It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Philippine leader links 150 judges, politicians to drugs (two part thread)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LarryLove
a reply to: 727Sky

It is estimated that 170,000 drug users have turned themselves in for fear of being served a death warrant for their addiction. Being an addict does not invalidate basic human rights nor should you fear your own life -- period

Ok so what about the "Human Rights" of the people that are directly affected by these 170'000 addicts that need a fix everyday?.. Sorry but no one has put a gun to their heads to take crack, or stick a needle in their arm.. Illegal drugs and addiction is what is causing massive social issues across the globe, it is the mindset that "they are not to be victimized" that allows this crap to carry on in this pass the buck world we know live in.. Crack addicts and meth heads tend to be not so nice people once they are hooked, why should I, my family or community be subjected to the crime and issues that will come with this situation due to their destructive life choices.

We can all make a choice, it is up to the person to make the right one and not going near any drug is a good choice esp when you are struggling to feed yourself at the best of times.

Also the mindset in the Philippines is totally different than Cambodia, life here is not cheap.. It is only the assholes here that think that. The rest of the population believe in law and order and sadly sometimes when the assholes step out of line to such a degree stuff happens.

Excuses are made for people and their wrong doings all across the world in the Philippines at this current time these excuses do not wash..

Also the statement regarding Brexit is just absurd, I am from the UK (London) and the country has turned into a total sh1t hole.. There was a over welling vote for this across many people of different demographic do not believe the MSM stories about it being a bad decision. I had a 2 week wait just to see my local GP, Islamic Sharia patrols in my area and my child if we ever choose to send him to one of the terrible local schools would probably not have even had a place, this was all because we have been enriched my mass uncontrolled migration... Yes staying in the Europe zone would have been the best thing since sliced bread, me thinks not....

RA
edit on 8-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

edit on 8-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

But the human rights of those who don't use drugs aren't being denied. When does it become acceptable as leader of a country to announce a state-sponsored purge on a societies undesirables?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:01 AM
link   

But the human rights of those who don't use drugs aren't being denied. When does it become acceptable as leader of a country to announce a state-sponsored purge on a societies undesirables?

The moment the undesirables as you put it affect the local community due to their wants or addiction.. He has given power back to the law a bidding citizen granted which many liberals hate to see happen, it is now a "stand your ground" country where you can take the law into your own hands if you have to, believe me you kill someone unjustly you are finished. But I am thankful the law is clear, if a robber comes into my house it is clear I have a green light.

Also probably best to note the article you posted is factually wrong as the prison system in the Philippines has been like this for almost a decade it is nothing new!!!, just something that can fill a page due to his election and him being in the news in general.. A better article would be the Catholic church having thousands of children locked up prior to the popes visit in 2015 as this was a real tragedy..

www.dailymail.co.uk... tml

Edit, I should also point out that a favorite of these drug dealing assholes is to kidnap and more to the point Children for ransom, are you saying if I was to use our Glock to kill this "person that has human rights" I am in the wrong????.... I would massacre worlds for my family and to keep my Son safe as he is a kidnap risk due to myself being looked at as a westerner and hence "rich"...

RA

edit on 8-8-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I don't believe addiction, by default, should strip you of the inalienable right to live. Or be in fear of your life. Do you live in fear of addicts in your neighbourhood? If so, would you kill an addict for just being an addict and living in your neighbourhood?
edit on 8-8-2016 by LarryLove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

I don't believe addiction, by default, should strip you of the inalienable right to live. Or be in fear of your life. Do you live in fear of addicts in your neighbourhood? If so, would you kill an addict for just being an addict and living in your neighbourhood.

Thankfully my rural neighbourghood does not suffer these people and they would be kicked out.. However in Metro Manila Sta Mesa in my extended families case yes they do live in fear of addicts, one brother was robbed at knife point and the other had his bag slashed open (another favorite tactic), both people where caught and drugs where the motive.

I also I think you are reading far to much into the drug addict execution part of this MSM story, it is the dealers that are getting killed the addicts are turning themselves in. And yes I do think a price needs to be payed if a addict is using crime to fund his addiction (Call me old fashioned)..

You cannot be a addict here unless you are extremely wealthly or are a "criminal" the financial situation does not really allow the "working man" to also be a addict, the funds simply do not stretch far enough unlike what many people are use to in western society.

In my province the only casualties from this has been dealers no one else, and truthfully I could not give a rats ass about them..

RA

edit on 8-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

edit on 8-8-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

The moment the undesirables as you put it affect the local community due to their wants or addiction.. He has given power back to the law a bidding citizen granted which many liberals hate to see happen, it is now a "stand your ground" country where you can take the law into your own hands if you have to, believe me you kill someone unjustly you are finished. But I am thankful the law is clear, if a robber comes into my house it is clear I have a green light.

