It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Fix Is In

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Being accused of something and being acquitted of it is bad now? If so, then what does that say about Trump and the numerous lawsuits against him? Sure, he hasn't been found guilty either. But simply having a trial is enough for you, right?

I never said that. I am saying the Clintons are marred in scandals and Clinton was impeached, all this while in public office. Trump wasn't.

I get that. But I keep pointing out that simply being impeached isn't an issue. Being impeached and then being found guilty is where things get bad, because that's when actual consequences come up.

Instead, the Republican opposition controlled both Houses of Congress and used that power to impeach a President from their rival party. Then, the Senate (that was controlled by Republicans) still acquitted him of all charges. In other words, the Repubs themselves acquitted Bill of all charges during the impeachment process they initiated! So where's the scandal, except the point that Repubs couldn't even finish their own plans?

Wait, you know he was impeached for "lying under oath"

Guess what, he lied under oath... 100%... on camera, in the news, caught red handed (or stained blue dress handed).

Give that man a cigar.... cough...

Guilty, not charged.... sound familiar?

And he was acquitted. Acquitted by a Republican controlled Senate, no less. If the Republicans themselves acquitted him after impeaching him, what's the issue? Especially since the lies were about an affair.

For the record, several of the sitting Republicans at the time ended up having affairs and sexual misconduct in their own closets, too. Examples are 1. Representative Henry Hyde's affair; 2. Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich's affair with an intern; 3. Rep. Bob Barr's affair; 4. Rep. Dan Burton's affair; 5. Rep. Helen Chenoweth-Hage's affair, and 6. former Rep. Dennis Hastert's child molestation scandal. All of them were sitting Republicans who were in favor of impeaching Clinton over his affair w/Lewinsky. You can find more details HERE
edit on 7-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Being accused of something and being acquitted of it is bad now? If so, then what does that say about Trump and the numerous lawsuits against him? Sure, he hasn't been found guilty either. But simply having a trial is enough for you, right?

I never said that. I am saying the Clintons are marred in scandals and Clinton was impeached, all this while in public office. Trump wasn't.

I get that. But I keep pointing out that simply being impeached isn't an issue. Being impeached and then being found guilty is where things get bad, because that's when actual consequences come up.

Instead, the Republican opposition controlled both Houses of Congress and used that power to impeach a President from their rival party. Then, the Senate (that was controlled by Republicans) still acquitted him of all charges. In other words, the Repubs themselves acquitted Bill of all charges during the impeachment process they initiated! So where's the scandal, except the point that Repubs couldn't even finish their own plans?

Wait, you know he was impeached for "lying under oath"

Guess what, he lied under oath... 100%... on camera, in the news, caught red handed (or stained blue dress handed).

Give that man a cigar.... cough...

Guilty, not charged.... sound familiar?

And he was acquitted. Acquitted by a Republican controlled Senate, no less. If the Republicans themselves acquitted him after impeaching him, what's the issue? Especially since the lies were about an affair.

With all the investigation of Bill Clinton - - all they can get him on is having affairs? Like so many presidents before him.

I'd say that's pretty damn good.

Power/political marriages have been around a long time. No one should define a marriage, but those in it.

Seems to me Bill & Hill have a stronger bond then many, many other couples.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   
With regards to the truly corrupt and the way they escape convictions, Ayn Rand said best:

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - you know your nation is doomed...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Whoa, why are you moving the goal post? The point I was responding to is your claim that we Americans supposedly have a "Need a First" syndrome and that "People are going to vote for Hilary to achieve this no matter how bad she is. Same thing with Obama, no matter how inexperienced he was."

I simply pointed out that both Pres Obama and Hillary are both far more politically experienced than Trump. So if you're going to claim that Obama's experienced, what does it say about Trump? I'm not going to compliment nor criticize Illinois's corruption record because that's not the issue here.

Oh & who cares if Hillary's from New York or not? A citizen in America can run for office in another district if they meet the legal requirements, which she obviously did (typically a specific number of years of residency). For comparison, George "Dubya" Bush was born in Connecticut but was elected Governor of Texas. And his brother Jeb was born in Texas but was elected Governor of Florida. Welcome to America.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
With regards to the truly corrupt and the way they escape convictions, Ayn Rand said best:

When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - you know your nation is doomed...

Ayn Rand was selfish and self absorbed.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: UKTruth

Ayn Rand was selfish and self absorbed.

Some might use that same critique of globalists, Annee.
Besides, it's the message that is important and lives beyond the personal flaws of a human being long after they are dead and gone.
Selfish and absorbed people can be right (I didn't know her so can't validate your opinion) just as those on the moral high ground can be badly wrong.
edit on 7/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Remember something, I voted for Bernie. I don't even like the Clintons. Bill reminds me of a sleazy supervisor I had, who would literally sit down & joke with you while trying to convince management to fire you behind your back. And I don't trust Hillary for a multitude of reasons. My family & I had major debates during the 2008 Democratic primaries about her and we all concluded that she would've had Obama assassinated if he made her his VP.

