It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian team banned from Rio Paralympics.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The International Paralympic Committee has taken a bold decision in applying a blanket ban on the Russian Team from the Rio Paralympics.

They have given the Olympic Committee a BIG thumbs down and have exposed them for the spineless gang, they are.

The endemic use of performance enhancing drugs in Russian sport needs to be addressed and I feel the IPC have done the right thing.

Of course Russia doesn't, but of course they wouldn't, would they?

www.dailymail.co.uk... sored-doping.html

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Good.

The evidence of state sponsored doping is incontrovertible. Russia should have been banned from the Olympics too.

It’s a real shame that Russia is being let down by corruption at all levels.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

I concur.

My son and I have got into the habit of shouting "They are on the state funded programme", every time a Russian athlete shows up.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yah, screw the evidence... what evidence again? Some 'scratches on bottles"?

Do we get to see that proof? Nah don't need the proof, its the Russians. Of course they are guilty of whatever London says they are.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'm shocked that the Russian team were banned from the Olympics, and then... suddenly... they're just not?!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The ones that are in the Olympics passed international test.

You see you are born in Russia, but you train in other country and you pass your test, you get to play.

Discriminating all Russians just because they are Russians is an injustice to those Russians that are clean, what they did for the regular Olympics is the just.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

edit on 7-8-2016 by Indigent because: Roid rage

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I call BS...Brazil is a corrupt state lead by corrupt officials which are sucking the life out of the Olympics! Their actions will leave a big gap in the competition...260 athletes...that will be sucked up by the Brazilians. They know they can not field world class competitors...BS...don't let these scum bags make up the rules when they lead the world in drug production and export the killer weed and powder all over the world.
Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

It's all about winning and losing. The team with the best technology should always have the advantage. Are they going to ban CRISPR eugenics that's right around the corner that can create specialized humans for each event because some technological backwards country can't afford it. Is this going to devolve to everyone is a winner like they push in the the U.S. right now.

As far as banning over alleged Russian doping, that has to be more of Obama's butt-hurt over Putin.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I disagree with a total ban sure a lot of athletes dope but not everyone does and if you pass your test you should be able to compete. Some athletes have trained their whole lives and are now banned from competition because of others which isn't fair.

On the note of state funded athletes I'd be looking at China more. Groomed from birth with the sole purpose of doing one sport. Some of the Chinese weight lifters look super human! Must be all the ginsing or something.

edit on 7-8-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

This is a two part thing;

Firstly, no doubt some Russian Athletes are guilty of doping. But so are the Chinese, American, Australian, Brazilian etc etc.

The second part is the new cold war. God knows why the USA is intent on treating Putin and Russia like the embarrassing drunken uncle who always turns up to parties uninvited, but they are doing everything they can to isolate it at the moment.
edit on 7-8-2016 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Do we get to see that proof? Nah don't need the proof, its the Russians. Of course they are guilty of whatever London says they are.

The Russians have not denied the accusations and have taken action (albeit limited) to address the WADA findings. Seems the only people denying the allegations exist in ATS.

The IC has recommended that WADA withdraw its accreditation of the Moscow laboratory as soon as possible and that its Director be permanently removed from his position. The Moscow laboratory is unable to act independently.

WADA report

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Lol, "The Russians are coming, the Russians are coming." Oh wait, no they're not.

The West put a stop to that.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The West put a stop to that.

In truth the international community put a stop to Russia’s full participation in the Olympics and Paralympics, based on Russia's wilful state-run doping programme. Russia are a member of the international community and a member of the bodies making the decisions.

Cheats should not prosper. Russia have only themselves to blame.

Very sad that the Russia authorities has sullied the reputation of Russian sportsmen and women, many of whom are clean - but we just don't know which ones! The Russian authorities have once again politicised sports with their political meddling, just like in the bad old days when Russian women athletes had hairy chests and beards on account of the drugs they were drip fed.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

In truth the international community put a stop to Russia’s full participation in the Olympics and Paralympics, based on Russia's willful state-run doping program.

Blah blah, the lab was in London, the UK is a NATO member state, how 'neutral' is that? I believe those results. Might as well send the samples to the CIA.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Blah blah, the lab was in London, the UK is a NATO member state, how 'neutral' is that?

Yawn. How tiresome. If you read the WADA report - even the Executive Summary (link given above), you will see that the corrupt labs were in Russia. Not sure where you have conjured-up London labs - have you made that up?

Besides, Russia's a member of these international organisations and athletics have sod-all to do with NATO.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Blah blah, the lab was in London, the UK is a NATO member state, how 'neutral' is that?

Yawn. How tiresome. If you read the WADA report - even the Executive Summary (link given above), you will see that the corrupt labs were in Russia. Not sure where you have conjured-up London labs - have you made that up?

Besides, Russia's a member of these international organizations and athletics have sod-all to do with NATO.

No thats the claim of the west. That samples were tampered with (in some undisclosed fashion). There were scratches on the bottles which precluded them being tested. No athlete has been accused of doping, but all of them have been banned forthwith. Theres no proof of doping, just undetermined proof of 'tampering'. Conveniently... (and very clever)

The multiple samples from 22 athletes were sent to a lab in London where it was determined that all the samples had their seals broken, except one. This what they said in t he live press conference given yesterday, I watched it. Did you?

That they banned all the athletes in a group for their countries actions just shows the agenda to make the Russians as a whole look bad and ban them from world events due to politics.

I repeat none of the Russian paralympic athletes were found to test positive for doping.

Last reply.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

No thats the claim of the west.

No. That's the claim from an international body (WADA) which Russia is a member of. It's a claim backed up by evidence. Read the report.

Your attempt to break this into a West versus Russia issue is silly. If Russia had not had a state supported doping regime, thus politicising sport in Russia, then Russian athletes would not have to suffer sanction.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Your attempt to break this into a West versus Russia issue is silly.

I expect nothing less form a proven anti-anything Russian member such as yourself.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The only unspecified claim is the samples were 'tampered' with. No Russian athlete was found to test positive for doping.

The evidence for tampering is only a statement, not forensically presented, just a claim.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join