It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2016's Populist Insurgency Will Be With Us for Years to Come

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Sorry. My fault we got in trouble.

Bernie Sanders, yay!

But seriously I really like the post I linked to.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I just wish there would be a real insurgency on the right as well.

Libertarian Ideals of less taxes, smaller government, less colonialism, more states rights etc. This cycle is the perfect opportunity, with the dissatisfaction that most Republicans/Conservatives have for the GOP right now and still, most conservatives are voting trump because he's the Republican nomination and it's against Hillary, but many still don't like him. This is the perfect time.

You get snippets of it, but I like my conservative politicians to be real libertarians without the hindrance of Christian old testament ideals. That's really hard to find these days.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I have yet to meet a human being that does not have a price.

Some people will kill for the loose change in your pocket. Some will hold out and stand on morals until they hit the magic number.

Very few actually ever do so much for themselves that quoting a price will always be irrelevant to them. Those are the people least equipped for the realities of politics. Those are also the people we'd be better off with.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You are wrong.

As usual you are projecting your own failings.

The millennials all in for Bernie are the "educated" ones.

Quotations are mine. If they were truly educated they would understand Bernie is an economic illiterate. Instead, they have been propagandized by professors who reference America haters like Alinky, Zinn, Chompsky and Ayers.

They've been online since they can remember.

You say that like it's a good thing.

Stop with the pretending you are aware of them personally.

I can't help but be aware of them. I work with them and have to set them straight on a nearly daily basis.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
You are wrong.

As usual you are projecting your own failings.

The millennials all in for Bernie are the "educated" ones.

Quotations are mine. If they were truly educated they would understand Bernie is an economic illiterate. Instead, they have been propagandized by professors who reference America haters like Alinky, Zinn, Chompsky and Ayers.

They've been online since they can remember.

You say that like it's a good thing.

Stop with the pretending you are aware of them personally.

I can't help but be aware of them. I work with them and have to set them straight on a nearly daily basis.

You seem to think that the older generations are smarter and better, especially when it comes to politics. but....

it's the older generations that have kept the two party illusion in power for decades...and have kept all those people in congress for longer still. We need change, and it appears that the Millennials and younger voters are the only ones willing to create change.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing most conservatives are voting trump because he's the Republican nomination and it's against Hillary, but many still don't like him.

True enough, I don't like Trump. But I think he is more conservative than any other party candidate and he has the best chance to defeat Hillary. He is anti-regulation, anti-tax and anti-bureaucracy. With enough of the government paired down and a true economic recovery we might actually get a real conservative on the next iteration.

but I like my conservative politicians to be real libertarians without the hindrance of Christian old testament ideals. That's really hard to find these days.

You do realize that Christianity started in the New Testament, right?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
You seem to think that the older generations are smarter and better, especially when it comes to politics. but....

No, I do not.

it's the older generations that have kept the two party illusion in power for decades...and have kept all those people in congress for longer still.

Incumbency is a serious problem and needs to be fixed.

We need change, and it appears that the Millennials and younger voters are the only ones willing to create change.

We need *effective* change. Change for the sake of change creates fiascoes like the 2008-2010 Democrat super-majority.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join