And I'll forever hold a grudge against her because I directly blame her trip to Libya and her speech to some Libyan "rebel" leaders for the death of Qaddafi which happened within days of her speech. I have a boatload of other reasons not to like them too, like her & Bill's part in Arkansas' implementation of the "War on Drugs" while they allowed the CIA to ship coc aine into St Louis (plus their attacks on welfare & much more).

However, I simply loathe Trump and the Repubs even more. Trump called for putting all American Muslims in a database, surveillance of Muslims, closing mosques, etc. That directly affects myself and my family and is absolutely unacceptable.

edit on 7-8-2016 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I'm sure Bill would just love Hillary to get in, more interns for him

all i can say is Trump is the only one who can do the damn job.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I simply pointed out that both Pres Obama and Hillary are both far more politically experienced than Trump. So if you're going to claim that Obama's experienced, what does it say about Trump? I'm not going to compliment nor criticize Illinois's corruption record because that's not the issue here.

Then I'm not sure your point here since political experience has nothing to do with "need a first".

Oh & who cares if Hillary's from New York or not? A citizen in America can run for office in another district if they meet the legal requirements, which she obviously did (typically a specific number of years of residency). For comparison, George "Dubya" Bush was born in Connecticut but was elected Governor of Texas. And his brother Jeb was born in Texas but was elected Governor of Florida. Welcome to America.

You missed my point...she got voted in on name recognition only.. I didn't say she wasn't born there just never invested in the State in anyway until she saw a opening to allow her to win on name recognition only. Bush on the other hand lived and worked in Texas since the 60s.

My main point is her political savvy/experience is dubious at best other than her last name.

edit on 7-8-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Maybe for another thread - but the FBI raided the Philadelphia headquarters of John Dougherty this weekend seizing evidence including hard drives. John Dougherty is a union boss and Clinton associate and was highly involved in the organisation of the DNC. I wonder what the feds are after...?

heatst.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

However, I simply loathe Trump and the Repubs even more. Trump called for putting all American Muslims in a database, surveillance of Muslims, closing mosques, etc. That directly affects myself and my family and is absolutely unacceptable.

You are already in a database. We all are.
You are already surveilled. We all are.

As for closing mosques... any Mosques that are proven to preach hatred should be closed and bulldozed.

edit on 7/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

This looks like it could get interesting,

Nice post UK

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

I'm sure Bill would just love Hillary to get in, more interns for him

all i can say is Trump is the only one who can do the damn job.

Politics at this high level requires patience and intense negotiations with people you can't fire.

Trump is not qualified for this level of politics.

He's a reactionary. An emotional child.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Remember something, I voted for Bernie. I don't even like the Clintons.

On a side note how did you like the "Fix is in" against old Bernie. Didn't it also bother you that this whole time it was only Bernie to challenge her?

I see all these real events going on and people like you take old fashion political rhetoric as some kind of bigger issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

This looks like it could get interesting,

Nice post UK

Look here -

billypenn.com...

This man is tied to quite a few powerful people including the President, Hillary Clinton and his brother is a supreme court justice. I rather think there will be a few people hoping he was good at hiding and deleting files...

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   

These people make me sick! Everyone knows what they're doing, everyone with sense in their head anyways. It can't go on this way much longer, it's getting worse by the year.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Politics at this high level requires patience and intense negotiations with people you can't fire.

Have you done any research on Hillary behind the curtains? She is one crazy angry lady to put it mildly, so I would be careful in suggesting she has patience in any way.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Hillary is a liar a thief and a dangerous human being.

Trump will hire those who need to get the job done, cause lets be honest here... The job hasn't been getting done in a very very long time. We all know it's nose dived badly since bush, but she would cause WW3.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Have you done any research on Hillary behind the curtains? She is one crazy angry lady to put it mildly, so I would be careful in suggesting she has patience in any way.

Hillary is very patient, as long as you look down at the ground in her presence and never ever look her in the eye.

posted on Aug, 7 2016 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton lying for 13 minutes straight.

Long political career experience means for little. America wanted its first Black President and through Obama America has amassed unimaginable debt and he supports Hillary to be the first female president to continue on with his form of government and Bill will be the first male First Lady lol. Just more of the same.

Trump at least has the abilities to be successful in business and at least attempt to turn America around from being run into the ground.

As much as I`m shocked that out of a population of over 300 million it comes down to Trump or Hillary winning, I`d vote for Trump hands down if I had to make that choice.

As they say when America sneezers the whole world catch's a cold, so what happens in America should also be important to the rest of us living elsewhere.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join