It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the perfect metaphor for politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Welcome to 2016-where our politicians take 45 minutes to answer a simple yes or no question and their list of excuses are as long as the Great Wall.

However pop culture has it's way of making an intended or unintended point. So I present to you 'steamed hams' a skit from the Simpsons where Seymour Skinner plays the part of the 'politician'.

Let's break down the footage. Skinner (the politician) makes a meal for his boss (the voters) and makes multiple excuses for his multiple screw ups then both walk away from a fire (scandal) and don't look back while Skinners Mom (the voters) are left behind in the mess that Skinner and super Nintendo Chalmers ignore.

What do you ladies and lads think? Am I reading too much into this or can this represent the current state of politics? Either way it's fun to
watch.
edit on 7-8-2016 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

How can the voters be both[i] Skinners boss And his mother?

And he's burning down his own house (presumably representing the government) while his boss walks away unscathed, yet, somehow at the same time, left to burn to death in the conflagration?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

oh I really did love that skit. I would say the metaphor is spot on. Deflect and lie, then lie some more.

join