Also probably best to note the article you posted is factually wrong as the prison system in the Philippines has been like this for almost a decade it is nothing new!!!, just something that can fill a page due to his election and him being in the news in general.. A better article would be the Catholic church having thousands of children locked up prior to the popes visit in 2015 as this was a real tragedy..

Edit, I should also point out that a favorite of these drug dealing assholes is to kidnap and more to the point Children for ransom, are you saying if I was to use our Glock to kill this "person that has human rights" I am in the wrong????.... I would massacre worlds for my family and to keep my Son safe as he is a kidnap risk due to myself being looked at as a westerner and hence "rich"...

RA

How many of the negative effects of drugs that effect the surrounding community are tied to 100% to the legal aspects???

Heroin addicts don't cause trouble when they are high, they cause trouble when they are detoxing. Well if not for criminalization and the black market, avaiability issues disappear.

The money would be going to shady Drs, not gangs.

Exc

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

originally posted by: slider1982

RA

How many of the negative effects of drugs that effect the surrounding community are tied to 100% to the legal aspects???

Heroin addicts don't cause trouble when they are high, they cause trouble when they are detoxing. Well if not for criminalization and the black market, avaiability issues disappear.

The money would be going to shady Drs, not gangs.

Exc

Are you basically saying here that heroin should be legal? or that those people that choose to use it have a free and open source that is public funded, how do you fund it anyway and also how do you stop junkies coming from all over to use the system?.. If you think a Heroin addicted legal or not would be anywhere near my family you are joking..

I go back to my previous statement regarding where in the Philippines are you and what type of local facilities do you have that could even come close to carrying out such a program as I am unaware of any in country??.. It is still impossible to get reliable birth control let alone heroin or (substitute)..

I am not sure if this was a typo??

Your statement reads "How many of the negative effects of drugs that effect the surrounding community are tied to 100% to the legal aspects???"

Well actual almost all, the Philippines although it has a good GDP the average person is not wealthy by western standards hence you have the mass exodus of native people going overseas. The drug lords here and then the higher brass of the minion sect can then hold these people to whatever the going rate is for whatever drug, so if the average working man as in lower middle class was to choose his fix it would be food or drugs for that day. Most addicts will choose drugs and then you have the crime that comes with being desperate.. The Philippines does not have a large crime rate outside of Drugs regarding the average person, firearms, Mafia, etc etc are all linked to the drug trade hence the need to buy the cops (that have just been ousted). The province I am in and the local town has more or less zero drug issues and there is no other crime that stands out as a problem and I speak to numerous members of the PNP regular due to firearms training at their main headquarters.

Manila on the other hand is a different story and if you go there it will become apparent what I mean..

I would much rather live in a drug free country than one that has it on offer or where a blind eye is taken, I have been in the latter and I cannot see how it can benefit someone like myself that chooses to control any temptation that may occur (Never has) and take responsibility rather than allow a few people that cannot control themselves or are to stupid to see where it can lead them to totally ruining a area.

RA

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
is instilling fear the best way to run a country?
edit on 8-8-2016 by farmville because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: farmville
is instilling fear the best way to run a country?

Every country does it... Police...taxes...Laws and punishment..Consequences for ones actions..Religion... Just different degrees... Still all are control mechanisms .... Even the garden of Eden had rules and punishment if you want to go that route.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I don't believe addiction, by default, should strip you of the inalienable right to live. Or be in fear of your life. Do you live in fear of addicts in your neighbourhood? If so, would you kill an addict for just being an addict and living in your neighbourhood?

Don't by into msm crap. They are liars and full of bs.

The Philippine people are very happy with some long overdue house cleaning.

The corruption from drugs is being rooted out. You and the msm are playing up a fantasy that doesn't exist. There are no roving hit squads killing people at will.

Duerte has increased the pay of pulis and is rooting out corruption in pulis and government agencies. He is standing behind pulis so they can root out corruption. The country is becoming healthier.

The overcrowding and slow judicial system is a real problem. Hopefully he will turn attention to that also.

In the mean time you have several people living here telling you the truth. And the Philippine people are very happy with both him and what he is doing.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Here's a link to the complete list manilatimes.net

One judge was confirmed already dead since 2006, another was confirmed not a congressman. There could be an element of sabotage in Duterte's intel regarding his latest list.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: LarryLove

A drug addict wasting himself away is one thing. A drug addict or a group of addicts raping a 6 year old girl, killing her, and dumping her body like trash is another thing. The right to human rights must have a limit. Duterte saw the evil illegal drugs wrought upon his people FIRST HAND. This isn't a megalomaniac were talking about.

And how sure are you that those "extra judicial killings" were really committed by police officers or professional killers sanctioned by Duterte?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join