It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't we at least test the candidates?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I suspect many ATS users hold jobs.
I also suspect many ATS users have drivers licenses.

In many cases, to get a job (Especially the crappy low paying ones) you'd need to pass a drug test.
If you want to drive a car, you need to pass a drivers test.

Now it's pretty clear that many people support Hilary, and many people support Trump. Many people support neither- but I don't think a single person supports both.

It's intentional, and I see that- more divide and conquer nonsense...

But can't we test them?
I'd love to see them both take a road test. Throw a camera in the back seat and see how they do.
I'm honestly pretty sure at least one of them would fail a proper road test.

If they're not able enough to do what most people are simply expected to do, how can we trust them at all?

What other every day expectations could we test these jokers on?

There should be a strong and coordinated effort to eliminate both of them from the running, and I think proving that they're incapable of basic tasks that are required of most citizens would be a good start.

Maybe get them to make a pot of rice.
That'd be a laugh.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Hmmm, I don't know let me think, oh yeah- how about a polygraph?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Test them how again? Clinton was Secretary of State. That's a massive job with a significant amount of skill needed to do it. Donald Trump hasn't built a damn thing in ages, is being prosecuted for Fraud over Trump University, sticks his name all over the place and his latest torrent of abuse has been direct I believe at the Japanese. He seems to be having a mental breakdown in public.
So you can guess who I think should get the job.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

A polygraph test would be interesting, but remember it doesn't work on everyone.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Those tests listed(road and making rice) are certainly very related to politics. This is how politicians should be tested, not for their skills or experiences in politics or management, but whether or not they can drive perfectly or make some rice.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Test them how again? Clinton was Secretary of State. That's a massive job with a significant amount of skill needed to do it. Donald Trump hasn't built a damn thing in ages, is being prosecuted for Fraud over Trump University, sticks his name all over the place and his latest torrent of abuse has been direct I believe at the Japanese. He seems to be having a mental breakdown in public.
So you can guess who I think should get the job.

Gary Johnson?
Or if not then I guess Stein?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Id love to see hillary pee test results for lols

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Polygraph.

Buzzfeed quizzes like, which color lightsaber would you have.

Psychological tests for sociopathy and psychopathy

Cooking test. If you cant make something delicious in the kitchen you arent fit to be president.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   
POTUS is not allowed to drive while in office, though Obama drove a 63 Corvette around the White House with Jerry Seinfeld for a few minutes. But I'm not sure, "Must hold a valid driver's license" is in the job description. Nor is making cookies.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
This is interesting, and another member and I touched on this the other day on another thread.

I would like to take it a step further.

When my nephew was going through the process of being hired as a police officer, he was required to take a series of psychological evaluations, such as the MMPI. (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) which detects personal characteristics on many levels, personality disorders, depression, thought disorders, etc. He also underwent verbal evaluations by psychologists. He was also required to take a polygraph.

We require this of police officers but not our President? With all these questions about both candidates right now, I would love to see this implemented, and the results disclosed to the public.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Anyone seen Trump's obvious lie of a 'physical exam' letter** from last year? It was hilariously demented (vintage Trump) and yet the MSM completely ignored what a farce it was. We had evidence of his BS going back years, and yet he got a complete pass because he was so 'entertaining', i.e. ad-sale worthy.

And then there's Hillary constant 'oh I made a mistake, I won't do THAT again' only to up the ante and make bigger, more lucrative 'mistakes' next time.

In lieu of the obvious need for psychological and physical testing of both of them by several trustworthy persons, I'd settle for a permanent implant that gives them a hefty electrical shock every time they lie. Fry them, right there in front of the cameras!

**www.donaldjtrump.com...

PS: Don't go to the fake doc's www site, it downloads a virus onto your computer.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well, while some posters are being a horse's ass joking around, *I* see the merit in requiring a post-party nom college level civics & politics pop quiz, broadcast live so you can see how knowledgeable candidates are regarding the country's rules & regs meat, and if they even know WTF the OO entails for them (bet Trump couldn't answer much correctly) That way, you can see who is a bumbling moron, and who really does have a good chance at somewhat smooth sailing for their potential term, or who would be relying on a team to do their work for them because they don't understand anything going on.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Hell, I could write that script myself - Hillary with her convoluted word salad, every other sentence including the phrase 'I made a mistake' or 'I had bad judgement but not anymore' and Trump will completely BS his way through everything while telling us how great he is and how everyone else is a 'loser'.

I swear, these aren't candidates, they're anti-Turing tests.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
This is interesting, and another member and I touched on this the other day on another thread.

I would like to take it a step further.

When my nephew was going through the process of being hired as a police officer, he was required to take a series of psychological evaluations, such as the MMPI. (Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory) which detects personal characteristics on many levels, personality disorders, depression, thought disorders, etc. He also underwent verbal evaluations by psychologists. He was also required to take a polygraph.

We require this of police officers but not our President? With all these questions about both candidates right now, I would love to see this implemented, and the results disclosed to the public.

To be fair, the US Constitution sets the required qualifications for a US President and those requirements are very simple. The requirements for different police departments vary and are determined by the departments themselves (I think).

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Of course, the parties could qualify their candidates however they want. Even though it isn't constitutionally required, I wouldn't mind seeing some basic standards from our two main parties.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
A mandatory IQ test, polygraph and disclore of tax records should be mandatory for all politicans.

The tests results shouldn't disqualify anyone, just be made public so they can decide.

Though seeing how binary brained and party sheep Americans are Trump and hillary could have IQ of 50, have a checkered tax historys and fail ever polygraph questions yet there rapid dimwitted supporters would still vote for them.....
edit on 7-8-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I doubt either of them could even pass the Citizenship test.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: VP740
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Of course, the parties could qualify their candidates however they want. Even though it isn't constitutionally required, I wouldn't mind seeing some basic standards from our two main parties.

If anything, I could agree with psychological evaluations and constant drug tests. I'm not actually in favor of drug tests per se, but I think it makes sense that people with a powerful influence over the general population need to be tested.

Imagine the fallout if it turned out that the top officials in the Dept of Defense were all '___' addicts, a quarter of each State's legislature was routinely drunk on the job, or a substantial amount of our police forces were coc aine addicts. Then again, a lot of things would make more sense if this were the case.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
A psychological test made specially for politicians would be enough, you would be surprised, or then, maybe not...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Testing wouldn't matter when voters have no regard for truth. The testing would be deemed 'rigged'.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join