestions that links exists, even if there is not much in the sense of hardcore facts.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join