It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitches and Sad Ladies -- the thinking thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Bitches and Sad Ladies - The thinking Thread.

Years ago I bought a used paper book entitled "Bitches and Sad Ladies'. The description is "An athology of Fiction By and About Women". It is edited by Pat Rotter.

I loved it, and so did my friends. I loaned that book so many times, and each time I got it back it was more and more worn, until finally it wasn't returned at all. The other day, something caused me to remember the book, and surprise! I was able to find a copy of it online.
It got me to thinking about doing a similar compilation here on the boards, in the writers forum.

DIFFERENCES: Males would be welcomed also, if you have a story about a bitchy woman, or a sad lady, please write it and post it. I would love it.
The stories can take any form; be autobiograhpical, biographical, or plain out fiction. (Of course, no need to disclose that)

This is more description about the stories taken from the jacket cover.

(these stories) address tthemselves to the fragile and dramatic state of women in transition. Thye deal with the emotional content of women...........yet do not bear the burden of politics, nor do they attempt to define other lifestyles for women to follow.

Gail Godwin and Joyce Carol Oates are among the writers.

The editor gives the following definitions.

A bitch is a woman who can finally say "I come first. I am the most important person in my life. A bitch doe not evade her responsibilites to herself by taking care of everybody else's problems. She is learning she will be loved even if she refused to define herself by the demands of her lover, husband, or children.

The sad lady is a victim of her own needs and insecurities. She fears losing love".

Of course on LIW's thread there are no rules. I haven 't written anything yet, but two I have in mind are just comical! Stories about events from a friends life, that are hilarious.

ANYWAY. I thought it might be interesting and fun, and of course I will put it in the writers forum.
I wanted to feel you out first, to see if there is any interest, because I don't want to put up what I consider a collabrative effort, and be the only posting! That would make a sad lady!
Let me know if you are interested. Place a comment here, or just a star if you like the idea. Don't star if you don't plan to write a story, that way I can know by the number of stars, or please comment.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Ya, apparently there is an invisible klingon woman that wants my soul and wont reveal who she is... and talks sht and sends me bad dreams because I have been fcked with psychologically my whole life. "He wont take me for a ride in his car to the park and wont mingle with the people from the other dimension that plot on him and stage reality... Why can't he just trust anything?" Maybe I should just cut off my ball sack for this alien I don't even know so she can feel loved. Or just let her eat me like one of those spiders after we "mate"... I want her to live on you know...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Clay888

Well then, put it in short story form, and get it ready for our literary consumption.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
LOL... nah I don't wanna waste too much more time with it since its not a factual book.. Some people like fcked up psycho fantasies with lies but I wouldn't share a story with them.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: Clay888

Well then, put it in short story form, and get it ready for our literary consumption.

The 'Klingon' part might be a copyright infringement. Just sayin'.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
OK I will use "Whittle Baby Girl Alien Psycho" instead

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Unfortunately, the only woman I have met in person who fit into the description of Bitch according to the editor, was also a bitch in other aspects.

I really do not want to write that story again, but I find the subject matter depressingly familiar, and we humans allegedly like familiar things, so here I am.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Being a guy, I have written stories featuring both type characters from an observer viewpoint.

I can think of one which I don't think I've published which would have the types rather ambiguously mixed, as in standing tall claiming to be the one while actually demonstrating the other.

I will probably have to dig through some trunks to find it though.

Were you thinking of having this thread as a link drop off point for stories in the fiction sub forum?

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Hi! Actually I would start another thread in the collaborative writer's forum, and let this thread die. : )
Your story sounds interesting and deliciously detailed, by the way!

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

So if this thread's going to die, might as well throw in some Dr. Hook.

edit on 7-8-2016 by pthena because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I am thinking a story of Helen of Troy would be appropo. A Sad lady who went bitch and through her actions ended up leading to the destruction of an entire city ... but she put herself over everything else depending on the version you look at.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Check out Casandra, I think her story could beat Helen's any day.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: ketsuko

Check out Casandra, I think her story could beat Helen's any day.

Cassandra never got to be a bitch though. She was always just the sad lady.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Oh, how could I, how could I ever forget about Dr. Hook and the Queen of the Silver Dollar? ♥
Oh man. That's all I've got to say about that. except ♥♥

Soooo, it looks like we've got a maybe from True, (who by the way can write about any kind of bitch he wants to write about anytime anyplace anyhow as far as I'm concerned)

And YOU, who will have to go exploring through your things to find one, and ME, who hasn't written one yet!

So, I think what I will do, is bump this thread again in a while, and see if it might catch more interest at a later time.
Let's do that. I think it has potential for some interesting reading myself. : )

Friends? Back at cha!

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I've thought over the story I had in mind, easier than looking for it LOL. I think I'll go ahead and re-write it, with improvements. So I'm ready any time. You're on my friend list so when you start I'll see it on my wall page.

In the meantime check out my Poem Speaking to the Wind.

ETA not the best timing. I'll probably start moving within days. Don't know how long I'll be without internet, not long after move complete though because I'm moving in with a cable guy.

edit on 10-8-2016 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

I wanted to feel you out first, to see if there is any interest, because I don't want to put up what I consider a collabrative effort, and be the only posting! That would make a sad lady!

But... wouldn't NOT putting that up, because of your fear and insecurity concerning being the only one doing it,
be "a sad lady"? Wouldn't a bitch do it regrdless of how others would respond, because she wants to do it, period?

Anyway, the concept is kind of profound for me. I'll probably be thinking about it for the rest of the day.
I would have to fit into the sad lady catagory, I realize, despite my not feeling sad now.
I made sacrifices in life out of fear, insecurity, and a desire to love and be loved. The music played at my wedding was that from "The Little Mermaid", just before I set off to live in my husbands foriegn country, where I could not speak to anyone, and each day was a painful experience in loneliness, inability to connect with other humans, humiliation, and eventually the terrible realization my husband had really fallen in love with some other twisted idea of an american woman - without having much sense of who I am as an individual. I had to kill my personality, and recreate myself, laregly according to what others wanted and what would allow me to connect with my environment.

Sounds terribly sad, like the little mermaid story... and yet, the funny thing thing is, there is something now incredibly empowering in the end result now. I don't know how I could communicate it - the sacrifice that ended up freeing me to be the bitch now.
I don't know. What is this? How could I explain the experience that is on the surface, paradoxial?
hmm. Thanks for the inspiration.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Bitch is the derogatory term used by sad men that can't treat a partner as an equal to encourage and uplift their dreams... but must fill some fantasy role. Dogs are the derogatory term for men that do the same as the bitch and create sad women...

It's a stupid vicious cycle of tail chasing... it arises from the fantasy of youth and fairy tales and well the real world doesn't comply to fantasy and fairy tales. Sure someone out of insecurity may see someone as a rival and someone to be jealous over but confidence doesnt play that game, those playing confidence games are well liars and scoundrels that keep creating sad men and women and are really the dogs and bitches.

I've noticed a lot of people get a dog as a "starter" child thinking that if the two people can raise one or accept one already as a pet... then they can be a worthy mate. Well children aren't animals, some people like animals more than people... some guys will even see pets as rivals, children as rivals... and the same with women.

It's that whole dominance and control garbage, like you can own or control someone other than oneself.

Own yourself and control your self that's one of the hardest things to do' as it means personal responsibility, independence, strength and dignity and self determination no matter the situation.

Acceptance of someone for who they are and not what you want them to be is love. To be in love with someone is to accept who someone is as they are and encourage them to grow into who and what they want to be and it is reciprocated no matter what aspirations that may be... it does not take children for such a marriage or partnership to be valid as a couple in love in such a manner gender does not matter.

Of course some people are poly amorous and not monogamous... I am neither of those things so that's something I cannot speak about as a monogamous person that would rather go it alone, that means someone is emotionally stable and not just trying to spread their pollen from flower to flower in dishonesty then boot them to become sad women only to get that pain so much that they close up and become "bitches" that will teach people lessons... whether deserving them or not.

Intent and communicating that intent is the honest thing to do... why that's the hardest thing for some to do? I have no idea except the programming and the ideas of many different people as to what love etc is all about. Acceptance and encouragement of others... thats love sex does not have to be involved in such a thing. When in love with someone specific that desires the same for you with mutual attraction to accept encourage and support them the same as they for you with sexual attraction involved between both? That's in love.

Emotional attachments are many times just co-dependence a need not a want. You want them to be there but really it's out of need when someone can stand on their own and not get crushed over and over no matter the situation then confidence grows the more someone stops blaming others for their problems and situations the more they can become independent and stand on their own... but some situations do not foster such a thing such as families that do not accept or encourage or some parts of the system that do not accept or encourage.

Individuals is what a person is, no one is defined by a group or family but they certainly will use it as an excuse as an individual instead of stand in personal responsibility. Being beat down and expected to fill roles not oneself for acceptance in family or society is one of the worst difficulties or struggles someone can go through... but it is worth the struggle to keep going keep striving and grow that strength, that will, that determination... that's how you keep your dignity no matter what situation or mode or expression of life one finds themselves in.

I don't let people cast roles for me, I know what ethical society expects of me as a citizen and I follow it to avoid complications, there are moral statutes in my state I do not agree with because they do not understand the separation of moral and ethics from not separating church and sate. When a state does not do such then it grows in bias, bigotry, discrimination and not equality then uses a banner or group as justification or something to blame instead of taking individual responsibility for all actions.

But eh it's society some good some not so good but it takes wisdom to know the difference.

edit on 11-8-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Bitches and Sad Ladies - The thinking Thread.

if you have a story about a bitchy woman, or a sad lady, please write it and post it.

Yes, because the male-dominated, misogynistic world of the internet needs more of this.
Love your posts, hate this idea.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I'm glad you like the idea, and it looks like your story is writing itself, enough that I want more. I like women, both bitches and sad ladies. I would like to read about the inner thought processes and dialogue that occurred through the transition. It's always fascinating to read about events that cause people to become the people they are.

I hope you write it.

posted on Aug, 11 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Then your story is written! I think a good title is "Thoughts on Love, and the Bitch who won't be labeled!"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join